• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:22 AM

What Kinda boat?

It was similar to this boat; http://www.batagent....om&sprak_id=268
Its name was Albatross :lol:

ERIS - Irene, don't call Santa ... call me! :lol: :wub:

:hug:

sevnson_71 - So wait, you hate snow, and dislike boating. Are you sure you are Norwegian? :huh: :P

Yes... :P Some of my family moved (ran away from the snow? ) to the US a long time ago, so maybe this intense dislike of snow is something inherited, hehehe.

Edited by Irene Brustad, 28 November 2008 - 09:24 AM.

#22 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:49 AM

:hug:

Yes... :P Some of my family moved (ran away from the snow? ) to the US a long time ago, so maybe this intense dislike of snow is something inherited, hehehe.

Very nice boat. Kind of a strange name, did he pay too much for it? :P

You do realize that many Norwegian immigrants ended up in some of our country's coldest, snowiest winter regions, right? :P (Look in the midwest, near where the great lakes are, along the Canadian border. Minnesota, Wisconson, Alaska). They chose it because it reminded them of home.
Posted Image

Maybe they were just looking for some nice warm blooded Americans to cuddle up with ;)
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#23 Canadian Mind

Canadian Mind

What you wanna know?

• Members
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:04 PM

That would be freckles there son, they don't wipe off :P

If you are getting global warming why am I still defrosting my car glass?

Freckles? I got freckles, and they aren't phlox-brown. :P

As for you defrosting your car, it is cause you live in a suckish part of the states. And instead of havign to scrape an inch of ice off, it is only half an inch.

Should get a sailboat, much more stable in every type of water, and you don't need to worry about running out of fuel (save for when you need to navigate a 30 foot Islander into the marina on wind power alone, thats a phlox)... since it is more stable, you wont get seasick nearly as often.

Very nice boat. Kind of a strange name, did he pay too much for it? :P

You do realize that many Norwegian immigrants ended up in some of our country's coldest, snowiest winter regions, right? :P (Look in the midwest, near where the great lakes are, along the Canadian border. Minnesota, Wisconson, Alaska). They chose it because it reminded them of home.
Posted Image

Maybe they were just looking for some nice warm blooded Americans to cuddle up with ;)

Nothing warm blooded about you cold blooded freaks. :P

Also, just because it is by the Great Lakes and the Canadian Border doesn't mean it is cold. we get up to 100-120F up here in several places.

More specifically about your map, not alot of Norwegian immigrats period, and they settles mroe around where the Danish and the Finns settles in Canada. Up here there is a retarded amount of Norweigian and Sweedish immigrants on the west coast of the country, in addition to all the Polish, Ukrainians, Ruskies, and Scotts. So everyone ends up being 10 feet tall and built like brick outhouses.
Posted Image
Vancouver...While I may not live there anymore, this is the city I still call home.

#24 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:52 AM

Freckles? I got freckles, and they aren't phlox-brown. :P

As for you defrosting your car, it is cause you live in a suckish part of the states. And instead of havign to scrape an inch of ice off, it is only half an inch.

Should get a sailboat, much more stable in every type of water, and you don't need to worry about running out of fuel (save for when you need to navigate a 30 foot Islander into the marina on wind power alone, thats a phlox)... since it is more stable, you wont get seasick nearly as often.

Nothing warm blooded about you cold blooded freaks. :P

Also, just because it is by the Great Lakes and the Canadian Border doesn't mean it is cold. we get up to 100-120F up here in several places.

More specifically about your map, not alot of Norwegian immigrats period, and they settles mroe around where the Danish and the Finns settles in Canada. Up here there is a retarded amount of Norweigian and Sweedish immigrants on the west coast of the country, in addition to all the Polish, Ukrainians, Ruskies, and Scotts. So everyone ends up being 10 feet tall and built like brick outhouses.

Rest assured, they're quite real. I haven't been standing in back of hers or anyone else's horse :P

Hey you're the one living in the sub-arctic where they wait for the lakes to freeze enough to drive semi-tractors so they can deliver supplies, we actually have a summer. :D
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#25 Canadian Mind

Canadian Mind

What you wanna know?

• Members
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 04:40 PM

Rest assured, they're quite real. I haven't been standing in back of hers or anyone else's horse :P

Dude, who said anything about a horse?

Further to that, your calling Irene a Horse? Nice way to compliment someone dude. B)

Hey you're the one living in the sub-arctic where they wait for the lakes to freeze enough to drive semi-tractors so they can deliver supplies, we actually have a summer. :D

Go get a map. :P

It all depends on where you are up here. Firstly, our country is bigger than yours, it also surrounds a bay that is a million square miles, so the actual distances between northernmost, southernmost, westernmost, and easternmost points are rediculous. Most people live in the parts of the country where summers can get up to 100F. Not alot of people live in the north, far, north, extreme north, Alert, or the North Pole (Saint Nick is a Canuck, he pays taxes), where the winters can be anywhere between -40F degrees and -80F.

Hell, even the summers in the sub-artic can hit 80F in the summertime. Alas as said above they also can drop that much below 0F in the Winter.

The temperature doesn't just automatically drop 50 degrees when you cross the border... though I wish it did for some parts of the country.
Posted Image
Vancouver...While I may not live there anymore, this is the city I still call home.

#26 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 05:42 PM

(Saint Nick is a Canuck, he pays taxes), where the winters can be anywhere between -40F degrees and -80F.

Hell, even the summers in the sub-artic can hit 80F in the summertime. Alas as said above they also can drop that much below 0F in the Winter.

The temperature doesn't just automatically drop 50 degrees when you cross the border... though I wish it did for some parts of the country.

Dutch actually :P But I think he holds multiple citizenships if it makes you feel better ;)

Yeah you hit summer temps at a point in the summer, they just don't stay there long. Parts of Greenland are the same way :P
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#27 Canadian Mind

Canadian Mind

What you wanna know?

• Members
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:17 PM

Dutch actually :P But I think he holds multiple citizenships if it makes you feel better ;)

Yeah you hit summer temps at a point in the summer, they just don't stay there long. Parts of Greenland are the same way :P

He lives on Canuck turf, makes him an immigrant.

Actually I take that back, currently the Ruskies are the ones with the flag up there.

And the fridged cold winter temps don't stay forever either, it all fluctuates, which is much better for mind and health than 12 solid months of earth-scortching heat.
Posted Image

#28 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:19 PM

He lives on Canuck turf, makes him an immigrant.

Actually I take that back, currently the Ruskies are the ones with the flag up there.

And the fridged cold winter temps don't stay forever either, it all fluctuates, which is much better for mind and health than 12 solid months of earth-scortching heat.

As I said, multiple homes...
http://www.santaclaus.net/ Santa Claus, IN

http://www.santaclau...n.php?kieli=eng Llapland, Finland

And let's not forget his summer place Santa's Village Jefferson, NH

didn't see one in Canada though :P

Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#29 Irene Brustad

Irene Brustad

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:57 AM

Snart tre år siden noen har postet noe som helst her nå... Og de fleste postene som allerede er her er postet av en kanadier og en amerikaner... Her bli d liv, rai, rai! :upsidedown:

:lol:

Edited by Irene Brustad, 08 August 2011 - 07:07 AM.

#30 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

Du er den eneste gjenlevende Viking snø prinsessen på denne utposten. Jeg antar det gjør deg dronningen? ;P
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users