what would you like to see in a movie?

35 replies to this topic

#1 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:18 PM

I was just wondering what everyone would like to see in a movie if it was up to them. This isn't related ST:XI or anything in reality really, it doesn't matter if it has a romulans chance in Sto'vokor of being made you just have to like it.

Tjose of you who know how little I like vulcans may find this surprising but I would like to see a movie set on vulcan in the time of the awakening, starting with Surak first beginning to preach logic and ending with the final battle with those under the raptors wings and Suraks death at mount Sela'a(sp?).

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Radardog

Radardog

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 05:04 PM

That would make for an interesting one-shot TV movie or television episode. I don't know that it would make for a successful film.

Personally, I would like to see (instead of a reboot) a recast TOS movie that takes off where TOS left off. Either that or a Captain Pike film.
Captain, I am not a merry man! - Worf "Qpid"

#3 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 12:55 PM

That would make for an interesting one-shot TV movie or television episode. I don't know that it would make for a successful film.

Like I said this isn't about what will be successful it is about what I want.

#4 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 11:05 AM

I love gaps to be filled, but I think these ideas would work better for a series or mini-series,

Something on the time between FC and ENT

Time period between TOS and TMP

Period of Eterprise B & C

Also a movie on the Eugenics Wars and Khan's rule on Earth

Posted Image

#5 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:09 PM

Also a movie on the Eugenics Wars and Khan's rule on Earth. I love gaps to be filled, but I think these ideas would work better for a series or mini-series,

That'd be cool, like I said this is about fun not likelyhood.

#6 Gidga

Gidga

Commander

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:38 PM

Something in between the time periods 2175 - 2250...more early Federation.
Posted Image

Wanna play? Official rules here

#7 marty

marty

Commodore

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 09:27 PM

After Nexus. Enterprise B. New crew, new captain.

#8 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 01:20 PM

That'd be cool, like I said this is about fun not likelyhood.

I know this topic is only for fun, but if a Eugenics Wars movie was made, it might be something that could save Trek and bring refreshing appeal - yes it is in reference to Trek, but no starships - it all takes place in the 1990's

Posted Image

#9 le_dartagnan

le_dartagnan

Commodore

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 02:54 PM

I love gaps to be filled, but I think these ideas would work better for a series or mini-series,

Something on the time between FC and ENT

Time period between TOS and TMP

Period of Eterprise B & C

Also a movie on the Eugenics Wars and Khan's rule on Earth

I like the idea of a mini series. There are indeed so many gabs, and so many things unexplored.
The idea of Star Fleet Academy could be used, but this would be as starting block where they learn about the history. Things could then be brought with flashbacks.

#10 JayTheTrekkie

JayTheTrekkie

Commodore

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 02:12 PM

I want to see the period around the Enterprise B days and also the Enterprise C days too.

A stargazer one would be nice too because of Picard

Posted Image

#11 Discodirect

Discodirect

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 08:36 PM

I'd like to see a one-off film where all our Star Trek favourites are featured in a story line that echoes partly the idea used in TNGs "All Good Things....", except that there is a cool twist at the end! (A 'twist' far better than what was used in Enterprise too!)

#12 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 11:12 AM

I'd like to see a one-off film where all our Star Trek favourites are featured in a story line that echoes partly the idea used in TNGs "All Good Things....", except that there is a cool twist at the end! (A 'twist' far better than what was used in Enterprise too!)

I'd be for that.

#13 CiCi

CiCi

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 770 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:52 PM

I know this topic is only for fun, but if a Eugenics Wars movie was made, it might be something that could save Trek and bring refreshing appeal - yes it is in reference to Trek, but no starships - it all takes place in the 1990's

Bingo! That is actually a good idea. The three books about the eugenics wars were well done in my opinion and would be excellent source material to base a movie on. :)

#14 Gummy

Gummy

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 02:40 AM

I would love to see a DS9 movie.
Posted Image

#15 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 02:17 PM

Bingo! That is actually a good idea. The three books about the eugenics wars were well done in my opinion and would be excellent source material to base a movie on. :)

Oh man the potential. This would take big screen Trek into a complete 360 degree turn, but I think Trekkies, and especially the general population would be in awe. Especially the general population, probably saying "Wow, this is related to Star Trek? I might have to just check this out"

Meanwhile, all Trekkies at once -

"KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!"

Posted Image

#16 CaptainJohn

CaptainJohn

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 11:47 PM

Here's a real crazy idea. How about a sequel?

#17 Section47

Section47

Ensign

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 06:04 AM

I very much doubt this would be commercially viable without a TV show to propell it, but I'd want a movie to be early 25th century, brand new crew, on the Enterprise-F.

I'd want a respected and strong leading man (or woman) in the Captain's role, surrounded by a cast who mix pop culture with genuine talent, all bringing certain quirks to the characters. Not too many aliens with odd names in the crew - a Starfleet ship crewed by humans and a couple from the two classic Trek races: Vulcans & Klingons.

And then I'd just want a rollicking story in the vein of TWOK - a mission of exploration seguing into a classic battle to save Earth or the Alpha Quadrant from a true megalomanical villain who could have a final scrap with the Captain while we get a big space-battle.

In other words, nothing too groundbreakingly original but something that just revels in adventure and the core of what Trek is about. Made well enough, it'd be all I needed.
Posted Image

MZP: Fiction never tasted so good!

#18 Discodirect

Discodirect

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:55 PM

Another idea...one of my favourite TOS episodes was 'The Doomsday Machine'. I'd like to see that story turned into a feature film. :)

#19 Johannessen

Johannessen

4th Year Cadet

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:12 PM

To be honest, I'm not to keen on the "reboot" of Star Trek that's coming out. I would have loved to see the TNG crew continue for a couple more movies at least.

So if I had the chance, it'd go something like this:

Geordi fixes Data. (B4) The Federation and the Romulans are now on good terms, not by choice, but by force. There's a new threat to the existance of the quadrant. (Exactly what, I don't know.) But the movie should be dark, it should take us Trekkies to a whole new level of Star Trek movies. More dark, sinister, you can feel hate ooz out from the new threat. Ton of ship battles, some hand to hand battles etc. Maybe throw in a new ship or something. :)

I'm no writer, and it shows. But I desperately want to see the TNG crew back together!
Lover of all things Trek!

#20 Sareth

Sareth

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:17 AM

quote ensign edwards: "Tjose of you who know how little I like vulcans may find this surprising but I would like to see a movie set on vulcan in the time of the awakening, starting with Surak first beginning to preach logic and ending with the final battle with those under the raptors wings and Suraks death at mount Sela'a(sp?)."

@ (Mount Seleya :D) well, think also. we have two different novel-series, the rihannsu - books, and the vulcans - soul - books, but they are quite different with the stuff. more logical, I think, is the rapprochement in the rihannsu novels, because in vulcans soul there were the reasonable, logic people who went out into space and more or less it is not explained why they turned out into the ones we see in the last book. But, this aside...

Yes, I would like to see a series/movie with the exodus-theme, and connected with a time-travel thing. Perhaps similar to the STAR TREK XI plot, where romulans (or section 31-agents) travel back in time to change something on vulcan. Or to find something very important there. Could make a good plot, if one makes the setting in the future with an romulan-federation alliance and a separatist movement trying to destroy it all. And a rescue team, could be Enterprise F or so, must try to set things right, in their present and their past.
Sareth
Visit Romulan Legacy
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users