Star Trek vs. Star Wars

14 replies to this topic

#1 Dieborg

Dieborg

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:13 PM

I think a star trek vs. star wars video game would be nice. The gameplay for starships should be like Star Trek: Legacy, and for fighters should be like the Star wars rogue squadron series and Star Trek's shattered universe.
The plot could be Federation and Rebels against the Borg and Empire
What do you think the game should be like?

Edited by Dieborg, 29 May 2007 - 02:14 PM.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Dieborg

Dieborg

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:33 PM

:star-wars: :borg2: :borg:

#3 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:33 PM

Interesting concept..naturally Star Trek would kick Star Wars butt though.

Posted Image

#4 Dieborg

Dieborg

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:13 PM

True, Starfleet has ships with energy weapons and probably stronger shields and are much faster and manuerverable than a ship like a star destroyer. But maybe phasers and torpedoes couldn't lock on to a starfighter.

#5 Crashko

Crashko

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:18 PM

star trek

#6 Captain Phoenix

Captain Phoenix

Petty Officer 1st Class

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 04:34 AM

Yeah Star Wars would lose, they only have simple laser cannons which starfleet vessels are equipped with deflector shields to block and the federation have phasers and photon/quantum torpedos. Death star takes 5 days to aim and charge then finally shoot by then the station is taken over and the jedi and sith would be killed by tons of squads of starfleet cadets and crewmen. Star Wars would just be destroyed. But the concept of the game is amusing and sounds awesome! They really should make a game like that. But it would be unfair haha ;). As far as locking onto fighters, the tie fighters come in swarms so just one photon would kill all in it's blast and locking on is no problem, they did it in TNG forgot name of episode but they took care of 3 fighters in 2 seconds! Heck just get the defiant, it'll handle everything hehe.

Edited by Captain Phoenix, 01 March 2008 - 04:36 AM.

In Captivity, in war, in peace, I will stand by my ship, and my crew, and never forget my duty as a Starfleet captain.

Keep Deep Space 9 alive!!! Sign this movie petition to make a Deep Space 9 movie!
http://www.petitiono...ed.cgi?ds9hrzns <<< CLICK AND SIGN <<<

#7 PostalDude

PostalDude

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:45 AM

Starwars sucks all the way........................

I never liked it........... StarTrek rules........................... :clap:

Posted Image

#8 Dr EMH

Dr EMH

Commander

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 03:21 AM

u all must watch this video clip ... one Enterprise-D vs the entire Empire fleet! :lol:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=hNxhrPaaCA4
I'm a doctor, not a door stop. [ST:FC]

Singapore Star Trek Fansite ... www.startrek.sg ... for the fans, by the fans.

#9 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:47 AM

Cool video.

The game is a interesting idea.
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#10 Radardog

Radardog

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:58 PM

If you're going to do Star Trek vs Star Wars, then you should just use Star Trek technology vs Star Wars technology. There's no need for a storyline, just random missions using a matchup of ships.
Captain, I am not a merry man! - Worf "Qpid"

#11 Melvin

Melvin

Eternal Pretend Dollar Debtor

• Members
  • 11,581 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:12 PM

Yeah Star Wars would lose, they only have simple laser cannons which starfleet vessels are equipped with deflector shields to block and the federation have phasers and photon/quantum torpedos. Death star takes 5 days to aim and charge then finally shoot by then the station is taken over and the jedi and sith would be killed by tons of squads of starfleet cadets and crewmen. Star Wars would just be destroyed. But the concept of the game is amusing and sounds awesome! They really should make a game like that. But it would be unfair haha ;) . As far as locking onto fighters, the tie fighters come in swarms so just one photon would kill all in it's blast and locking on is no problem, they did it in TNG forgot name of episode but they took care of 3 fighters in 2 seconds! Heck just get the defiant, it'll handle everything hehe.

Oh, jeez, time for me to school you, then. Keep in mind I'm a Trek man, I only know these things because I have an obsession with starships and a good friend who is a die-hard Wars fan.

Also keep in mind that most of Star Wars canon isn't contained within the movies, a lot of it is in the canonical novels and graphic novels.

Eclipse-class Star Dreadnought has a complement of over 600 TIE Interceptors. Interceptors have four lasers, each with the power to destroy a small asteroid. Not much, but when you've got 600 of the buggers, that's 2400 lasers, firing at quite a rapid pace. Bombers are even more powerful, and the Eclipse has somewhere around 100. The Eclipse (and every Star Destroyer, really) has thousands of turbolasers, each capable of incinerating a building in one shot. These can all be brought into play if the target is dead front. The Eclipse has a superlaser, as powerful as one of the three component beams of the Death Star, designed specifically to destroy other ships. Usually with one shot. All of this in one ship, one class, and the Empire has hundreds, maybe thousands, more. Yeah.

That's not even getting into stuff like the Star Forge or something else my friend told me about (don't take my word for it, but this guy does know his stuff) that was basically a machine designed to destroy a sun.

That's the kind of stuff they don't show in the movies ;)
My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die. -Bob Marley
The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel. -Horace Walpole
Experience teaches us that silence terrifies people the most. -Bob Dylan
Everyone dies but not everyone lives. -A. Sachs
This is the way the world ends / Not with a bang, but with a whimper -T.S. Eliot
The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I? Light up the darkness. -Bob Marley

A ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

#12 PostalDude

PostalDude

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:16 AM

StarWars just sucks........ StarTrek series is far better .........

SW may be more popullar in gaming sector.... but ..... ST has some good games too...... STEF/2 ....Armada/2 ...... Bridge Commander.....

Posted Image

#13 Adster2008

Adster2008

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:22 AM

True, Starfleet has ships with energy weapons and probably stronger shields and are much faster and manuerverable than a ship like a star destroyer. But maybe phasers and torpedoes couldn't lock on to a starfighter.

Phasers would definitly target fighters because of the advanced targeting system used for phasers to target ships sub-systems.

#14 Adster2008

Adster2008

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:28 AM

u all must watch this video clip ... one Enterprise-D vs the entire Empire fleet! :lol:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=hNxhrPaaCA4

The video is Brill

And i also think that the game is a good idea

StarWars just sucks........ StarTrek series is far better .........

SW may be more popullar in gaming sector.... but ..... ST has some good games too...... STEF/2 ....Armada/2 ...... Bridge Commander.....

I agree totally there is also SFC3 which is also a great game

#15 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:42 AM

I would like a action ST vs. SW game. And the plot could also be Federation vs. The Droids.

Edited by Commander Lazar, 16 June 2011 - 07:42 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users