Photo

best thing in Nemesis

71 replies to this topic

Poll: best thing in Nemesis (40 member(s) have cast votes)

your favrite thing or occurance in Nemesis

1. Scimitar (1 votes [2.50%])

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

2. Will & Deanna wed (3 votes [7.50%])

Percentage of vote: 7.50%

3. Shinzon (2 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

4. Viceroy (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Remans (2 votes [5.00%])

6. Valdore Warbirds (3 votes [7.50%])

7. space-battle in the Nebula (12 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

8. Riker gets own command (3 votes [7.50%])

9. Guinan (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Shinzon/Picard conflict (2 votes [5.00%])

11. Fancy Jeeps (0 votes [0.00%])

12. Romulus (5 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

13. Other (7 votes [17.50%])

Percentage of vote: 17.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Melvin

Melvin

Eternal Pretend Dollar Debtor

• Members
  • 11,581 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 07:29 PM

This was from a while ago, but as long as the rez wand has been waved...

There are some very good points there. I kind of agree with ST:E that Shinzon's ship should have got right next to Earth, and I feel that the fantastic Scorpion craft was woefully under-used, and squadrons of them should have been seen in some aerial scenes swooping down the streets of San Fancisco and taking pot-shots at civilians.

I don't know, something about the Enterprise trapped alone in the middle of a nebula kinda gets to me. Having some space docks nearby kind of destroys that, and the plot point of there being no properly functional ships would just be too convenient. But then again, that has been my writing and preferred reading style since before I can remember: an epic last stand, each side trying to desperately cripple the other. It's no longer a matter of victory in the end but of surviving. In this heat of battle is where the heroes are made. Data sacrificing himself to save his friends and crew, the 300 Spartans and the Thespians holding off the Persians so the Athenians can retreat, the last of the Rohirrim riding with Theoden from Helm's Deep.
My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die. -Bob Marley
The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel. -Horace Walpole
Experience teaches us that silence terrifies people the most. -Bob Dylan
Everyone dies but not everyone lives. -A. Sachs
This is the way the world ends / Not with a bang, but with a whimper -T.S. Eliot
The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I? Light up the darkness. -Bob Marley

A ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

#62 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:57 AM

I don't know, something about the Enterprise trapped alone in the middle of a nebula kinda gets to me. Having some space docks nearby kind of destroys that, and the plot point of there being no properly functional ships would just be too convenient. But then again, that has been my writing and preferred reading style since before I can remember: an epic last stand, each side trying to desperately cripple the other. It's no longer a matter of victory in the end but of surviving. In this heat of battle is where the heroes are made. Data sacrificing himself to save his friends and crew, the 300 Spartans and the Thespians holding off the Persians so the Athenians can retreat, the last of the Rohirrim riding with Theoden from Helm's Deep.

Oh God. I think I have multiple personalities and am posting here in my sleep under a different name! :o

:P Seriously that's just how I feel.

#63 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:26 PM

^^^Yes, I understand your sentiments guys, but don't you think the incredible destructive power and threat of Shinzon's thalaron planet-killer was a little under-realised in the end? Face offs and last stands in the middle of space are all very well, but it seems a shame to set up a situation where a human being who had never seen earth and never been among his own kind, goes onto threaten an entirely innocent planet! To my mind, a whole lot of very promising things were set up and quite simply woefully underused!

#64 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:07 PM

As I've said before I don't think the point was, ultimately, that Schinzon had this weapon and was going to destroy Earth. It was about one final showdown between him and Picard. The weapon just raises the stakes.

#65 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:37 AM

As I've said before I don't think the point was, ultimately, that Schinzon had this weapon and was going to destroy Earth. It was about one final showdown between him and Picard. The weapon just raises the stakes.

Shinzon vs Picard...something poeple overlook when they judge this film, and its a shame cause it was quite powerful how personal it got, so to speak being a clone and all.

Posted Image

#66 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:27 AM

Yes! That's the point!

#67 louiskaty2

louiskaty2

Commodore

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:57 PM

I went with the new Warbirds. They looked really cool, they had that bird/hawk type of feel and gave an impression of grace and power.
Gone...

#68 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:03 PM

as much as I liked the Scimitar and the battles and stuff I have to go with Riker finally weaning himself off....

I so wanted to type something else there...but I'll leave it to your imaginations... ;)

#69 sargalab

sargalab

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:19 PM

I like this movie (It's true!!!). But the original screenplay is better.

#70 josh.heinrichs

josh.heinrichs

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:43 PM

^ why? ok they are big things to happen ( destruction of romulus, mass devistation on Earth) and how do we know MACO's wern't around at the time of TNG plus Voyager ended in 2000, we don't exactly know how much time had passed between Voyager returning and Picard and Shinzon's squabble.

it would wipe the slate clean without going back to TOS - some i would say would cherrish that oppertunity - things in my Nemesis would set something totaly different up for Star Trek - a franchise in desperate need of a change.

Voyager ended in 2001.

Judging, I would say maybe a year or so. We also don't know why exactly she was promoted to Admiral rather then still being Captain.

#71 Eris

Eris

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:07 AM

Rip in peace, Data. We'll all miss you. :(

#72 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:59 PM

I said voted for the Scimitar! The ship is the best one i ever saw in a Sтар трек моvie, it's huge! I wonder why no one else voted for it <_<
**I voted**

Edited by Commander Lazar, 28 March 2011 - 12:00 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users