Photo

Rate "Where No Man Has Gone Before" (New CGI Version)

11 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate "Where No Man Has Gone Before" (10 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you rate this TOS episode?

1. A. (7 votes [70.00%])

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

2. B. (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

3. C. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. D. (0 votes [0.00%])

5. F. (0 votes [0.00%])

How would you rate the CGI in this Episode?

1. A. (9 votes [90.00%])

Percentage of vote: 90.00%

2. B. (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. C. (0 votes [0.00%])

4. D. (0 votes [0.00%])

5. F. (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 NX014Ever

NX014Ever

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 04:16 PM

How would you rate this TOS episode?

How would you rate the CGI in this episode?

Where No Man Has Gone Before episode information
"There's one thing you never put in a trap if your smart. If you have any plans of seeing tomorrow there's one thing you never, ever, put in a trap...Me!" - The (11th) Doctor. [/center][/size]

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 08:32 PM

The storyline was good, not amazingly great, but good. So, I gave that a "B". For the effects, I gave an "A".

The stellar background at the beginning and end of the episode were really great. I'd like to see more of that here and there in future episodes.

It's pretty obvious that the Galactic Barrier has been updated. The new one looks a thousand times better.

The Vega colony and planet were good too. But the Barrier is the best thing in the episode.
Posted Image
Leverage -- Season 5 on DVD Coming September 17th

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#3 Shlomi of Vulcan

Shlomi of Vulcan

Resident Vulcan Old-Fogey

• Members
  • 9,305 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 02:26 AM

This first episode with Shatner as Kirk (even if it was James R. Kirk) has always been one of my favorite TOS episodes. And now with the improved CGI it is fabulous. The look of the Enterprise entering and leaving the Galaxy boundry was fantastic in the new CGI format. It really added to the show. I did wonder why they didn't use some of that CGI magic to change the initial on the tombstone to T. instead of the R. that was erroneously placed there in the original shooting.

Edited by Shlomi of Vulcan, 21 January 2007 - 02:27 AM.

"Having problems with the present? Find solace in the fact that some future generations will call these "the good ole' days." Shmu'el Ben Shalom

"If I wanted to argue about which imaginary friend is tougher, I'd just go to church" Jason of KC

Politically Incorrectile Dysfunction

#4 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 09:53 AM

I did wonder why they didn't use some of that CGI magic to change the initial on the tombstone to T. instead of the R. that was erroneously placed there in the original shooting.

I think they said that they ran out of time, otherwise they would have done it. Maybe if people want it badly enough, they'll change it for when these episodes come out on DVD.

And here's a beautiful shot for you. The new version of the Galactic Barrier:

Posted Image

Nice! (It looks even better in motion.)

Edited by Kyle Nin, 21 January 2007 - 01:24 PM.

Posted Image
Leverage -- Season 5 on DVD Coming September 17th

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#5 Tom

Tom

TrekUnited Owner & Co-Founder

• Managment
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:47 PM

I thought it was very cool, I liked the small retro details on the enterprise like the big deflector dish and the spikes coming out of the front of the nacelles etc..

BTW got the VFX reel up in our video player here:

http://www.trekunite...p?showforum=329

TrekUnited - Owner & Co-Founder

Associate Producer of Star Trek: Renegades, Coming soon!!

GalacticaBBS.com - Owner

"To boldly do what no one has done before..."

#6 Radardog

Radardog

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:40 PM

I really like this episode and I thought the shots of the Enterprise going in to the barrier were pretty cool. A's all around!
Captain, I am not a merry man! - Worf "Qpid"

#7 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:57 PM

I'm very late to the discussion, but I have finally gotten the opportunity to start watching these now that I bought season one on HD DVD.

I did however see "Balance of Terror" on tv, which I had high hopes for. It was dissapointing, and WNMHGB looks great compared to it. Rather than paste over with effetcs like in BOT, they actually re-did scenes completely (mainly the barrier).

I've always loved the episode, gave it an A

Effects are glorious - A

I think they said that they ran out of time, otherwise they would have done it. Maybe if people want it badly enough, they'll change it for when these episodes come out on DVD.

Nope, still R. We didn't petition. :P

Edited by dominion_ruler, 22 January 2008 - 10:59 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Captain Phoenix

Captain Phoenix

Petty Officer 1st Class

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:11 PM

The storyline was good, not amazingly great, but good. So, I gave that a "B". For the effects, I gave an "A".

The stellar background at the beginning and end of the episode were really great. I'd like to see more of that here and there in future episodes.

It's pretty obvious that the Galactic Barrier has been updated. The new one looks a thousand times better.

The Vega colony and planet were good too. But the Barrier is the best thing in the episode.

Agreed, kind of slow and easy going, and a bit strange, but story was ok...CGI was great in this episode :)
In Captivity, in war, in peace, I will stand by my ship, and my crew, and never forget my duty as a Starfleet captain.

Keep Deep Space 9 alive!!! Sign this movie petition to make a Deep Space 9 movie!
http://www.petitiono...ed.cgi?ds9hrzns <<< CLICK AND SIGN <<<

#9 Ezri

Ezri

Ensign

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:33 PM

well ... ahh ... ok i think. little dated. give it two ICK's

#10 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:50 AM

I voted A.

#11 Greystone

Greystone

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:16 PM

One of my favourites this. It must be set at least a year before the balance of the episodes due to the clearly more primative equipment etc. The Enterprise must have been refit which could suggest that season one was Kirk's second year in command. add to that the animated series as the fifth year then that five year mission is covered.

#12 jonathan

jonathan

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:28 AM

a

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users