Star Trek : Aurora

16 replies to this topic

#1 Todd

Todd

TrekUnited Alumni

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 02:59 PM

Wow, I was reading on the TU Homepage about Star Trek : Aurora, a new animated Star Trek Fan Film. This looks realy promising. I was truly entrigued during the whole Part 1.

If you want to check this out here is the link:

http://www.auroratrek.com/

Looking forward to the futher installments. :D
Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 le_dartagnan

le_dartagnan

Commodore

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 05:06 PM

It's simply great, more than just promising. This looks very professional.

When I went to their site, downloaded the first part, not expecting much, to my great amazement this
was well done. Am looking forward to the rest of it !!!

#3 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 06:59 PM

I agree, there is an exceptional, professional quality to this production, definitely looking forward to the next acts.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#4 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

The Amateur Internet Radio DJ

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:55 AM

I watched it yesterday afternoon and it is one of the most amazing animation films i have ever seen..........i think the creators are going to find themselves with alot of fans by the time the week is out

#5 Rakulp

Rakulp

Commodore

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 09:22 AM

Greetings,

I'll have to say I thoroughly enjoyed this film/animation. Although I question the logic of a ship with only two crew members, especially at that time in history, the story itself captured me and held my attention quite nicely.

Looking forward to future episodes!

Rakulp

"Honor Above All"

#6 Borg Queen

Borg Queen

Commodore

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 06:10 PM

i thought it was great really good animation can't wait for next episode
AWC-WARRIOR
Never give up. Never surrender.
Posted Image
(\_/)
(0.0)
(> <)
O__O

#7 Wowbagger

Wowbagger

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 07:30 PM

Though I question how well the plot will hold together, I was quite surprised by the high-quality animation. That was really a pleasure to watch--which can not be said of, say, Hidden Frontier.
Wowbagger: The Once and Future Prophet of Almighty Tim
"Make as much noise as possible!" --Manny Coto. Ah, good times. Does anyone remember Al Vinci?
Listen to the Star Trek: Excelsior audio radio drama extravaganza! www.starshipexcelsior.com!
...because not enough people have used the word "extravaganza" in advertising since the 1890's. I'm bringing extravaganza back.

#8 Commander Shran

Commander Shran

Ensign

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 01:57 PM

I really enjoyed AURORA, :clap: the animation is great and it is an interesting twist..... we have heard about merchant freighters (Harry Mudd, Cyrano Jones etc...) I am looking forward to the next chapters. :clap:

I would love to see a fifth season of ENTERPRISE done this way since its unlikely at this point that it will return :(

This is probably the best fan film I have seen since NEW VOYAGES.... the others like HIDDEN FRONTIER I find totally unwatchable....has anyone really noticed how AWFUL the uniforms look in HIDDEN FRONTIER?
I give them credit but............
THE PROBLEM WITH REALITY IS THAT IT DOES NOT LIVE UP TO MY BEST FANTASIES.

#9 Wowbagger

Wowbagger

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 07:37 PM

HIDDEN FRONTIER I find totally unwatchable....has anyone really noticed how AWFUL the uniforms look in HIDDEN FRONTIER?
I give them credit but............

Might I recommend Starship Exeter for its high quality (especially its never-ending "Tressaurian Insurrection") and The Section 31 Files at DarkerProjects.com for its very high-quality radio programs, which totally avoid the problems of poor costuming and set design? And, of course, I'll be tuning into Aurora Part II.
Wowbagger: The Once and Future Prophet of Almighty Tim
"Make as much noise as possible!" --Manny Coto. Ah, good times. Does anyone remember Al Vinci?
Listen to the Star Trek: Excelsior audio radio drama extravaganza! www.starshipexcelsior.com!
...because not enough people have used the word "extravaganza" in advertising since the 1890's. I'm bringing extravaganza back.

#10 le_dartagnan

le_dartagnan

Commodore

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 03:56 PM

Might I recommend Starship Exeter for its high quality (especially its never-ending "Tressaurian Insurrection") and The Section 31 Files at DarkerProjects.com for its very high-quality radio programs, which totally avoid the problems of poor costuming and set design? And, of course, I'll be tuning into Aurora Part II.

I have to admit ST Exeter "Tressaurian Insurrection" looks very good, at least it's loads better than their first episode made. Am impatiently awaiting the rest of the episode :blink:

#11 ESHbyESH

ESHbyESH

Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 12:28 PM

Here here!
Yes, Aurora was super awesome.
I wonder if the creator would like to do a video version of The Section 31 Files to accompany the existing audio?

[RUMOR_MILL_ACTIVATE]

#12 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

The Amateur Internet Radio DJ

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 06:34 PM

I can't remember where but a preview for Part 2 of Aurora was floating around, it was pretty impressive

#13 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 09:32 PM

Looks like part 2 has been available for a while, HERE it is on Auroras home page.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#14 L.T. James Leeper

L.T. James Leeper

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 05:23 PM

This ROCKED! Does anyone know when Part 3 comes out? :)

James Leeper
Posted Image

A New Century, A New Beginning, A New Frontier...

#15 Aric

Aric

Ensign

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:05 AM

Just watched the first part. Awesome! The banter between the Captain and the Vulcan were handled very well, perfect mix of unintentional snotty and annoying by the Vulcan. [color=#ff0011;background:#ff0011]When the Romulan ship rolled by in full silhouette - chills.[/color] Very nice use of sound throughout.

Posted Image

#16 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:57 AM

I'm with you! This was great!

#17 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 05:32 AM

Aurora is an example of what you get when you mix great animation and good writing! I like the throwaway details, like the Andorian and the drunk guy walking away from the bar. A great mix of subtle humour and horror.

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users