Anyone noticed this?

15 replies to this topic

#1 L4DD13

L4DD13

4th Year Cadet

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 02:17 PM

Anyone notice that Brock Peters is in The Undiscovered Country?

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 L4DD13

L4DD13

4th Year Cadet

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 03:12 PM

As well as Rene Auberjonois....

#3 Vulcanfanatic

Vulcanfanatic

Federation President and Proud SE member, despiser of TU Managem

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 04:36 PM

If im not mistaken, so is Tim Russ (Tuvok) and Michael Dorn (Worf).
Proud member of SaveEnterprise.com, Member #8.

#4 Stevie

Stevie

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 05:20 PM

I thought Tim Russ was in Generations? I don't remember him being in Star Trek 6, although I knew about the other two.
"You may say i'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one" - John Lennon - "Imagine"

Somewhere in the night, inside my dreams you burn so bright, and I'm with you there and everything's alright. - Scott Bakula - "Somewhere in the night"

The secret of life is a good cuppa' coffee, the secret of life's keep ya eye on the ball, the secret of life is there's no secret at all! - Faith Hill - "The secret of life"

#5 Vulcanfanatic

Vulcanfanatic

Federation President and Proud SE member, despiser of TU Managem

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 05:25 PM

I thought Tim Russ was in Generations? I don't remember him being in Star Trek 6, although I knew about the other two.

Yes, you are correct, Russ was in Generations, not Star Trek 6. On a interesting sidenote though, if you ever saw " flashback" on Voyager, we learned that Tuvok was present during the events on the Excelsior with Captain Sulu that happened during Star Trek 6.
Proud member of SaveEnterprise.com, Member #8.

#6 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 08:40 PM

Anyone notice that Brock Peters is in The Undiscovered Country?

Considering that he's one of the main charcters - and a recurring one at that - YES.

Posted Image

#7 Shlomi of Vulcan

Shlomi of Vulcan

Resident Vulcan Old-Fogey

• Members
  • 9,305 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:04 PM

Peters played Admiral Cartwright, an established character in Star Trek lore that we first saw in Star Trek IV: the Voyage Home and again in Star TreK VI.. Of course he was also Ben Sisko's Dad, Joseph in DS9 and did the voice of General MiQogh for the video game Star Trek: Starfleet Command III.

His acting career spanned 41 years and he starred in some of the biggest movies of all-time including, To Kill a Mockingbird, Carmen Jones, Porgy and Bess, The Pawnbroker and so many more.

Sadly, Brock died in August 2005.
"Having problems with the present? Find solace in the fact that some future generations will call these "the good ole' days." Shmu'el Ben Shalom

"If I wanted to argue about which imaginary friend is tougher, I'd just go to church" Jason of KC

Politically Incorrectile Dysfunction

#8 DOSMAN

DOSMAN

Commodore

• Members
  • 556 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:16 AM

^...of pancreatic cancer, no less--the exact form of cancer we're fighting with our TU GRID team. :(
Computer? Yep. Internet? Of course. >>> So put them to good use!

TrekCore - TOS, TAS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, Movies, and Gaming

#9 dutch-trek

dutch-trek

Warrant Officer 1st Class

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 01:35 PM

indeed a great loss to startrek and the acting comunity..

but rene also in st 6 ??? i have seen the movie many times... where is he ?????

!Live your own Life!

#10 Gidga

Gidga

Commander

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:26 PM

Col. West...the guy who tries to kill Gorkon's daughter at the end. Incidently, he is wearing an admiral's uniform. I would have hoped that the costume dept. would have made a distinction between Starfleet and other military branches.
Posted Image

Wanna play? Official rules here

#11 dutch-trek

dutch-trek

Warrant Officer 1st Class

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 04:41 AM

thanks for the info.. now i have to pay closer attention next time when i wathc that one

!Live your own Life!

#12 Nizaril

Nizaril

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:47 AM

Col. West...the guy who tries to kill Gorkon's daughter at the end. Incidently, he is wearing an admiral's uniform. I would have hoped that the costume dept. would have made a distinction between Starfleet and other military branches.

This was discussed in another thread at one time. Colonel West is considered a part of the Starfleet Military and his rank of Colonel has a rank insignia which looks very similar to the lowest level Starfleet Admiral rank. This is not confirmed but is just one explanation that has been talked about.

As for who he tried to kill at the conference, he was actually scoped in on the President of the Federation. Kirk broke through the crowd and managed to knock thek president to the ground just as Colonel West fired his phaser sniper rifle. Scotty busted through the door and shot him and that knocked him through the glass and he fell down amidst the crowd below.

I've been told that Colonel Wests scenes were not included in the theatrical release of ST6 but I've never went back and watched the theatrical release so I can't confirm this info.

#13 Swift

Swift

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:19 PM

I think most fans noticed :)

Posted Image

#14 The Star Treker

The Star Treker

Commander

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 11:56 PM

Yeah, Brock Peters was the one of the Admirals on Star Trek VI.

Yes, you are correct, Russ was in Generations, not Star Trek 6. On a interesting sidenote though, if you ever saw " flashback" on Voyager, we learned that Tuvok was present during the events on the Excelsior with Captain Sulu that happened during Star Trek 6.

Tim Russ did also guest starred on TNG's episode "Starship Mine", when Picard was trapped on the Enterprise with some thieves.

#15 Coffee

Coffee

3rd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:27 AM

I noticed that after watching the series, it is easier to pick them out when they are in different movies or tv series.
Forget the Leader. Take me to your coffeemaker!

#16 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,658 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

I noticed that after watching the series, it is easier to pick them out when they are in different movies or tv series.

Agree with you,i too very like this epic series with action and space battle.My very like personage there: Worf and doctor Bashir.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users