Eureka

55 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 09:53 AM

Did anyone watch Eureka on the Sci-Fi Channel yesterday? If you did, what did you think?
Posted Image
Leverage -- Season 5 on DVD Coming September 17th

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 06:53 PM

I missed the begining due to staff meeting but caught the last hour, I liked it alot and look forward to next weeks episode. Hopefully it will get some decent ratings and a chance to develop.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#3 Shlomi of Vulcan

Shlomi of Vulcan

Resident Vulcan Old-Fogey

• Members
  • 9,305 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 10:47 PM

Got it DVR'd will let you know after this weekend when I may finally get some time to watch it.
"Having problems with the present? Find solace in the fact that some future generations will call these "the good ole' days." Shmu'el Ben Shalom

"If I wanted to argue about which imaginary friend is tougher, I'd just go to church" Jason of KC

Politically Incorrectile Dysfunction

#4 christrekkie

christrekkie

Trek to Troops Coordinator

• Members
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:01 AM

The Story line is great Secret Town with a bunch of Mad Sciencetist running around inventing what ever they want. Its pretty cool. Not to spoil it for anyone else but I love the line "So this is like Area 51?" "No Area 51 only wishes it had our kind of Security" well I may have burchered the quotes up but you all get the idea. LOL I was watching for the Military on there to see how they burcher them up cause sometimes in TV shows and movies they really mess up on the military personal in them. Well the Grunts where alright but the Heavy set Colonel? well they should have picked someone eles to play the Colonel how many officers do you see with a Weight problem? LOL Maybe a few but a Marine Colonel you willn't see heavy weight? LOL

At least I never seen one. :) Other then that I give it a Christrekkie a 4 and a half stars out of 5 :)
Christopher Mulroonye
Founder/President
Trek to the Troops

US Army Veteran
www.trektothetroops.org
www.christophermulrooney.com

#5 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:00 AM

It wasn't quite as corny as the ads made it out to be. And there seems to be quite a few familiar faces. I may watch it again.
Posted Image

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#6 lwallace2

lwallace2

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 11:07 AM

I liked it a lot! Can't wait to watch more...

#7 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 08:03 PM

This series is IMHO brilliantly quirky and clever. I hope to se this one stick around a few seasons. What do you think?
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#8 Rhett Coates

Rhett Coates

Commodore

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 08:20 PM

This series is IMHO brilliantly quirky and clever. I hope to se this one stick around a few seasons. What do you think?

Just finished watching it, and WOW, that's one weird scenario. Is this Eureka, CALIFORNIA? Or is that just the code name for the secret government project? Hmmm....... SPIES stealing secret info, and whole families caught up in the mayhem. Lots of comedy as well. This one's a keeper. Let's hope it stays at least as long as did ST:Enterprise, and LONGER than Surface! (I liked BOTH of those shows, too, and am upset they were both cancelled before their time.)

EUREKA -- we've done it! (LOL) We've found yet another FUN show that may keep everyone guessing as to what's really going on.
~~~ Regarding the woman EVE, in TOS episode "Mudd's Women" ~~~

KIRK: "There's only one kind of woman--"
HARRY MUDD: "--or man, for that matter--"
KIRK: "--You either believe in yourself, or you don't."

(Truer Star Trek words were never spoken.)

"Good words. That's where ideas begin." --David Marcus, in ST2:TWOK)

A quote spoken by Tom Hanks, portraying the Train conductor, near the end of the film The Polar Express, describes the secret to a fulfilled life in a nutshell: "One thing about trains: it doesn't really matter where they're going; what matters is deciding to get on." (Now, if more people lived by that adage, Gene Roddenberry's vision might come about a lot faster! -- RC)

Posted Image

#9 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 10:11 PM

There's already a forum thread for this:

http://www.trekunite...showtopic=11534
Posted Image

#10 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 10:34 PM

There's already a forum thread for this:

http://www.trekunite...showtopic=11534

*presto-magico-mergo*
And now there is one.

Posted Image

#11 Shlomi of Vulcan

Shlomi of Vulcan

• Members
  • 9,305 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 11:47 PM

Finally got around to watching it tonight and I liked it. It has potential, especially with Joe Morton and Matt Frewer in the cast.
"Having problems with the present? Find solace in the fact that some future generations will call these "the good ole' days." Shmu'el Ben Shalom

"If I wanted to argue about which imaginary friend is tougher, I'd just go to church" Jason of KC

#12 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 10:30 AM

Rewatched last night in its entirety. Seeing so many recognizable actors makes it more enjoyable and hopefully will help make it a long term series.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#13 ticktrek

ticktrek

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 12:47 AM

it's enjoyable. I'm so glad that USA and Sci-fi are showing new things in the summer.
Connorseurs do it with Cuteness
"Let's make sure history never forgets the name: Enterprise."
-- Captain Jean-Luc Picard , TNG 163

Posted Image

#14 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 11:46 AM

I haven't heard anyone talking about this show for a few weeks. Is anyone still watching it? And if so, how are you liking it?
Posted Image

#15 aklaus

aklaus

Overanalyzinator ~~ Countdown Dumpster Diver

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 36,757 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 12:25 PM

I keep being too busy to check listings at the right times :wallbash:

#16 lwallace2

lwallace2

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 01:16 PM

I haven't heard anyone talking about this show for a few weeks. Is anyone still watching it? And if so, how are you liking it?

i love it! and funny you should ask that question because i was thinking the same thing... i really like the music, though i'm not sure how to describe it... kinda jazzy with some whimsicality... i thought it was really weird at first but it grew on me.

#17 Shlomi of Vulcan

Shlomi of Vulcan

• Members
  • 9,305 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 01:32 PM

This week's episode about the
Spoiler
was really good. I like the bantering relationship that is being developed between Carter and his deputy, kind of like a modern day Andy and Barney, except this deputy knows her weapons, doesn't carry a bullet in her pocket and is a good mental match for the Sheriff.

#18 lwallace2

lwallace2

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 02:56 PM

kind of like a modern day Andy and Barney, except this deputy knows her weapons, doesn't carry a bullet in her pocket and is a good mental match for the Sheriff.

so kind of like andy and barney... but not...

;) :P

i want the sheriff's house. without the attitude. :D

#19 RogueEntity

RogueEntity

::Resident Dragon::

• Members
  • 7,369 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 08:37 PM

It also shows on Sky One every Wednesday at 10.
"Difficult takes a few seconds; impossible, a few minutes" - McKay

#20 Discodirect

Discodirect

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:40 PM

Yep - started watching it. It's pretty good! Different.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users