Photo

Whats the status of the Fan Film Awards proposal?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

The Amateur Internet Radio DJ

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 12:30 AM

Whats going on with the long talked about idea of the fan films awards, all the chatter was in a thread around here someplace but it seemed to vanished i got a feeling it was in the thread that got moved away from here

Are we still interested in putting the idea into reality?

I think we should still investigate the Fan Film Awards because of the fun nature it implied for example everybody in it could be a winner and not have it like the Oscars when one film walks off with a large slice of the awards and the rest come away empty handed

I've also had a thought that down the track maybe we could actually do an amateur Sci-Fi film awards like you know original films done at home on standard cameras and very limited material.........help build up Science Fiction and have fun at the same time, just a very small thought at the moment while filling in some time

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:37 AM

Not sure what happened to that thread, AT. It was a good idea and I still think it would be worth doing but it would be a major project to put it all together. It would need someone with extensive editting experience to pull it off.

Kirok

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#3 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 05:27 AM

We're used to hard projects but it probably be a super hard one that would dog even the best in the world but i can just imagine it working

The hardest thing would be how on Earth can people vote fairly, it might have to take a few dozen threads of polls but it can be achievable but then again everybody would know who comes where so it has to be some sort of a secret ballot

#4 JusticeCEO

JusticeCEO

Ensign

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:23 AM

It would need someone with extensive editting experience to pull it off.

It may be my paranoia taking over, but why do I have the feeling that you're refering to me? ;)

- Gene
Eugene R. Hendricks
as
Lt. Cmdr. Robert Lupia
Chief Engineer
USS Justice (NCC-556)
Posted Image

#5 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:14 AM

Hey all,

Trekzone is back from the twilight zone.

I am happy to help out.

I'm thinking that if we made it big enough, and had businesses recognise the signifigance of this, we could have a world wide voting panel (of everyone on TU & SciFi Studios, it'd be a recruitment drive as well - as you'd have to be a member to vote) that would decide the awards.

We could then film it either here in Perth, or over east - wherever, edit it and send it to the States, air it here in Oz and stream it on the web. DVD sales etc...

I would be happy to produce, edit and host this awards night, featuring science fiction and fantasy short films, films, documentaries, fan films, parodies etc...

EDIT - Just speaking with Kirok re: my idea. I understand it is a "faux" night, but still why not? Make it gala, give it hype, get scifi promotion it deserves, if we make a big enough noise, commercial stations WILL take an interest and say - "oh, there are people out there!"

Are we interested in this idea, you can refine it, edit it and send me back to the set of Cast Away if you like...

#6 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 09:25 PM

How many nominations should there be per catagory, i reckon all should be eligable like there is 20 or more groups so all them are open and then when the votes close we tally the votes and while filming the awards cut it down to the top five (like the Oscars) then we announce the winner

Somehow we got to make it a secret ballot, polls here always seem to have the totals and pecentage of votes visible and we can't have that i for one if i had a production wouldn't want to see say NV get 1000 votes and mine only get 12 or so it would be very disheartening even though this is for fun you would want to make a contest out of the fun

#7 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 11:14 PM

Well it's been many months but after looking at all thats in the TU:AUS Inventory this idea is one that keeps popping up as something useful to try move along.

Then again we did think of making our own fan film montage after the failure of our previous effort after it got a point and gone no further

Anyhow current plan i have is do a multi catagory sub thread whether people can log in their preference like best fan film and character, special effects etc and then we tally them up and make a presentation of some form

Also we not only stop at film entries but go into written stories and audio as well, so this can be Trekunited's version of the Oscars with the Grammy's as well as the writing prize all into one

I'll think of more after i snack

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users