Star Trek: The Way Back Release Date

14 replies to this topic

#1 TopperHarley

TopperHarley

Captain

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:51 AM

Hello everyone, I would like to take a moment of your time to let you know about the upcoming release of Part One of the Animation Movie "Star Trek The Way Back" on Saturday 24 March.

The Way Back is, as already mentioned, a animated movie which is set one month after the events of Nemesis. Captain Picard has been promoted to the rank of an Admiral and is now on his new position as the head of Starfleet Academy. During the month between Nemesis and The Way Back, Doctor Crusher worked with B4 in Starfleet laboratory. The results she found out let her visit Admiral Picard at the Academy and ask him for a special mission to the Veridian system. Beside the full Crew of TNG there are also the most of the TOS Crew in this movie, only Scotty and Dr.McCoy will not be seen in this movie.

The Movie will be released in nine different sized parts, each of them will include ten scenes from the script. Different programs were used for the creation of this Movie. Characters have been created with the Computer Game "The Movies" and it's add on "Stunts & Effects" in front of a greenscreen. The used Sets and the space scenes are created with Blender 3D. To get both together it was used Ulead Video Studo 9 SE.

Development and finding of all voice actors have taken some time since the project started in December 2005, but now we are ready to give out something to the public.
We hope you all enjoy our creation. :)
Posted Image

Star Trek "The Way Back" Website (Part One, Two and Three online)

Part Three Online Now

Star Trek Titan

Newest episode:
seasons final
Titan 1.26 "Decisions Part 1"

Reflections about Trek United, what is it?

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 lwallace2

lwallace2

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 12:11 PM

Sounds like quite a project! Can't wait to check it out...

#3 Lightlord

Lightlord

Commodore

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 12:28 PM

Yea I like the project pretty much, I would like to congratulate you for the unique idea od using game in the film construction. Very original! Can't wait to check the part one.

#4 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:37 PM

Looking forward to the release. :thumbsup: Thanks, Topperharley for the update.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#5 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:23 AM

Congratulations to you and your team! I'm looking forward to seeing this - sounds like a ground-breaking production technique.

Cheers :thumbup:

Kirok of L'Stok

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#6 Lightlord

Lightlord

Commodore

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 01:52 PM

This is out and it is very good made animation except I don't like some of the voices. :)

#7 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

The Amateur Internet Radio DJ

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 05:23 AM

The opening reminded me alot of the overture of Star Trek: The Motion Picture so there was time to settle and get comfortable before the start of the video.

Good use of the Star Trek soundtracks with excellent sound quality which was fantastic to know because sometimes bad quality does get used in films

The graphics were absolutely fantastic and it was excellent the characters mouths did move to the sound, a nifty part was the shuttles in the background of San Francisco.

The voices were interesting but i don't see a big problem there at all.

The storyline is a good one especially with it's lead off from Nemesis, an interesting situation that the Enterprise crew is dealing with and it is a going to be interesting to see how the next parts deal with it.

Good luck with Part 2

#8 TopperHarley

TopperHarley

Captain

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 02:05 PM

Finally after a long wating time the second part of Star Trek The Way Back has been finished and we are currently doing last Testviews to get out last mistakes. You will be able to get the second Part of Star Trek The Way Back on

Saturday 27 October 2007

This second part is looking a little different to part one. The first part was done using Green Screen technics most of the time, this one now is real Machinima on nearly every moment aboard of the Starships. Just the Space scenes are still done with Blender.

Visit http://www.startrek-thewayback.de for more details on the News
Posted Image

Part Three Online Now

Star Trek Titan

Newest episode:
seasons final

#9 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 03:41 PM

thank you for keeping Star Trek alive - wonderful :D

Posted Image

#10 TopperHarley

TopperHarley

Captain

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:56 PM

Just a little reminder in case someone forget about the Release (is that possible? :) )

The Second part has been released on 27 October and it's running good :)
Posted Image

Part Three Online Now

Star Trek Titan

Newest episode:
seasons final

#11 TopperHarley

TopperHarley

Captain

• Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:50 PM

More than a year after the release of part two and a lot of technical and time problems, and probably a lot of people who thought Star Trek The Way Back has been ended without any notice, we can now inform you that part three will be released on 8 May 2009. Ok, bad joke, the real release will be on 20 December 2008 Posted Image

What will exactly happen in part three, well just a very few informations before you can watch it, the ships will reach Veridian 3, and an away team beams down to the place that we already know from Generations. For more about it you will have to wait until 8 May 2009, I'm sorry, 20 December 2008.

But if you don't want to wait this long you can also watch our new Trailer. It's not only showing scenes from the first three parts, it also has a few scenes from later parts Posted Image

Edited by TopperHarley, 01 December 2008 - 01:51 PM.

Posted Image

Part Three Online Now

Star Trek Titan

Newest episode:
seasons final

#12 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:27 AM

More than a year after the release of part two and a lot of technical and time problems, and probably a lot of people who thought Star Trek The Way Back has been ended without any notice, we can now inform you that part three will be released on 8 May 2009. Ok, bad joke, the real release will be on 20 December 2008 Posted Image

What will exactly happen in part three, well just a very few informations before you can watch it, the ships will reach Veridian 3, and an away team beams down to the place that we already know from Generations. For more about it you will have to wait until 8 May 2009, I'm sorry, 20 December 2008.

But if you don't want to wait this long you can also watch our new Trailer. It's not only showing scenes from the first three parts, it also has a few scenes from later parts Posted Image

You shouldn't feel bad about making us wait - it's almost traditional to have to wait long periods between fan films! :P Congratulations again! I'll checkout your trailer later.

Cheers

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#13 StarBear

StarBear

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

I just watched all three parts, good job, but i find myself eagerly wanting to know what happened now... i know its been 4 yrs, but is there going to be a next part in the foreseeable future, or has this venture been shelved indefinitely ?
" I Dont suffer from Insanity, i enjoy every moment of it !!! "

#14 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

I just watched all three parts, good job, but i find myself eagerly wanting to know what happened now... i know its been 4 yrs, but is there going to be a next part in the foreseeable future, or has this venture been shelved indefinitely ?

I'm sorry to inform you but they have told me that this project has been abandon.
Posted Image

#15 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

I just checked thru the opening credits. Amazing how many TrekUnited people were involved in this production.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users