79 replies to this topic

#1 CorkyB

CorkyB

Warrant Officer 1st Class

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 09:31 PM

I'm in Corona. Any other Californians out there? :clap:

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 emily_reich

emily_reich

Commodore

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 10:58 PM

wow, i can NOT believe we have so few calis so far!!!! welcome!!! :)

#3 CorkyB

CorkyB

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 12:33 AM

wow, i can NOT believe we have so few calis so far!!!!  welcome!!! :)

View Post

Thanks. I'm beginning to feel a little lonely in here all by myself. :P

#4 Shallon

Shallon

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 12:39 AM

Bakersfield in the house! :boxing:

#5 T'Saavik

T'Saavik

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 12:40 AM

I know of two that should be here sooner or later. One I gave the addy to today and the other I will when he comes on line.
T'Saavik

#6 CorkyB

CorkyB

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 10:05 PM

I know of two that should be here sooner or later. One I gave the addy to today and the other I will when he comes on line.

View Post

Great! I just can't believe there so few of us.

Did anyone here get the UPN e-mail? I was so touched they included me in their mass kiss off. :angry:

#7 inLA

inLA

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 02:36 PM

I'm in Corona.  Any other Californians out there?  :clap:

View Post

Hi to all from Los Angeles. :clap:

#8 CorkyB

CorkyB

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 02:42 PM

Hi to all from Los Angeles.  :clap:

View Post

Welcome!!

So does anyone have any ideas of how we can help out from here. Any contacts with local media that we can pass on?? Anything like that?

#9 inLA

inLA

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 03:27 PM

Welcome!!

So does anyone have any ideas of how we can help out from here.  Any contacts with local media that we can pass on??  Anything like that?

View Post

I am working on several avenues for the cause but I was planning on leaving the larger and grander ideas to the people running the campaign and for when they begin accepting donations. I also only have so much time to offer. However, I did shoot an email off to Howard Stern's radio show, I know he is a big Star Trek fan and I also shot an email off to Sam Rubin at KTLA morning news here in L.A. They were the only morning news station that I know of here in L.A that announced Enterprise's cancellation. Hope something comes of it.

#10 Jami

Jami

Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 05:48 PM

Hi, my name's Jami JoAnne Russell. I'm from Southern California. I'm 28, female, and have been a Trekkie since I was 3. I'm a Trekkie as opposed to a Trekker cause I can't understand the technology nor the maths of Trek. (I just cannot understand the metric system, I kept flunking math in college because of this and was one of the reasons I eventually dropped out.) Also I never get to go to conventions. :( Though I've been on Star Trek: The Experience at least two hundred times since it opened. (I understand there's a woman from the midwest who's going for a world record and has been on over 2,000 times.) My first ever crush was on Mr. Spock. I'm single, own a dog, admittedly live with my parents, am the only girl out of four children and the youngest.

Besides Star Trek I also love Sherlock Holmes, musicals, Kevin Smith movies, Britcoms, Harry Potter, Lord Of The Rings, comic books, and Jackie Chan movies.

I'm really pretty boring but there seems so few Californians I had to speak up.

#11 LA Emissary

LA Emissary

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 12:30 PM

I'm in Corona.  Any other Californians out there?  :clap:

View Post

Hello all. Lancaster requesting to come aboard. I just found the TrekUnited site last night and just reg. today. I have hope that this fanbase of Star Trek can do great things. I want to witness history made and be a part of it.

#12 CorkyB

CorkyB

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 09:19 PM

I am working on several avenues for the cause but I was planning on leaving the larger and grander ideas to the people running the campaign and for when they begin accepting donations. I also only have so much time to offer. However, I did shoot an email off to Howard Stern's radio show, I know he is a big Star Trek fan and I also shot an email off to Sam Rubin at KTLA morning news here in L.A. They were the only morning news station that I know of here in L.A that announced Enterprise's cancellation. Hope something comes of it.

View Post

Those are great ideas. Hope something comes of the e-mails.

#13 CorkyB

CorkyB

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 09:21 PM

Hello all.  Lancaster requesting to come aboard.  I just found the TrekUnited site last night and just reg. today.  I have hope that this fanbase of Star Trek can do great things.  I want to witness history made and be a part of it.

View Post

Well, welcome aboard! :D

Anyone here planning on attending the rally outside Paramount on the 25th???

#14 Jami

Jami

Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 11:36 AM

Anyone here planning on attending the rally outside Paramount on the 25th???

View Post

So there is one planned? Do you know what time? Cause obviously the 25th is a work day for most of us.

Course I've never driven the freeways and the thought makes me nervous. But I might be able to arrange to get up there provided the gathering is in the afternoon.

You know, maybe you could just post the link to the rally information.

#15 CorkyB

CorkyB

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 01:26 AM

So there is one planned? Do you know what time? Cause obviously the 25th is a work day for most of us.

Course I've never driven the freeways and the thought makes me nervous. But I might be able to arrange to get up there provided the gathering is in the afternoon.

You know, maybe you could just post the link to the rally information.

View Post

I thought I saw it here somewhere but here is the link at the Trek BBS.
Trek BBS Rally Link

#16 Cheri

Cheri

TrekUnited Alumni - GO BOILERS

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 02:20 PM

Guys, the rally is FRIDAY Feb 25th at 9am at the Paramount Studios. Call in sick, take a vactaion day, whatever!!

I'm in Phoenix - I just started the Arizona board. I will be coming from Phoenix to the rally on 2/25. I'm taking 2 vacation days to do it.

My sister is a DJ in LA - please see my post for the Arizona board for info on that.

If you all want to, let's start a new topic for those GOING to the rally from CA and AZ and anywhere else around here! :-)

Cheri

#17 Cheri

Cheri

TrekUnited Alumni - GO BOILERS

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 02:25 PM

Sorry, I still can't reply to people's posts in here - still having a problem navigating in here with all the red x's! ;-)

PEOPLE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA - the LA Times will have the FULL PAGE Save Star Trek ad TOMORROW on Tuesday 2/15. Get as many copies as you can. Post them everywhere!! Work, school, grocery stores, the malls....everywhere! PLEASE!!! You fans there are our biggest hope! This rally will not work with the few of us coming in from other states. It has to come from YOU.

No pressure or anything ;-)

Seriously, please try to get the ad and put it up, make posters out of it, etc....my sister and her husband are going to get copies and do this. If everyone got just a few papers and posted the ad everywhere (and of course make copies for yourself so you can mail in the statements!), wouldn't this be a great way to promote the rally? Tell everyone you know!

Cheri

#18 CorkyB

CorkyB

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:59 PM

So is there going to be a rally point that everyone is going to meet at? It would make sense to me to meet somewhere and then walk to the Paramount gate.

Any ideas??

#19 RicardoHead

RicardoHead

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 11:36 PM

San Diego here. Anyone heading to the rally on the 25th? I'm thinking about it if I can get off work.

Posted Image

#20 CorkyB

CorkyB

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 12:53 AM

San Diego here.  Anyone heading to the rally on the 25th?  I'm thinking about it if I can get off work. 

Posted Image

View Post

I'm planning on going I'm just wondering what is going to happen on the 25th. That's why I'm asking about meeting up somewhere first.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users