In Memorium, ww2medic

62 replies to this topic

#41 rhs

rhs

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:02 AM

Our thoughts are with you Rakulp, hope all goes well tomorrow. We look forward to seeing you here soon. Peace to all!
I declare the cuteness of Connor & Dominic!

Certified Connorsseur Chief Instigator. Trip's Not Dead!

#42 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:12 PM

Hope all is well with you and yours, SoD. May your dad's spirit guide you to some nice little corner of Italia where your family can find joy in each other's company.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#43 wildcard1377

wildcard1377

Version 3.1

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:05 PM

S o D, I hope you and your family are doing well, I know the first anniversary can be mentally and emotionally trying.

Posted Image

#44 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:30 PM

S o D, its so hard to believe a year has raced by so quickly. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you remember your Dad. The wisdom he shared with us is greatly missed.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#45 aklaus

aklaus

Overanalyzinator ~~ Countdown Dumpster Diver

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 36,757 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:42 PM

Best wishes, SoD and Rakulp.

I sometimes read old threads and stumble across Doc's posts. Some of the most worthwhile reading I've seen lately, for sure.

#46 Son of Doc

Son of Doc

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:46 AM

Greetings,

Son of Doc, if it's any comfort at all to you and your family, there have been many times in the past year that I have thought about and remembered your father's wisdom and compassion and great understanding of all things human.

Especially recently, as I have been battling cancer for the last two months, and will be facing major surgery tomorrow. While the prognosis is good, any time you hear the "C" word, it usually makes you take a look at your life and what you have made of it to this point. It is in that retrospective that I have remembered your father.

It's hard to form that kind of bond with an online entity that you never spoke to or met face to face...but he was rare, as you have pointed out.

Go with God's grace!

Rakulp
"Honor Above All"

Rakulp, It saddens me to hear of your illness, but rest assured that if praying to any Deity can make a difference, you'll have the best efforts we can manage. Remember, it is not how terrible a tragedy is that is important, but how we face it that determines how human we truly are. Please keep us all informed. I'm quite sure that my dad would NOT like you to see him any time soon......

SOD

Other kids' games are all such a bore!
They've gotta have rules and they gotta keep score!
Calvinball is better by far!
It's never the same! It's always bizarre!
You don't need a team or a referee!
You know that it's great, 'cause it's named after me!"
—The Calvinball theme song

#47 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,337 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:17 AM

So this month my avatar is in rememberance of DOC.
Just my way of not letting go.
"Tell me and I'll forget, Show me and I might remember, Involve me and I'll understand"
Posted Image . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Posted Image
"I believe in humanity. We are an incredible species. We're still just a child creature, we're still being nasty to each other, all children go through those phases. We're growing up, we're moving into adolescence now. When we grow up,man,we're going to be something!"Gene Roddenberry 9/4/85

#48 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:41 AM

Remember, it is not how terrible a tragedy is that is important, but how we face it that determines how human we truly are.

Seem to have picked up some of your father's wisdom there.

#49 Son of Doc

Son of Doc

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:06 PM

Seem to have picked up some of your father's wisdom there.

I hope so, it would have been a shame if I didn't!

So this month my avatar is in rememberance of DOC.
Just my way of not letting go.

You know, that cat reminds me of someone.....It'll come to me......

Other kids' games are all such a bore!
They've gotta have rules and they gotta keep score!
Calvinball is better by far!
It's never the same! It's always bizarre!
You don't need a team or a referee!
You know that it's great, 'cause it's named after me!"
—The Calvinball theme song

#50 NX014Ever

NX014Ever

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:11 PM

Wow. I missed this the first time around last year for some reason. Only talked to him a couple of times. I am just...wow...I am sorry to hear this news. :(
"There's one thing you never put in a trap if your smart. If you have any plans of seeing tomorrow there's one thing you never, ever, put in a trap...Me!" - The (11th) Doctor. [/center][/size]

#51 Star_Geek

Star_Geek

Commodore

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 04:37 PM

Hi SOD. You probably don't remember me, but I was an online friend of your father's...we bonded over the WWII rememberences I would post on this site for D-Day every year (I had two uncles who were veterens of this war and meant a lot to me). Your father's passing really touched me even though I never knew him in real-life. I loved his wisdom and his eloquence with words. I also loved his take on science and religion and will never forget him introducing me/us to the great FSM. It was such an awesome concept and he used it to cleverly convey his thoughts on the subject. I don't come on this site anymore or think often of the users here, but when I saw the following article on MSNBC today, it immediately brought-back pleasant memories of your father and his wisdom, and kindess. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21837499/

Just thought I'd share that with you.
Posted Image
Go Bears!
(or is it Beers?)

#52 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:30 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#53 aklaus

aklaus

Overanalyzinator ~~ Countdown Dumpster Diver

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 36,757 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:58 AM

When I see this thread, I have the impulse to say something, born of being pretty sure that I, that we, haven't said enough. But then I think, what else is there to say? Somehow, we have the idea that by our words we can "honor" someone, but when someone who would really deserve it comes along, we realize that we can't. They have brought honor to themselves by their actions, beyond our ability to add to it by words. All we can do is thank God, or Doc might prefer that we thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster, for the privilege of being placed along the path that these people walk through this world, and take their example the best we can.

Here's hoping this gets "forwarded": Thank you for your service and your example, Doc.

#54 kalan

kalan

Ensign

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 12:10 PM

May peace be with you. Thank you for everything you have stood for in your life. I respect you very much for the man you were. Thank you.

#55 LLAP-TERRELL

LLAP-TERRELL

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 09:53 PM

We (all) should honor those that served (and even died) to protect liberty, freedom, and the America ideal... I honor DOC, too!!! :thumbup:

LLAP, TERRELL B)

Edited by LLAP-TERRELL, 31 May 2008 - 09:53 PM.

LLAP (Live Long And Prosper) and NEVER give up!
Failure is... NOT an option, here!

"When one loses faith, and gives up hopes of trying to succeed; one LOSES, and gives up ALL hopes of succeeding!!!" - Terrell (himself)

Posted Image"> - SIGGY BANNER

<a target="_BLANK" href="

#56 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,337 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:27 PM

cats.
"Tell me and I'll forget, Show me and I might remember, Involve me and I'll understand"
Posted Image . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Posted Image
"I believe in humanity. We are an incredible species. We're still just a child creature, we're still being nasty to each other, all children go through those phases. We're growing up, we're moving into adolescence now. When we grow up,man,we're going to be something!"Gene Roddenberry 9/4/85

#57 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,337 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:30 PM

Wow an other year is gone. We all move on.
As doc liked the red kitten
Posted Image

#58 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,337 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:47 PM

Posted Image

#59 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:28 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#60 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,337 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:34 AM

Posted Image
time goes by way to fast ..

Edited by mlaz, 10 June 2009 - 03:35 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users