Spock's Brain

6 replies to this topic

#1 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 06:08 PM

That's right, Spock's Brain. The campiested of campy episodes has gotten the remastered treatment. There's hardly been any contention about the fact that this one is one of the worst of Star Trek, but that hasn't stopped Mike and Denise Okuda and David Rossi from tackling Spock's Brain head-on.

The U.S.S. Enterprise is on a routine mission in deep space when a beautiful young woman beams onto the bridge. Without a word, she touches a band on her wrist and everyone is rendered unconscious. She moves around the bridge until finally she comes to Spock. Smiling, she lays a hand on the Vulcan's head, as if she's found what she was looking for.

When Kirk awakes, Spock is gone from the bridge. Before the captain can find out where his first officer has gone, McCoy calls, demanding his presence in sickbay immediately. Spock's body lays on a diagnostic table, on full life support. McCoy explains that his brain is gone ... miraculously removed with some technology that the doctor has never seen before. Every nerve was sealed and there was no blood lost. However, McCoy tells him if the Vulcan's brain isn't returned to his body within 24 hours, Spock will die.

Duh duhn DUHHHHH! [/dramatic reverb]

See the remastered images here.

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 lwallace2

lwallace2

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 06:48 PM

I don't think any amount of remastering can possibly make this episode any easier to swallow. But I guess I'll have to reserve official judgement as I have not actually seen the remastered version. :P

#3 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 08:12 PM

I don't think any amount of remastering can possibly make this episode any easier to swallow. But I guess I'll have to reserve official judgement as I have not actually seen the remastered version. :P

Well, it'll be easier to watch... kinda.

Posted Image

#4 TOSRules

TOSRules

TrekPropZone.com Owner

• VIP
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:23 AM

They should have renamed it "Where is Paramount's Brain" for wasting the money to revamp it... :upsidedown:

Roger
Roger...aka: UFP-1701

Posted Image

#5 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:25 AM

They're remastering all the episodes. The good ones and the bad ones.
Posted Image
Leverage -- Season 5 on DVD Coming September 17th

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#6 jonathan

jonathan

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:16 AM

I always loved this episode and i thought it was one of the more well done episodes as far as story lines go.

#7 GalacticGal

GalacticGal

3rd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

I can count on one hand the number of TOS episodes I don't like. This one is top of that list. LOL Too campy for words, it's beyond watching. I don't get any pleasure out of it, whatsoever. Beyond campy, it makes me squirm in my chair the few times I have sat through it, worse than "The Way to Eden" makes me feel. I've seen it so few times, I don't even recognize it by it's beginning scenes. :unsure: What can I say?
"I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once!"

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users