Photo

Rate "Miri" (New CGI Version)

11 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate "Miri" (New CGI Version) (12 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you rate this TOS episode with the new CGI?

1. A. (7 votes [58.33%])

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

2. B. (4 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. C. (1 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

4. D. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. E. (0 votes [0.00%])

6. F. (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 NX014Ever

NX014Ever

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:12 PM

How would you rate the Star Trek: TOS episode "Miri" with the new CGI effects?
Use the spoiler code when necessary:

Spoiler

Episode Info: http://www.tv.com/st...93/summary.html
"There's one thing you never put in a trap if your smart. If you have any plans of seeing tomorrow there's one thing you never, ever, put in a trap...Me!" - The (11th) Doctor. [/center][/size]

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:49 PM

Again, as I said for "Balance of Terror", I really can't vote for the episode itself, just the new FX, which is the reason I was watching the new episodes.

The FX get an "A" from me. The Earth looks really good. Maybe it doesn't look totally real, but it is a whole lot better than the original version. The movement of the ship looked more realistic in this episode.

It looked to me like the "transporting" effect didn't change. And I'm okay with that. That was fine the way it was.

So, it's an "A".
Posted Image
Leverage -- Season 5 on DVD Coming September 17th

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#3 ticktrek

ticktrek

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 07:56 PM

I was amazed how much better the new version looked. I have Directv and a nice LCD television and this new version captivated me. The scenes were bright and sharp and the newly added graphics, like the Earth on the viewscreen looked more like the shots we have seen from the space shuttle than what was originally in the episode. The effects didn't jump out at you, but were very subtle. I was quite pleased with what I saw.

I was going to watch the other episode, Balance of Terror, but a gigantic thunder storm came and the power went off. The storm was huge...over 3 inches of rain fell here, and over 5 inches a few miles down the road.
Connorseurs do it with Cuteness
"Let's make sure history never forgets the name: Enterprise."
-- Captain Jean-Luc Picard , TNG 163

Posted Image

#4 scifib5st

scifib5st

Ensign

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:37 AM

:bowdown:

Ok, I know this is a little off subject but... you did mention DirectTV. Do you have the HD reciver? Have you watched Enterprise on HD Net? I have watched the first two episodes.... They did use a HD cammera in the 4th year. The first year still looks good.

#5 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:44 AM

:bowdown:

Ok, I know this is a little off subject but... you did mention DirectTV. Do you have the HD reciver? Have you watched Enterprise on HD Net? I have watched the first two episodes.... They did use a HD cammera in the 4th year. The first year still looks good.

They used a digital HD camera in S4, but the first 3 seasons were still mastered in HD (even though they weren't initially broadcast as such). It is possible that HDNet got their hands on the HD versions of Enterprise S1-S3, though I have no way of knowing (I have cable).

Oh well, I'll probably get the whole set when they come out on HDDVD or BD. And the remastered TOS (brings thread back on topic).

Posted Image

#6 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

The Amateur Internet Radio DJ

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:51 PM

i watched the original version of Miri the other day, tried to imagine what i'll see when the remastered version comes to Australia from the pictures that i've seen

#7 NX014Ever

NX014Ever

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 03:29 PM

This episode repeats this weekend. So if you missed it the first time, here's your chance to see it again.Posted Image
"There's one thing you never put in a trap if your smart. If you have any plans of seeing tomorrow there's one thing you never, ever, put in a trap...Me!" - The (11th) Doctor. [/center][/size]

#8 Maco Captain

Maco Captain

Commodore

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:33 AM

I gave it a "B". The Earth was touched up and that was fine, the episode has always been one of my faves.

#9 CharlieTucker

CharlieTucker

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:57 PM

I would give A for both! :)
Let's Roll

#10 Jamjumetley

Jamjumetley

Crewman 2nd Class

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 07:25 PM

The episode would have been batter if somebody answered what happened that there's another planet Earth in the universe...

#11 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:17 AM

I love it! So i voted A.

#12 Greystone

Greystone

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:19 PM

I love this story, why I'm not sure, but I do and always have. 'N0 blah blah blah'!!

Edited by Greystone, 14 November 2011 - 06:21 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users