Photo

Favorite Stargate Series?

17 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite Stargate Series? (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Which live-action Stargate series is currently your favorite?

1. Stargate SG-1 (8 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

2. Stargate Atlantis (10 votes [38.46%])

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

3. I like both the same. (8 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

4. I don't like Stargate. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 06:37 PM

Which live-action Stargate series is currently your favorite? (This poll does not include Stargate Infinity.)
Posted Image
Leverage -- Season 5 on DVD Coming September 17th

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 09:05 AM

Currently I like both shows. In fact, they're my two most favorite shows.
Posted Image

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#3 Borg Queen

Borg Queen

Commodore

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 04:59 PM

i have to say i like both of them equally. SGA has live up to my expectations. my heart big enough for the both of them.
AWC-WARRIOR
Never give up. Never surrender.
Posted Image
(\_/)
(0.0)
(> <)
O__O

#4 Maco Captain

Maco Captain

Commodore

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:09 PM

I like both, but my preference is for Stargate -Atlantis mainly because i like the stories and the acting better on that show.

#5 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 01:26 AM

I like them both equally right now. Only b/c SG:1 has so many more seasons under it's belt. SG:A will probably win out with just another season or so.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#6 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:33 AM

I just started watching SG:A on DVD... I like it a lot, but I still think SG:1 is better. Mostly because it has 100% more Colonel O'Neill :P
Have you reckon'd a thousand acres much? have you reckon'd the
earth much? Have you practis'd so long to learn to read?
Have you felt so proud to get at the meaning of poems?
Stop this day and night with me and you shall possess the origin of
all poems...

#7 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 01:07 AM

I just started watching SG:A on DVD... I like it a lot, but I still think SG:1 is better. Mostly because it has 100% more Colonel O'Neill :P

In the first season yes, but he does appear in a few episodes of later seasons, so it isn't 100%. :P

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#8 The Star Treker

The Star Treker

Commander

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:30 PM

Same here because Richard Dean Anderson and I think he was a better Jack O'Neil than Kurt Russell was. I do like the movie too but the series just had a better cast though. Well, I used to watch MacGyver, so I love Richard Dean Anderson. That is how I got into SG-1 in the first place. I really started watching Atlantis this season since Samantha Carter now stars on there and now lead the Atlantis team but I wish Jack O'Neil could lead their team instead because I miss the guy a lot. To be honest, I miss the whole SG-1 team though. At least I get to see Samantha Carter again. In a way, Jack O'Neil is like James T. Kirk to me. SG-1 really reminded me a lot of Star Trek including Atlantis since I missed Star Trek a lot and my latest favorite Star Trek series got cancel, Star Trek Enterprise. :)

#9 Starsearcher

Starsearcher

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:34 PM

I voted for both. I think at the moment Atlantis is my favorite, but I saw all SG 1 episodes and I liked most of them.

#10 Lt. Mill

Lt. Mill

Ensign

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:39 PM

I like both shows. Right now they show us SG-1 and it's my personal goal not to miss any seria. So pitty Daniel has to die, but it made me take a fresh glance on "after-life".
We create the history every lightyear.
UESPA.RU Welcome aboard!

#11 YuZe

YuZe

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 471 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:11 AM

Hard choice to make, these two are great shows. But my vote goes for Atlantis, cuz the story of the beggining was great, the first 2 seasons are the best from all shows that i have seen.

#12 Madelon

Madelon

Commander of Starfleet

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:05 AM

Hard choice to make, these two are great shows. But my vote goes for Atlantis, cuz the story of the beggining was great, the first 2 seasons are the best from all shows that i have seen.

I couldn't agree more!.

#13 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,446 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 06:24 AM

I like SG-1 better. I miss Colonel O'Neill but SG-1 is better than Atlantis. I have watched and enjoyed Atlantis episodes but it's not quite as good as SG-1.
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#14 wildcard1377

wildcard1377

Version 3.1

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:07 AM

Voted SG-1. I LOVED SGA the first two seasons or so...but [color=#ff0011;background:#ff0011]when they killed off Carson and made Weir leave I really started to dislike it. It's to the point now where I don't really care if I watch it or not[/color] :(

Posted Image

#15 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 10:34 AM

I didn't vote in the poll because I'm still very new to both shows and I have a lot of catching up to do, so my opinion might change, but right now, I like SG-1 better. It seems to be less episodic and more arc-based, which I like, I find the cast to be better, and it has the Ori, so that gains them big points. The Ori are currently my favourite part of the SG universe.

#16 Hamilton

Hamilton

Commodore

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:42 AM

I had to go with SG-1. Don't get me wrong, I like Atlantis as well, but... I've got to agree with Wildcard when it comes to SGA after season 3, though I did love season 4. This season... I'm not so crazy about. Not sure why, it just feels like this season's missing something, though most of the episodes are good.

Now, SG-1 on the other hand... I loved it! The team chemistry was good, they have Jackson and Carter and Teal'c... :) Awesome villians in Apophis, Anubis, Baal and Adria... and a good set of recurring characters, though that's a trait both shows share.

#17 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:55 AM

I've got to agree with Wildcard when it comes to SGA after season 3, though I did love season 4. This season... I'm not so crazy about. Not sure why, it just feels like this season's missing something, though most of the episodes are good.

I think Season 4 is the worst of the seasons. It had way too many mediocre episodes. So far, Season 5 has only had one, so I think its track record is going pretty good so far, since half the season is already over.

Edited by Kyle Nin, 29 September 2008 - 09:55 AM.

Posted Image

#18 wildcard1377

wildcard1377

Version 3.1

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:29 PM

^Its' also the last season technically so they've got to set up for the direct-to-dvd stuff well.

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users