6 replies to this topic

#1 Captain Picard

Captain Picard

Ensign

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 08:11 AM

http://andoria.jino-...p?p=170#post170

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Captain Picard

Captain Picard

Ensign

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 01:16 PM

Be not afraid, we are not bitten;)

#3 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,614 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 06:28 PM

I would hope not, getting bitten would be painful for you ;)

In response to Seth's comment, we have an old saying in our country; necessity is the mother of invention. If all of us want it badly enough it can be made to happen :)
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#4 Captain Picard

Captain Picard

Ensign

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 07:47 AM

SETH had in view of the following: on a forum of a site andoria.jino-net.ru, the section " Global Coordination ", for dialogue with other peoples is created.
And if someone, something does not understand.... Always it is possible to use the program - interpreter:)

#5 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,614 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 02:25 PM

I always thought personally a great add-on to a board program like this would be a Universal Translator of some sort. Be it an automatic like a word filter that bases it's translation on the reader's country or even a pull-down menu with a link to a Babelfish type site or something. :)
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#6 Captain Picard

Captain Picard

Ensign

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 02:52 PM

I have allocated for myself, interpreter Promt...
On my sight, in him the most basic languages are assembled...
More correct translation also is carried out. ;)

#7 Legolas

Legolas

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 04:25 PM

I type my posts instinctively, i don't use translators. Come to think of it, many of my countrymen are quite good at English. Being a small nation, we have to be. Some of the other nations are much more stubborn about using this language or using their native tongue when talking to tourists. Italy and Germany for instance are such die-hard language patriots.

Edited by Legolas, 22 May 2009 - 04:27 PM.

I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith...

Olórin (Gandalf): Losto Caradhras, sedho, hodo, nuitho i 'ruith!

Legolas:"Boe a hyn... Neled herein - dan caer menig."
Aragorn:"Si, beriathar hyn ammaeg na ned Edoras."
Legolas:"Aragorn, nedin dagor hen-ú-erir ortheri. Natha daged dhaer."
Aragorn:"Then i shall die as one of them!"
Posted Image
Lle quena i'lambe tel' Eldalie? (Do you speak Elvish?)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users