Invitation to UK Star Trek fans

4 replies to this topic

#1 kehlan

kehlan

Warrant Officer 1st Class

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 03:32 PM

I hope its ok to advertise this here. I also was not sure where was the right place to put it. So if its not ok then I apologise to the admin - please feel free to move this topic to wherever you consider the right place for it.

The Federation/Klingon Rapid Response Fleet would like to invite you to join us at the first Starfleet/Klingon banquet.

To be held at the Quality Hotel in Milton Keynes (UK) on Sat 27th Oct 2007.

Ticket price is £30, to include a three course meal, charity auction, disco etc.

All funds raised will go to Macmillan Cancer support.

The party will, obviously have a Star Trek theme, with Trek related dishes, decorations etc and yes, its a costume party. While predominantly Star Trek, other shows are welcome - and in fact one of our guests will be dressed as a wraith (Stargate Atlantis)

tickets are limited to 70 and entrance is by ticket only.

any questions, please contact me on kehlan@ncc-71805.com or leave a message here.

oh, I have been asked why Milton Keynes? Well, that date is the weekend of Collectormania, a really great event held twice yearly at Milton Keynes shopping centre - I recommend it, its free, fun and they have good guests there signing.... So it seemed like a good idea to arrange things so that people can go to Collectormania during the day and come to our party at night.

thanks

Kehlan

Fleet Captain of the Federation/Klingon Rapid Response Fleet

http://www.ncc-71805.com/

Ask me about the Starfleet/Klingon Banquet

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,608 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:36 PM

I hope its ok to advertise this here. I also was not sure where was the right place to put it. So if its not ok then I apologise to the admin - please feel free to move this topic to wherever you consider the right place for it.

The Federation/Klingon Rapid Response Fleet would like to invite you to join us at the first Starfleet/Klingon banquet.

To be held at the Quality Hotel in Milton Keynes (UK) on Sat 27th Oct 2007.

Ticket price is £30, to include a three course meal, charity auction, disco etc.

All funds raised will go to Macmillan Cancer support.

The party will, obviously have a Star Trek theme, with Trek related dishes, decorations etc and yes, its a costume party. While predominantly Star Trek, other shows are welcome - and in fact one of our guests will be dressed as a wraith (Stargate Atlantis)

tickets are limited to 70 and entrance is by ticket only.

any questions, please contact me on kehlan@ncc-71805.com or leave a message here.

oh, I have been asked why Milton Keynes? Well, that date is the weekend of Collectormania, a really great event held twice yearly at Milton Keynes shopping centre - I recommend it, its free, fun and they have good guests there signing.... So it seemed like a good idea to arrange things so that people can go to Collectormania during the day and come to our party at night.

thanks

Kehlan

Other than having been in the wrong subsection, I don't see any violation of the Forum Rules here. You aren't advertising any type of durable goods or services but rather an event, and the proceeds are going to charity. I will say you should drop by the welcome section and introduce yourself so that we can give you a proper greeting :)
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#3 kehlan

kehlan

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:12 AM

If anyone is interested could they please let me know. I'm not looking for payment yet, just for an indication of numbers.

Plans are coming on nicely for this, the banqueting hall and the disco are booked and we are currently working on the menu. all the dishes will have Star Trek themes, although if anyone has any sugestions for a TRek name for a vegetarian main course, and for the cheese and biscuits, then I'd be grateful for the input.

Kehlan

#4 kehlan

kehlan

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 02:44 AM

nobody at all interested in attending?

nobody willing to offer a few moments of their time to offer menu suggestions or other ideas?

anybody there?

Kehlan

#5 Chroniton

Chroniton

Ensign

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:10 PM

Could you hold one further north? Please?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Dark Frontier Production Advisor
Unofficial Star Trek: Protector Production Advisor
Starship Excelsior Promotional Graphics
Star Trek Requirius Production Advisor and Graphic Designer
Trek fan fiction writer: Welcome to Romulus and Temporal Cold War Factions.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users