Photo

NCIS

38 replies to this topic

Poll: NCIS (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Who's your favorite regular?

1. Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon) (7 votes [31.82%])

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

2. Tony DiNozzo (Michael Weatherly) (3 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

3. Ziva David (Cote de Pablo) (1 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

4. Timothy McGee (Sean Murray) (1 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

5. Abby Sciuto (Pauley Perrette) (6 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

6. Doctor Donald "Ducky" Mallard (David McCallum) (4 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

7. Director Jenny Shepard (Lauren Holly) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:29 PM

Posted Image

NCIS

I figured it was about time this show get a thread. It's easily one of my favorite shows on TV today, and it's property of our friends at CBS. ;)

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 JoannaPoe

JoannaPoe

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 01:10 AM

... because they didn't have enough acronyms on the air as it was. :rolleyes: Seriously, I love this show, and I voted for Abby, though it was really hard to choose. OT: I've always thought Mark Harmon would make a great Starfleet captain. :P

I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your browser history when you die.

ST: Unity

#3 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:20 AM

I voted for McGee but as JoannaPoe said, it was hard to choose.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#4 DOSMAN

DOSMAN

Commodore

• Members
  • 556 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:25 AM

Warning: Negative post. (Feel free to skip!)

I went through an interesting curve with this show: First, being overwhelmed with all the movement and talking and fast scene progression; then being delighted by those elements and becoming a big fan of the show whose main strength is/was the various chemistries between the characters; then they pulled one of the worst main character deaths/season finales/jump-the-shark moments in TV history in response to Sasha Alexander's departure (including the "ghost" appearences -- *gag*), but they put Lauren Holly in the show and it was good for a while....

Now, surprisingly, I find the show somewhat slow and very formulaic. All that neat direction, action and banter seem so trite these days. Ex: Every show seems to start with Tony doing something stupid, then Ziva and/or McGee become involved/distracted by it just in time for Gibbs to show up at the most embarrasing moment... Ex2: "Did I ever tell you about the time...." trivialities from Dr. Mallard while Always Annoyed Gibbs stands around him impatiently... Ex3: Abby and/or McGee trying to explain something moderately technical to Always Annoyed Gibbs, getting cut-off, forced to jump to the end....

NCIS is probably still a thrill for the uninitiated, but the ride is short-lived, IMO.
Computer? Yep. Internet? Of course. >>> So put them to good use!

TrekCore - TOS, TAS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, Movies, and Gaming

#5 TheClown

TheClown

Pastafarian Black Belt Priest

• Members
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 05:58 AM

I like Abby. Guess why!!!
" I see the world thru the eyes of a clown " - boris (me)

Posted Image

The Clown Stories

#6 windsong

windsong

Special Agent - Cuteness Investigations

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:24 AM

Had to vote for the Man from Uncle - Duckey. But I tend to agree with Dosman - the formula is wearing thin - don't like the girl that replaced Kate. The last show I made the effort to watch was the one where His Royal Cuteness Mr Connor Trinneer made a guest appearance - lovely!!!!
CERTIFIED CONNORSEUR

European Recovery Group for Late Night Chats - sleeping partner zzzzzzzzz

Whether you're soar away sun or BBC 1, Misinformation is a weapon of mass destruction
You could be a Caucasian or a poor Asian, Racism is a weapon of mass destruction
Whether inflation or globalization, Fear is a weapon of mass destruction
Whether Halliburton or Enron or anyone, Greed is a weapon of mass destruction
We need to find courage, overcome,Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction
Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction

Faithless 2004

#7 Trek Realist

Trek Realist

Amicus Hostis

• Members
  • 7,706 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:57 AM

Well, the show is no more formulaic than JAG was, and let's face it the show is basically one part JAG, two parts CSI with a dash of 70's zany sitcom thrown in for flavour.
I didn't vote for Mark Harmon because it annoys me that the older he has gotten the better looking he has become (and no, I am Hetro). I chose DiNozzo because his seems to be the most complex character ... someone who tries to do good but hides beneath a snide and smarmy personae.
Atheism is not a religion. It is a personal relationship with reality.

Quis custodiet ipso custodes

My Blog

#8 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:28 PM

Umm, Gibbs... duh. :P Like you had to ask?
Have you reckon'd a thousand acres much? have you reckon'd the
earth much? Have you practis'd so long to learn to read?
Have you felt so proud to get at the meaning of poems?
Stop this day and night with me and you shall possess the origin of
all poems...

#9 FrellingSebacean

FrellingSebacean

You can call me FS.

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 13,132 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 01:29 PM

I'm going to have to give this some thought. I don't know if I should vote for Gibbs, Tony :wub:, or Ziva. I love them all but for different reasons.

It's beer o'clock, where the hell is my riot?

"It's truth in a box." ...and it mine!

#10 ticktrek

ticktrek

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 06:51 PM

Well, the show is no more formulaic than JAG was, and let's face it the show is basically one part JAG, two parts CSI with a dash of 70's zany sitcom thrown in for flavour.
I didn't vote for Mark Harmon because it annoys me that the older he has gotten the better looking he has become (and no, I am Hetro). I chose DiNozzo because his seems to be the most complex character ... someone who tries to do good but hides beneath a snide and smarmy personae.

Mark Harmon was one of People Magazine's Sexiest Men Alive several years ago. I've been a fan of his since his St. Elsewhere days, but in the poll, I actually voted for the Man from UNCLE.
Connorseurs do it with Cuteness
"Let's make sure history never forgets the name: Enterprise."
-- Captain Jean-Luc Picard , TNG 163

Posted Image

#11 TheClown

TheClown

Pastafarian Black Belt Priest

• Members
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:08 PM

Abby is in the lead......... :clap:
" I see the world thru the eyes of a clown " - boris (me)

Posted Image

The Clown Stories

#12 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:43 PM

I just saw that Abby has a Forensics for Dummies book on a desk in her lab! :lol:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Madame President

Madame President

Confused, as a general rule

• Members
  • 5,856 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 10:49 PM

I have never watched this show. Someone please reassure me that it is not a cheap rip off of CSI so I can feel not ashamed if I ever catch it on the television.
"Only Nixon can go to China." -Vulcan Proverb

Landru: are you of the Body?

Proud to be a member of SANITY

#14 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:01 PM

I have never watched this show. Someone please reassure me that it is not a cheap rip off of CSI so I can feel not ashamed if I ever catch it on the television.

I think it's a far sight better than CSI ;) The characters and plot lines are much more believable and realistic.
Have you reckon'd a thousand acres much? have you reckon'd the
earth much? Have you practis'd so long to learn to read?
Have you felt so proud to get at the meaning of poems?
Stop this day and night with me and you shall possess the origin of
all poems...

#15 Madame President

Madame President

Confused, as a general rule

• Members
  • 5,856 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:08 PM

Okay, I now feel reassured. It just seems like everything is a cheap rip off of everything, you know? Like, Project Runway and America's next top model, or MTV and VH1, and Tom Paris is a rip off of a human being. That's right, I just shafted Tom Paris.
"Only Nixon can go to China." -Vulcan Proverb

Landru: are you of the Body?

Proud to be a member of SANITY

#16 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:17 PM

I think it's a far sight better than CSI ;) The characters and plot lines are much more believable and realistic.

I agree with Russell, it's far better (not to say that CSI isn't entertaining). I highly reccomend you catch it next Tuesday (or on CBS's Innertube).

Posted Image

#17 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:42 PM

NCIS has better characters, logic, actors, and action. I don't watch it regularly but I consider it an actual option.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#18 Starsearcher

Starsearcher

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:34 AM

I voted for Tony. His character sometimes annoys me and I wish they would make him a little bit more "normal". But I like Michael Weatherly and I think he's a great actor. Just look at his role in Dark Angel and this one. It's hard to believe that "Eyes Only" and Tony DiNozzo are portrayed by the same actor.

By the way I have to agree with what Dosman said. It's still one of my favorite shows but the interaction between the characters isn't as good as in the first season.

#19 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 04:19 AM

I voted for Tony. His character sometimes annoys me and I wish they would make him a little bit more "normal". But I like Michael Weatherly and I think he's a great actor. Just look at his role in Dark Angel and this one. It's hard to believe that "Eyes Only" and Tony DiNozzo are portrayed by the same actor.

By the way I have to agree with what Dosman said. It's still one of my favorite shows but the interaction between the characters isn't as good as in the first season.

Oh, they are soo different characters. :) He does very fine work.

And I could see where one could say they've fallen into a rut. I don't watch it often enough to be bothered by it.

Edited by poko, 06 February 2007 - 04:20 AM.

-Doctor-

Posted Image

#20 Santa

Santa

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:07 PM

NCIS is great. And I voted for Ducky, btw...

It's like CSI, only it has great storylines, believable and really, really likeable characters, and good directing. Yeah. So I guess you could say it's like CSI, except it's actually *good*.
One day, you will realize with dismay, that with just one, tiny, almost insignificant exception, the world is made up of 'others'.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users