Photo

30 replies to this topic

#1 Tmir

Tmir

Insane

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 03:23 AM

Ok who else saw this awsum movie? Ok so the story line wasnt that great, but the graphics OMG!! The fact that it was all done before a green screen? How cool is that, and you know after seeing that movie all me and my friends have been doing is yelling This is Sparta! and the kicking things like they did on the movie.

Spoiler

Do you like my fish?

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:18 AM

Only like the most bad-assed movie of, well... ever! B)
Have you reckon'd a thousand acres much? have you reckon'd the
earth much? Have you practis'd so long to learn to read?
Have you felt so proud to get at the meaning of poems?
Stop this day and night with me and you shall possess the origin of
all poems...

#3 WeatherManNX01

WeatherManNX01

Sir Sexy - USA! USA! USA!

• Members
  • 26,110 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:22 AM

You say that about just about every movie. :P

Posted Image

#4 Tmir

Tmir

Insane

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:38 AM

Well, you are a party animal. :P

It was! very bad-assed just makes you wish you were from Sparta so you could say This is Sparta! ALL the time! I still do, bu eh whatever I'm too tired to think right now, 300 one of the most amazing movies of all time
Do you like my fish?

#5 Trek Realist

Trek Realist

Amicus Hostis

• Members
  • 7,706 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:59 AM

Well, I saw the movie on Saturday night and I have to say I was blown away by it. I am something of a cineophile and I have to say the last movie that was able to generate the kind of awe and emotional engagement as this film would have to be Akira Kurosawa's Ran. There were a few liberties that they took (making Xerxes as large as he was, the rhinos and the elephants) and making the Immortals look more like chromed extras from a Noh play, but all in all that was the most amazing film I have seen in a very long time. I hope this film is successful because it's vision of what films can be borders on the truly revolutionary.
Atheism is not a religion. It is a personal relationship with reality.

Quis custodiet ipso custodes

My Blog

#6 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:06 PM

Prepare for glory!

Okay maybe it wasn't very historically accurate but phlox it was cool. Awesome fighting. I thought it was funny when Leonidas said "There's no reason we can' be curtious." as his men go around spearing the wounded.

It was also really cool when
Spoiler

I'm also looking forward to the parodies, picture Bobby Lee as Xerxes. :lol:

My dad predicts every Halloween party this year will have a drunk guy in a cape yelling: "Spartans!"

Edited by ensign edwards, 19 March 2007 - 12:07 PM.

#7 Tmir

Tmir

Insane

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:41 PM

Well, I saw the movie on Saturday night and I have to say I was blown away by it. I am something of a cineophile and I have to say the last movie that was able to generate the kind of awe and emotional engagement as this film would have to be Akira Kurosawa's Ran. There were a few liberties that they took (making Xerxes as large as he was, the rhinos and the elephants) and making the Immortals look more like chromed extras from a Noh play, but all in all that was the most amazing film I have seen in a very long time. I hope this film is successful because it's vision of what films can be borders on the truly revolutionary.

The reason they were so tall and large was because they wanted to make it from the point of view of the spartans, since they've never seen some of those things before
Do you like my fish?

#8 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:24 AM

Posted Image
all poems...

#9 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:05 PM

If you turn on the History Channel right now, you can see their "History in Focus" program discussing the history behind 300. B)
all poems...

#10 Tmir

Tmir

Insane

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 03:46 AM

yeah those Spartan's ruled, they were built too :P hehehe
Do you like my fish?

#11 Trek Realist

Trek Realist

Amicus Hostis

• Members
  • 7,706 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:12 AM

yeah those Spartan's ruled, they were built too :P hehehe

So, I see your fervor for this film is based on the Spartans being mantastic ..... :P :P :P

"Not only would no nation or government accept this ... but it would also consider it as hostile behaviour which is the result of cultural and psychological warfare."

- Gholamhossein Elham: Iranian government spokesman, about the film 300, which depicts a battle in 480 B.C. when the massive Persian army was held off for three days by a small band of Spartan soldiers

What a load of nonsense :roflmao:
Atheism is not a religion. It is a personal relationship with reality.

Quis custodiet ipso custodes

My Blog

#12 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:46 AM

What a load of nonsense :roflmao:

I second that.

#13 Phill

Phill

Ghost in the machine

• Members
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 12:23 PM

I don't think that even makes any sense :P

#14 JediMonkey

JediMonkey

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 08:48 PM

I thought the movie was great. I though it was cool that they used Frank Miller's comic book (of which it was made from) as the actual story boards. Which is what I think they did for the most part with Sin City. I enjoy Greek History and Mythology so I had to see it. It fit with some of what historians wrote about it but Miller added some artistic nuances to make it more exciting. I'm definately going to get it when it comes out on DVD.

#15 The Star Treker

The Star Treker

Commander

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:13 PM

I did like 300 but there wasn't much of a story in it. I love Ghost Rider, Wild Hogs, TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), and Blades of Glory much better so far though. If 300 had more a story to it I probably would like it much better. I also don't think 300 is worth getting on DVD or go see it again either. I think the best movie this year will be Spider-Man 3 and I can't wait to go see it!!! I just hope that Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End won't beat Spider-Man 3 to it though. I just couldn't ever get into Pirates of the Caribbean and I don't really like Disney anymore either anyways.

#16 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:41 AM

I thought the movie was great. I though it was cool that they used Frank Miller's comic book (of which it was made from) as the actual story boards. Which is what I think they did for the most part with Sin City. I enjoy Greek History and Mythology so I had to see it. It fit with some of what historians wrote about it but Miller added some artistic nuances to make it more exciting. I'm definately going to get it when it comes out on DVD.

I love history and mythology too. The battle of thermopylae is one of my all time favourite stories from history.

I did like 300 but there wasn't much of a story in it. I love Ghost Rider, Wild Hogs, TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), and Blades of Glory much better so far though. If 300 had more a story to it I probably would like it much better. I also don't think 300 is worth getting on DVD or go see it again either. I think the best movie this year will be Spider-Man 3 and I can't wait to go see it!!! I just hope that Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End won't beat Spider-Man 3 to it though. I just couldn't ever get into Pirates of the Caribbean and I don't really like Disney anymore either anyways.

Looking forward to spidey 3. I can see it for free cause 300 was delayed by technical difficulties and they gave us tokens for a free movie by way of apology.

#17 Overmind

Overmind

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 04:41 AM

Some of the history in 300 is incorrect.
I am the Universe. Resistance is futile. The Truth is classified.

#18 Phill

Phill

Ghost in the machine

• Members
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 04:46 AM

Some of the history in 300 is incorrect.

Dude, get over yourself. It's a film not a documentary

#19 aussie trek mom

aussie trek mom

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 04:51 AM

It was an absolutely brilliant movie. My husband has watched it at least 4 times so far. I thought it was brilliantly made and the main character is o m gosh!!!!! Definitely drooling material. One of the better films ive seen in a long time!!!!

#20 Overmind

Overmind

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 04:53 AM

Yeah...but come'on Punk Edition Persan Emperor ?
It's a mockery to Persia !
I am the Universe. Resistance is futile. The Truth is classified.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users