Photo

best thing in Nemesis

71 replies to this topic

Poll: best thing in Nemesis (40 member(s) have cast votes)

your favrite thing or occurance in Nemesis

1. Scimitar (1 votes [2.50%])

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

2. Will & Deanna wed (3 votes [7.50%])

Percentage of vote: 7.50%

3. Shinzon (2 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

4. Viceroy (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Remans (2 votes [5.00%])

6. Valdore Warbirds (3 votes [7.50%])

7. space-battle in the Nebula (12 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

8. Riker gets own command (3 votes [7.50%])

9. Guinan (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Shinzon/Picard conflict (2 votes [5.00%])

11. Fancy Jeeps (0 votes [0.00%])

12. Romulus (5 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

13. Other (7 votes [17.50%])

Percentage of vote: 17.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 03:43 PM

despite the controversy over this film, I went with the space battle in the Nebula. Sorry, but it got me...I'm a sucker for fancy visuals.

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 WeatherManNX01

WeatherManNX01

Sir Sexy - USA! USA! USA!

• Members
  • 26,110 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 03:46 PM

I think I'm going to have to go with the battle, too. That was awesome. But the new warbirds, the Scimitar, the Argo...all good things, as well. :thumbsup:

Posted Image

#3 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 03:47 PM

Space battle. But it's not just the mind blowing effects, it's the intensity, the risk, the personal desperation.

#4 Cougar

Cougar

fsfafsfdyryrhgf

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 24,610 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 03:48 PM

Space battle as well :thumbsup:

Posted Image

"We're not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department. We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people."
- Gen Hillier, Chief of the Defence Staff

#5 Shlomi of Vulcan

Shlomi of Vulcan

Resident Vulcan Old-Fogey

• Members
  • 9,305 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 04:07 PM

I went with Romulans. The more we see of them the more interesting they become.
"Having problems with the present? Find solace in the fact that some future generations will call these "the good ole' days." Shmu'el Ben Shalom

"If I wanted to argue about which imaginary friend is tougher, I'd just go to church" Jason of KC

Politically Incorrectile Dysfunction

#6 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 09:54 PM

Space battle. But it's not just the mind blowing effects, it's the intensity, the risk, the personal desperation.

you are exactly right...after all, I think they were in that nebula for nearly 1/2 the movie.

Posted Image

#7 Eris

Eris

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 04:53 AM

The Valdore warbirds got my vote. They look stunning! They look much more like a bird than the D'deridex did. :)

#8 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 12:39 PM

I went with Romulans. The more we see of them the more interesting they become.

Well, I'd have been voting right along side you Shlomi ~ only we hardly got to see any Romulans in Nemesis. <_<

Soo....I (obviously!) have to go with the one thing that Baird couldn't cut out of the movie ~ Tom Hardy's astonishingly compelling performance as a troubled, messed-up, boy king...IMO it was the one thing that made this movie stand out, otherwise it truly would have been the drivel many fans reported it to be.

#9 mightycaptain

mightycaptain

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 02:37 PM

Right, the Romulans really were only given barely more screen time than in previous films, and the Remans instead got the spotlight. Shinzon was compelling to watch but the Remans bored me. No one can say Nemesis was about the Romulans.

#10 Shlomi of Vulcan

Shlomi of Vulcan

Resident Vulcan Old-Fogey

• Members
  • 9,305 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 02:49 PM

Yes, but what intriqued me most is when the Romulans were on screen, they compelled me to watch with anticipation. They may not have been on there much, but let's face it, they have a striking cultural setting that many find fascinating -- and it may be simply because their lack of facetime, we find them such a striking force.

I can remember the day when the Klingons held that kind of fascination, but with all we have learned about them over the last 40 years, they have lost some of that luster that sparks one's imagination, whereas, the Romulans are still a relatively unknown quantity that hungers for further exploration. It is sort of like seeing a pinup girl naked or in a shimmering sexy dress with just a hint of thigh showing as she slowly turns. While the naked one certainly sparks interest, it is the other one that really raises the ole body temp. ;)
"Having problems with the present? Find solace in the fact that some future generations will call these "the good ole' days." Shmu'el Ben Shalom

"If I wanted to argue about which imaginary friend is tougher, I'd just go to church" Jason of KC

Politically Incorrectile Dysfunction

#11 mightycaptain

mightycaptain

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 02:58 PM

Well they were better than seeing another Klingon themed movie. The Klingons had their heyday with TOS and then the early films, and maybe, just maybe, early TNG. But overexposure ruins the mystery behind such a culture.

#12 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 05:02 PM

Well they were better than seeing another Klingon themed movie. The Klingons had their heyday with TOS and then the early films, and maybe, just maybe, early TNG. But overexposure ruins the mystery behind such a culture.

I agree with you on this one...while I find the Klingons fascinating and a very entertaining species, they have been so overdone, especially in the movies. The only thing I would have liked to see more of, or would like to see more of if possible, are the Klingons later on in Enterprise, learning to cope in the early years of their "new look"

Posted Image

#13 Radardog

Radardog

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 09:18 PM

I'm going to go with Wesley Crusher...

...wait, just kidding, though one could argue that Nemesis is the worst Star Trek film simply because it has this distinction.

Actually, I'd say my favorite part of the film is Patrick Stewart. The guy brings a lot of depth and emotion to what could have been a really awful film. He pretty much saves this from being a total trainwreck.
Captain, I am not a merry man! - Worf "Qpid"

#14 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 05:31 AM

^^^I liked Stewart's preformance too!

I seem to remember that he caught some flack by appearing to freeze right when he's pinned down by the weight of Shinzon's dead body before Data arrives in the nick of time, but actually I think I'd freeze with horror if I'd just seen a horribly disfigured version of myself pull himself along the point of a spear!

I think Tom Hardy was tremendously lucky to work with such a venerable actor who is a real master of his craft, and whose ego is not so great that he can allow a young, unknown actor have the space to do his thing. Stewart allowed Hardy to be central in every scene they played together, and Stewart's own nicely understated performance is arguably his best as Picard.

On the subject of the underdevelopment of the Romulans: I'd never thought of it that way, but I think Shlomi and Mighty Captain may be right that subjecting them to the same amount of over-exposure as the Klingons may ruin their sense of mystery. The Romulans are still pretty exotic and glamourous, maybe we should keep them that way ~ at least onscreen. ;)

#15 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:34 PM

I also loved stewarts performance. He is a great actor.

On the subject of the underdevelopment of the Romulans: I'd never thought of it that way, but I think Shlomi and Mighty Captain may be right that subjecting them to the same amount of over-exposure as the Klingons may ruin their sense of mystery. The Romulans are still pretty exotic and glamourous, maybe we should keep them that way ~ at least onscreen. ;)

You may have a point here.

#16 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 08:00 PM

I also liked Stewart's performance, and Tom Hardy's as well...both had some chemistry together and I think being clones worked well for them

...that picture of young Picard was a little much though...what a bald dork in uniform

Edited by dominion_ruler, 04 November 2006 - 08:02 PM.

Posted Image

#17 trek_dude

trek_dude

Time Traveling Counterist from the planet Gallifrey

• Members
  • 16,490 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 08:24 PM

for me it has got to be the Battle In The Nebula :clap:
League of the Non Alligned Sci Fi Club - join the real life chatroom.
www.LOTNA.org.uk

#18 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 08:30 PM

^Agreed! Welcome trek dude! We missed you.

#19 mightycaptain

mightycaptain

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 10:19 PM

Another WHO fan I see! Excellent!
I would just like to take out a moment to say I agree with Jules over the Romulan issue.
And that both Stewart and Hardy were superb in Nemesis and especially the scene where Shinzon forces Picard to watch as he impales himself.
Most chilling.

In this way, Nemesis was more like Trek of old with a sound adversary for the crew than, say, the somewhat disappointing Insurrection that came before it.

Edited by mightycaptain, 04 November 2006 - 10:20 PM.

#20 trek_dude

trek_dude

Time Traveling Counterist from the planet Gallifrey

• Members
  • 16,490 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 04:01 AM

^Agreed! Welcome trek dude! We missed you.

thanks ensign edwards :) , it is good to be back
League of the Non Alligned Sci Fi Club - join the real life chatroom.
www.LOTNA.org.uk

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users