Trek Care Packages

9 replies to this topic

#1 christrekkie

christrekkie

Trek to Troops Coordinator

• Members
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:33 PM

After our first run of Trek Care Packages we are being asked to send more items. We are supporting MWRs Centers in Afganistan and in Iraq with items to keep Troops Entertained. We have given out over 200 Star Trek Books (All Paperback books) and Video Games Xbox and PC Games . 60 Xbox and over 100 PC Games donated by Take 2 Interactive.

Now we started and we are being requested for more items cause this is getting popular with the Troops. The List with the most popular Requested items are listed here
http://trektothetroops.org/tcp/index.html

Trek Care Packages is a Joint Venture with Trek to the Troops and American Legion Post 122 of Cordes Lakes, AZ We get the items together and Legion Post helps us send these items to troops that request them.

If your interested in helping with this you can send me a measage on here or email
info@trektothetroops.org

By the Way just to remind everyone Trek to the Troops website has moved from .com to Trektothetroops.org cause we now fall under the Non Profit Status of
www.soldiersangels.org in which we have joined forces in Supporting the troops who are far from home.

Thank you,

TO the possible Critics of this:
This is about supporting the troops nothing polictical just in the supporting the troops and not of anyway allieing on the issue of War. It's about supporting and showing the troops support from the Community here at home. There is no need to discussing issues on this topic or politicts.

Thank you
Christopher Mulroonye
Founder/President
Trek to the Troops

US Army Veteran
www.trektothetroops.org
www.christophermulrooney.com

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,614 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:41 PM

Without commenting on the geopolitics; it is important to show support for the troops if not as soldiers, then as people seperated from their homes and families by circumstances beyond their control. To that end, I'll pin this one for you Chris ;)
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#3 christrekkie

christrekkie

• Members
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:24 AM

Without commenting on the geopolitics; it is important to show support for the troops if not as soldiers, then as people seperated from their homes and families by circumstances beyond their control. To that end, I'll pin this one for you Chris ;)

Thank you Sevenson_71
Christopher Mulroonye
Founder/President
Trek to the Troops

US Army Veteran
www.trektothetroops.org

#4 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,614 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 10:17 AM

Thank you Sevenson_71

Da Nada. ;) But Chris, given the fact I know you donate your time to this, I was wondering if you have been posting your time in the UN volunteer day thread. I bet you could boost the US numbers quite a bit :)
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#5 christrekkie

christrekkie

• Members
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:38 PM

No i hadn't been doing that. Time is hard to count since most of my time is during normal Everyday things. I guess I could try to figure out how many hours of event time and stuff like that and put that in there.

Not counting the Trek Care Packages.
Christopher Mulroonye
Founder/President
Trek to the Troops

US Army Veteran
www.trektothetroops.org

#6 ticktrek

ticktrek

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 09:26 PM

Chris, do the Playstation games have to be new?
Connorseurs do it with Cuteness
"Let's make sure history never forgets the name: Enterprise."
-- Captain Jean-Luc Picard , TNG 163

Posted Image

#7 christrekkie

christrekkie

• Members
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:01 AM

No the games don't have to be new, But in good shape. Even the movies can be previously played they just have to be workable for the troops. Newer the movies and Classics that troops would enjoy.

Newer the better though newer releases are really popular cause most of the soldiers are deployed for year at a time so more then likly hasn't seen the movie over there untill they come out on DVDs ect.

Chris, do the Playstation games have to be new?

Christopher Mulroonye
Founder/President
Trek to the Troops

US Army Veteran
www.trektothetroops.org

#8 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,614 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:42 AM

I'll talk to the owner of the Video Game exchange near where I live when he comes back from vacation on the 14th and see if there are any consoles and or games he'd be willing to donate :)
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#9 christrekkie

christrekkie

• Members
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:32 AM

Cool Thanks :) Any bit helps. :)
Christopher Mulroonye
Founder/President
Trek to the Troops

US Army Veteran
www.trektothetroops.org

#10 JHauck

JHauck

Ensign

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:09 PM

"Star Trek: New Worlds", based out of Surrey B.C. Canada is 100% behind you. If there's anything I can do to promote this further, let me know.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users