It's a sad day but, the time has come.

91 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Mark_*

Guest_Mark_*

• Guests

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:12 AM

Tim, Jane, Tom, UFP, VF, LT, CH, AR, Bill, the other Tom, and a host of others ( the mod staff past and present ) that I can't remember right now, let me say thanks for being there when it counted.

Tu members / friends,

I have put a great deal of thought to this and I want you all to know that as your read this. The decision has not come lighthearted or without thought. As many of you know I started back to school close to a month ago and since that time, I have been very scarce on the forum. I have also come to realize that time has slipped away from me concerning my family. The kids are growing up and I have found that I do not spend enough time with them, something that escaped me in the past somehow. I guess that going back to night classes has made me stop and think about how and where I spend so much of my time.

At this time, when I feel that TU may be about at start a new time in its life, it needs to have someone that has the time to be here and help. Unfortunately, the hours are just not there for me. Just to add my 55 hour + workweek to approximately 2 1/2 hours a day spent in class or studying to 8 hours of sleep a night, does not leave many hours. I wish to use the small amount of hours that I have left in the week to spend with my family and close friends.

I wish nothing but the best for TU as of course I have much of my life invested in it as well. My hope is that Tu grows and becomes the force that I know it can be. However, I do not wish to hold on to a title and not fill the position or the duties that title entails, I think that TU deserves more then that. I think that it is time for Tim to pick a new forum leader. I know that he has many great people to pick from so I have no worries that TU will suffer at my departure. I feel the time is right for this move on my part.

A special thanks to Tim for letting me be a part of this.

At this time, I ask that you accept my resignation as Chief Forum Admin and understand the reasons that I do this.

Thanks for a host of memories that I will never forget,

Mark

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Vulcanfanatic

Vulcanfanatic

Federation President and Proud SE member, despiser of TU Managem

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:14 AM

You will be missed Mark. I wish you and the family well and come back and visit soon.
Proud member of SaveEnterprise.com, Member #8.

#3 Shlomi of Vulcan

Shlomi of Vulcan

Resident Vulcan Old-Fogey

• Members
  • 9,305 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:16 AM

Mark, you will be sadly missed. I have depended on you for lots of mod help here over the past year. But, I understand - family must always come first and with your current schedule of work and school, what little time you have left should be totally devoted to them.

I wish you nothing but success, prosperity and long life, and when time allows...you know where we are. Good Life my friend.

Sam
"Having problems with the present? Find solace in the fact that some future generations will call these "the good ole' days." Shmu'el Ben Shalom

"If I wanted to argue about which imaginary friend is tougher, I'd just go to church" Jason of KC

Politically Incorrectile Dysfunction

#4 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 08:03 PM

Thanks for all you have done Mark, we will miss you!

Visit when you can and let us know how school goes.

I am sure we will cross paths again, wherever Toys, Props and Trek are involved. :thumbsup:

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#5 Giggles

Giggles

TU OFFICIAL WHO IS IN CHARGE OF ALL THINGS GIGGLY

• Members
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 08:43 PM

:( Aw man who am I going to pick on now? LOL I know what you mean. You'll be missed over here.

We'll just come to your website and look at your toys. Take care and come back sometimes. :blink:

giggles
DO YOU REMEMBER THIS ONE?
Posted Image

#6 FrellingSebacean

FrellingSebacean

You can call me FS.

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 13,132 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:37 PM

I'll miss you on the forum, but make sure you stop by for a visit now and then.

See ya around, Mark.

It's beer o'clock, where the hell is my riot?

"It's truth in a box." ...and it mine!

#7 Cougar

Cougar

fsfafsfdyryrhgf

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 24,610 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:54 PM

That sucks. But I sorta knew you felt that way for a long time. Sucks that this is what happens but hey you get to spend more time with your family.

Please stop by every once in a while.

See ya around :(

Posted Image

"We're not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department. We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people."
- Gen Hillier, Chief of the Defence Staff

#8 eliteone

eliteone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:21 AM

Won't be the same without you here. Family of course comes first.

Best wishes.

elitebang.jpg
userbarz.gif

#9 Wowbagger

Wowbagger

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 01:41 AM

Hey, I can't believe you put as much work into making this bucket of bolts into something awesome as you did. Thanks for everything, and good luck!

We will daily note the absence of your proximity.
Wowbagger: The Once and Future Prophet of Almighty Tim
"Make as much noise as possible!" --Manny Coto. Ah, good times. Does anyone remember Al Vinci?
Listen to the Star Trek: Excelsior audio radio drama extravaganza! www.starshipexcelsior.com!
...because not enough people have used the word "extravaganza" in advertising since the 1890's. I'm bringing extravaganza back.

#10 AdmiralRooster

AdmiralRooster

The Great And Powerful Rooster

• Members
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 02:04 AM

I think people realise you've been busy lately, and as already mentioned here, family first.

Top bloke, pleasure working with you, meeting you etc... good luck in your future, and don't be a stranger...

LLAP

#11 DeAnn

DeAnn

Editor - HFO and FanMagazine - PR Team

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 02:29 AM

Mark:

You did a great job here! I could always contact you and tell you what I needed and you did your best to help me out. Thank You!!

Good luck with school! Go spend that quality time with your family, and check in every once in a while with TU. We will be here!

DeAnn

#12 carolinsche

carolinsche

Her Highness in charge of ... lots of things

• Members
  • 7,168 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 04:37 AM

Mark,

I hope we are not losing you forever, but that you still pop in every now and then, or even return more regularly some day. Yes you will be missed and everybody knows (should know!) how much effort and work you have put into keeping this forum running.
I totally understand that family comes first, so of course I respect your decision.
I wish you all the best...
... and maybe you should consider having yourself cloned. :D
(Then one of you can go to work, another one of you can attend school, and you get to spend lots of time with your family! :D)

Best wishes for the future,
and hope to see you around every once in a while,

Caroline
The path of the Monk
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow.
Do not walk beside me for the path is narrow. In fact, just bugger off and leave me alone.

C
ERTIFIED CONNORSEUR

European Recovery Group For Late Night Chats Gold Member

#13 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 08:03 AM

Mark, it was a good run. I'm sad to see it end so soon, but you can only fit so much on your plate before you start ruining the tablecloth. ;) See you around. :)

Posted Image

#14 Hal

Hal

Asst. Groups Co-Ord - GEAUX TIGERS

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 09:00 AM

Your void will be felt.
"But I firmly believe that in any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear - is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - VICTORIOUS." Vince Lombardi

Geaux Tigers!
WHO DAT TALKIN' 'BOUT BEATEN DEM SAINTS

#15 triplittleminx

triplittleminx

'Slice of Sci Fi' News Team Stargate:SG-1 Researcher

• Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 09:04 AM

:worthy: :thumbsup: Mark

I will miss you

There will be a void here

Family comes first

best wishes
'Slice of Sci Fi' News Team Stargate: SG-1 Researcher

Posted Image

I declare the love as i am the person who thought of these Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 09:30 AM

Mark,

I'm sorry that you're stepping down because you are such an all-round good guy and someone who has been a great friend to me. Certainly I will miss you, but, I want to say that I agree completely with what you are doing and that family should always come first.

Good on you for going back to school ~ as you know I'm doing the same thing ~ but also good on you for being able to step back and reprioritise your life because your kids wont be young for ever, and you never want to have regreats about not having spent more time with them when they were growing up.

My own father was distant and always busy ~ it's something I regret ~ and I'm damn certain he does. My husband's dad was too busy to attend his football matches, and as a result my husband is devoted to our daughter and never misses any of her matches if he can possibly help it.

You've made the right choice my friend and Mrs Williams will love you all the more for it.

JulesXX

#17 Phill

Phill

Ghost in the machine

• Members
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 11:33 AM

Sad to see you leave the team Mark, Good luck in future endeavours

#18 jespah

jespah

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

• Global Moderators
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:47 PM

Best to you, Mark. I know the job you've been doing (I hold it on another site) and it is a boatload of work. Kudos to you.

Take care and don't be a stranger.
Honk if you love silence.

Ordinary Trek Citizen and not much bigger than a bread box

Posted Image

#19 Borg Queen

Borg Queen

Commodore

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 02:30 PM

good luck for the future it sad to see you leave (Sob Sob)
AWC-WARRIOR
Never give up. Never surrender.
Posted Image
(\_/)
(0.0)
(> <)
O__O

#20 RogueEntity

RogueEntity

::Resident Dragon::

• Members
  • 7,369 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 03:06 PM

Mark, I agree that you will be missed, you have been fantastic, working behind the scenes. I have rarely seen you on the forum itself, but yet you are probably the most famous member (besides Tim and CH).

I know that you will continue to pop in now and then.

As for your replacement, please please, dont recommend Richard, he has too much power already :P (just kidding).
"Difficult takes a few seconds; impossible, a few minutes" - McKay

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users