Photo

MLB-Baseball

276 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick your team(s) (27 member(s) have cast votes)

AL

1. Boston Red Sox (5 votes [18.52%])

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

2. NY Yankees (6 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

3. Toronto Blue Jays (4 votes [14.81%])

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

4. Baltimore Orioles (1 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

5. Tampa Bay Devil Rays (1 votes [3.70%])

6. Detroit Tigers (4 votes [14.81%])

7. Chicago White Sox (1 votes [3.70%])

8. Minnesota Twins (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

9. Cleveland Indians (1 votes [3.70%])

10. Oakland Athletics (1 votes [3.70%])

11. Texas Rangers (1 votes [3.70%])

12. Seattle Mariners (1 votes [3.70%])

13. LA Angels (1 votes [3.70%])

14. Kansas City Royals (0 votes [0.00%])

NL

1. NY Mets (4 votes [14.81%])

2. Philidelphia Phillies (2 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

3. Florida Marlins (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Washington Nationals (1 votes [3.70%])

5. Atlanta Braves (6 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

6. St. Louis Cardinals (2 votes [7.41%])

7. Cincinnati Reds (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Houston Astros (1 votes [3.70%])

9. Milwaukee Brewers (2 votes [7.41%])

10. Chicago Cubs (4 votes [14.81%])

11. Pittsburgh Pirates (1 votes [3.70%])

12. San Diego Padres (0 votes [0.00%])

13. LA Dodgers (2 votes [7.41%])

14. Colorado Rockies (0 votes [0.00%])

15. Arizona Diamondbacks (1 votes [3.70%])

16. San Francisco Giants (1 votes [3.70%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#261 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:37 PM

Uh, Mrs. T - I'm a YANKEES fan. YANKEES all the way. I am certainly not a Tigers fan, nor an Astros or Rangers fan at all. Check again.

YANKEES #27!!! Try beating that y'all!!!
President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#262 WeatherManNX01

WeatherManNX01

Sir Sexy - USA! USA! USA!

• Members
  • 26,110 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:48 PM

Day 3 of the 2010 MLB season - first uni typo:
Posted Image

Isn't Majectic great?

Posted Image

#263 Barbara

Barbara

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:16 PM

Ya know, ya gotta love Baseball. 100+ games a season. No one is really OUT until August or so. We all get to rag on each other until September when it becomes crystal clear that the YANKEES will stomp everyone else (hee hee). Football is so much easier to deal with.....
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#264 WeatherManNX01

WeatherManNX01

• Members
  • 26,110 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:18 PM

Ya know, ya gotta love Baseball. 100+ games a season. No one is really OUT until August or so. We all get to rag on each other until September when it becomes crystal clear that the YANKEES will stomp everyone else (hee hee). Football is so much easier to deal with.....

One of the reasons why I've fallen away from baseball is the number of games they play. It's so hard for any given game to be meaningful when it constitutes .06% of a season, and there are 161 other games to be considered. Football is right on with 16; soccer is somewhere in the middle with somewhere in the vicinity of 30 (depending on the league); hockey and basketball are pushing it with 82; baseball is completely overboard.

And while no one is usually mathematically eliminated until August, we've got April through July to give us a picture that won't go to wrong in the final months: Yankees and Red Sox are whooping it up, Giants, Dodgers, Cardinals, and Phillies are showing strong, and a handful of others are contending. Meanwhile, fans in Washington, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Toronto bury their heads in shame once again, while the Cubbies continue their reign of mediocrity.

Wake me in November.

Posted Image

#265 Barbara

Barbara

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:56 AM

Couldn't agree with you more on the length of the season. For the love of Pete - why in the world you'd start a season in April and not end until late October, early November is just stupid. I love baseball. Totally. But I really love baseball after August. Watch the Mets slide??? Great! Go see the Astros for almost nothing cuz they're just about giving tickets away - I'll take it.

We can watch the Missions here in San Antonio and get great seats, fun guys, upcoming stars, and baseball park food for like $5.00. How can you go wrong!!!

Football is perfect! Just perfect. But it's so physical that it really can't be longer. Basketball is a bit long for me. I wake up in March. Late March.

As you know, soccer stinks so it ain't worth my precious time. Woman's soccer is sewer water to me. Probably tied with the WNBA.

Can't talk about hockey. I've only seen the Olympics. Never saw a real hockey game...... probably should put that on the list of things to do before I die.

.... and learn to type without glaring errors. That should be on the list as well....

Edited by Barbara, 09 April 2010 - 12:57 AM.

Mac Anderson

#266 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:38 AM

Go Cubs! Go Rangers! Go Astros! Go Diamondbacks!

Thought I would just get that out, before the season really got underway.....sigh!
TUCKER: Malcolm? REED: I see it. TUCKER: Good. Means I'm not hallucinating. How can a ship be bigger on the inside than the outside? REED: It could be a hologram. TUCKER: Hand me that hyperspanner. (drops it down the hole - it hits bottom after two seconds) REED: You're not going down there? TUCKER: Got to get my spanner back.

#267 Barbara

Barbara

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:01 PM

Our prayers will be with you Tish...... though we could meet at an Astros game and laugh a lot! Posted Image
Mac Anderson

#268 WeatherManNX01

WeatherManNX01

• Members
  • 26,110 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:25 PM

Wanna hear a joke?

Spoiler

Hey-o!

Posted Image

#269 Barbara

Barbara

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:18 PM

Best Joke EVER!
Mac Anderson

#270 WeatherManNX01

WeatherManNX01

• Members
  • 26,110 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:32 PM

Or worst, depending on how you look at it. ;)

Posted Image

#271 Barbara

Barbara

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:01 AM

Or worst, depending on how you look at it. Posted Image

Posted Image QFT
Mac Anderson

#272 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:11 AM

Cubbies.....ehhhhh
Rangers....huummmm, ok
Diamondbacks.....meeehhhh
Astros....... :helpsmilie: :wallbash: :crybaby: :ranting: :jumpon: :blowup: :fist: :taz: :(
TUCKER: Malcolm? REED: I see it. TUCKER: Good. Means I'm not hallucinating. How can a ship be bigger on the inside than the outside? REED: It could be a hologram. TUCKER: Hand me that hyperspanner. (drops it down the hole - it hits bottom after two seconds) REED: You're not going down there? TUCKER: Got to get my spanner back.

#273 WeatherManNX01

WeatherManNX01

• Members
  • 26,110 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:55 PM

Ubaldo Jimenez throw first no-hitter in Rockies history.

Posted Image

#274 Barbara

Barbara

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:08 PM

Did you catch the highlights of that game???
Mac Anderson

#275 WeatherManNX01

WeatherManNX01

• Members
  • 26,110 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:33 PM

Did you catch the highlights of that game???

Well...sorta. I had SportsCenter on as an alarm clock this morning. I know they were showing highlights, but I was still kinda asleep. ;)

Posted Image

#276 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:26 PM

Wouldn't ya know the Astros first wins would be against the Cubs.....double sigh. :blink: :huh: :err:

#277 Barbara

Barbara

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 02:27 PM

Well...sorta. I had SportsCenter on as an alarm clock this morning. I know they were showing highlights, but I was still kinda asleep. Posted Image

story of my life....

I think I'll go into hibernation until after the All Star break. Teams I thought would be horrible are showing signs of life. Teams I thought would come out strong are struggling. Baseball season - gotta love it.
Mac Anderson

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users