9 replies to this topic

#1 valen_gr

valen_gr

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 12:01 PM

Having lived my entire life in greece, once thing is obvious :

TV networks dont give a shit about viewers.
I dont remember a SINGLE foreign series which was aired from start to finnish.
Shows were always tossed out before the last seasons.

I remember watching DS9 twice from season 1 to season 4 and then nothing more, it got shut off.

By the looks of it, only on Sat TV are things going to change (The likes of Friends, Alias etc are all being aired with puntuality)

Plus, Free to air TV always messes up the episode sequences, airs repeats by accident etc.

Despite all that, i would love to watch whatever TNG episodes i could see (again, no final seasons )

and whatever DS9 episodes.

Sadly, voyager has never aired in greece. At least on none of the major networks.
First thing i did when i got to the UK was spend 2 months watching the DVD's from a friend from the Sci-Fi society here at uni :P

But, nice to see that NET is showing enterprise now :)

I have often wondered what kind of appeal Trek has in greece, since Sci - Fi never really was big on TV.

I hope NET continues to air the following seasons also!

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 gjavolot

gjavolot

Deputy Director

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:39 AM

We have the same problem here in Macedonia... DS9 had never been showed, TNG only 4 seasons, and now The Enterprise all 4 seasons....
Nothing more...
live long and prosper...

#3 ACMILAN

ACMILAN

Petty Officer 1st Class

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 04:58 AM

And Voyager was showed once about 7 years ago. But I don't remember if they showed all of it...
Hey when did they showed TNG? I don't recall it.

#4 aussie trek mom

aussie trek mom

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 07:03 AM

Lived in Greece for a while when i was younger... i remember television was very messed up and people would get upset... its a shame

#5 Capt.Vertigo

Capt.Vertigo

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 09:02 AM

And Voyager was showed once about 7 years ago. But I don't remember if they showed all of it...
Hey when did they showed TNG? I don't recall it.

They showed TNG in the early '90, you was very little child and that's the reason you don't recall it!
:P :lol: :D
TNG aired on Macedonian National Television first, on night programme.
Beware the alien, the mutant, the heretic.
Walk softly and carry a big gun.

We must become the change we want to see in the world

http://www.maktrek.org.mk/

#6 Ckalja

Ckalja

Commodore

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 05:24 AM

Yeah, TNG aired, but the important part was that it didn't go with all the seasons, but was cut and messed up. And then, they aired TNG again on one private TV i can't recall but it was somwhere in between '94 and '96, but guess what? It was not the whole serial again!!

Real shame.

-Macedonian Star Trek Fan Club - MakTrek-

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#7 Rogi

Rogi

Commodore

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 07:59 AM

As Ckalja said the thing is that even if they show the series they are all messed up.

For an example TNG was my first contact wiht STAR TREK and I still haven't watched the whole series. :( :( :(

I just have to hope that this will be fixed in the future. But as histiry has thought us the final result will probably be :vomit: :vomit: :vomit:

See ya

\\//

#8 kostas261

kostas261

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 08:06 AM

About the use of...."Macedonia"????? Do you live in Greece?Because that's the ONLY Macedonia that EVER EXISTED!!!!!!!

#9 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 06:00 PM

Please, let's not get into any sort of nationalist debates. Macedonia is the accepted international name of the Republic of Macedonia, located immediately north of Greece and between Albania and Bulgaria. They've been a member of the United Nations since 1993, and have been recognized as an independent nation from the former Yugoslavia since September 8, 1991.

Greece, otherwise known as the Hellenic Republic, is a seperate nation that is not easily confused with Macedonia. Let's move on, shall we, and in the future not drag up old topics merely for the purpose of posting intentionally inflammatory posts.

Thank you.

Posted Image

#10 Capt.Vertigo

Capt.Vertigo

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:42 AM

About the use of...."Macedonia"????? Do you live in Greece?Because that's the ONLY Macedonia that EVER EXISTED!!!!!!!

I live in Macedonia, Greece is a small country south of us, where did u get all that silly informations, from Delta Quadrant maybe?!

Please, let's not get into any sort of nationalist debates. Macedonia is the accepted international name of the Republic of Macedonia, located immediately north of Greece and between Albania and Bulgaria. They've been a member of the United Nations since 1993, and have been recognized as an independent nation from the former Yugoslavia since September 8, 1991.

Greece, otherwise known as the Hellenic Republic, is a seperate nation that is not easily confused with Macedonia. Let's move on, shall we, and in the future not drag up old topics merely for the purpose of posting intentionally inflammatory posts.

Thank you.

That's right, thank you too..
Beware the alien, the mutant, the heretic.
Walk softly and carry a big gun.

We must become the change we want to see in the world

http://www.maktrek.org.mk/

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users