Project Ideas

24 replies to this topic

#1 Hal

Hal

Asst. Groups Co-Ord - GEAUX TIGERS

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 10:36 AM

Let's get the ideas flowing. The only ridiculous idea is the one that is not mentioned.
"But I firmly believe that in any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear - is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - VICTORIOUS." Vince Lombardi

Geaux Tigers!
WHO DAT TALKIN' 'BOUT BEATEN DEM SAINTS

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 10:31 PM

At the moment, amongst other things, we in TrekUnited Australia are working towards making an effect presence at Conflux-3, the major Australian SciFi convention. Check out the variety of ideas that we have at the moment and consider ...
  • The ideas could be done in other countries or adapted to other purposes
  • Much of the material and content produced ( the CD's, leaflets etc) will be transferable to other projects.
  • The fan film info web page could be further developed to cover ALL fan films, not just the ones exhibited at Conflux-3, and be linked not only to the fan films web pages but to the TrekUnited forums, articles in HFO, News items in the archive ...
A lot of newspapers see themselves as "media content providers" nowadays and use the same content, say a press release, in a newspaper, magazine, TV as well as radio item. Perhaps we should think about using the same resources across a wide range of projects? A news item could become an article in HFO then part of a leaflet given away at Cons, used as background material for a chat/interview. A postcard could be re-used in a poster, a music video could become the basis for a campaign trailer? Just a thought.Cheers

Kirok of L'Stok

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#3 Tom

Tom

TrekUnited Owner & Co-Founder

• Managment
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:33 AM

Looking at Skippy's Direct to Dvd trailer has reminded me about the ill fated Enterprise S5. Just some thoughts to throw around here, but maybe it is possible just to do one episode, sort of like a mini movie of sorts, utilizing Skippys animation, it may take a few months but might be well worth it to alot of Enterprise fans. Thing is i'm way to busy helping Tim with some stuff and also setting the expansion sites so I would not have time for this, but maybe others will if someone steps foward with enough passion to spearhead the project, just a thought....Tom

TrekUnited - Owner & Co-Founder

Associate Producer of Star Trek: Renegades, Coming soon!!

GalacticaBBS.com - Owner

"To boldly do what no one has done before..."

#4 Giggles

Giggles

TU OFFICIAL WHO IS IN CHARGE OF ALL THINGS GIGGLY

• Members
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:20 AM

What we need to do first is organize. For example if we had a list of people who have art talent. Then when we need someone who has art talent to do something we have a list of them and then we contact them. Same with other talents/abilities.

There's been people who post when they first join or put in their signatures that they want to help or are good at things and when the time comes and we need someone to do something they never hear from us.

just putting my 2 cents in.

giggles
DO YOU REMEMBER THIS ONE?
Posted Image

#5 Hal

Hal

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 12:40 PM

Well that's what this area is for. To help concentrate it to a specific area and not get lost in the vastness of the site.
"But I firmly believe that in any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear - is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - VICTORIOUS." Vince Lombardi

Geaux Tigers!

#6 Hal

Hal

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 07:33 AM

One thing I will be doing today is working with "The Planetary Report" to see if they will help us promote the DVD petition. Does anyone else have any other ideas along those lines?

Geaux Tigers!

#7 Giggles

Giggles

• Members
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 04:08 PM

Since we changed our mission statement, do we need to promote that? Or try to do projects with the new mission statement written on them?
Posted Image

#8 AdmiralRooster

AdmiralRooster

The Great And Powerful Rooster

• Members
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 05:22 AM

Changed the mission statement? when?

#9 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

The Amateur Internet Radio DJ

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:58 PM

A suggestion has been made to send a copy of the DVD petition to J.J Abrams to try get Enterprise into consideration for Star Trek XI

#10 Shodar

Shodar

Will Call Back Later

• Members
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 09:02 PM

CM and avrila had an interesting idea. Not really sci-fi related, but we've already proven that we can raise money around here.

We had something to talk about then. And folks like me were willing to throuw away real life to pull that off. The save ent. cause is pretty much gone now. We need something to countdown again. Could we sat up a raise $500 000 to help pay for food and medical supplies in war-torn afghanistan/iraq?

Hmm...since I assume you're not volunteering to fly over to Afghanistan or Iraq to deliver the food and medical supplies, we'd have to get in touch with an organization that could take the money and handle the logistics...that said, it could be cool...anyone have a preference on organizations? Red Cross would be an obvious option of course, but there are less obvious ones too, Doctors Without Borders comes to mind for one.

http://www.trekunite...ndpost&p=408815
Visit these links (and others that the forum won't let me post):
Doctors without Borders --- Amnesty International --- ICotRC --- UNICEF

#11 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 09:18 PM

CM and avrila had an interesting idea. Not really sci-fi related, but we've already proven that we can raise money around here.
http://www.trekunite...ndpost&p=408815

I have to say that it is really worth consideration. There's nothing wrong with raising money for a good cause. :thumbsup: Also, we could look at UNICEF and any drive funds that pop up in the wake of large natural disasters...

Posted Image

#12 Todd

Todd

TrekUnited Alumni

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 11:36 AM

I have to say that it is really worth consideration. There's nothing wrong with raising money for a good cause. :thumbsup: Also, we could look at UNICEF and any drive funds that pop up in the wake of large natural disasters...

The only problem with raising monetary donations for any organization is having someone responsible to keep track of them and also we have to remember all the haggling we will receive if we accept money donations again. Why not do something more tangible, without money donations. Something like schools supplies to a third world country? just a thought :D
Posted Image

#13 Phill

Phill

Ghost in the machine

• Members
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 12:50 PM

All we need really is someone who has experience with handling large amounts of money in different currencies. Then when we send money to the charity or charities we just need to get a receipt sort of thing that we can put on the site to prove where the money has gone.

I know in the past there have been a lot of bad rumours going round about TU collecting funds for causes but I think if we propperly think it out we can prove those people who didn't believe in us then that they were wrong.

#14 Giggles

Giggles

• Members
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 01:23 PM

All we need really is someone who has experience with handling large amounts of money in different currencies. Then when we send money to the charity or charities we just need to get a receipt sort of thing that we can put on the site to prove where the money has gone.

I know in the past there have been a lot of bad rumours going round about TU collecting funds for causes but I think if we propperly think it out we can prove those people who didn't believe in us then that they were wrong.

plus if we had the right pr for it.

giggles
Posted Image

#15 Phill

Phill

Ghost in the machine

• Members
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 02:57 PM

One other note, cash handling opperations should ideally involve two people, even when you know you can trust your staff.

At work I have to count and countersign any cash changes from the safe to ensure my line manager cannot be held responsible for any discrepancies,

It's allways good to have two people working with each other, ensures no mistakes are made.

#16 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 05:46 PM

Or perhaps we could just set up a program where we aren't holding the cash, just donating to the charity in the name of TrekUnited... that way we aren't actually holding any money, it goes straight into TU, then immediately to the charity... maybe we could even set it up so that you could select a charity to be the benefactor of your money...

Posted Image

#17 Phill

Phill

Ghost in the machine

• Members
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 06:25 PM

The idea is sound but the principle could be a little complex, it would me much simpler to put all the money in a holding account and then transfer it to the charity or charities.

#18 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 11:22 AM

There are lots of good ideas in the save Enterprise forums brainstorm thread.

I think convincing JJ Abrahms to do an Enterprise movie should be our top priority.

#19 Vol

Vol

Membership/Projects Director

• Members
  • 8,098 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 09:36 AM

Well if you are thinking along the giving to charity line, I thought of something my high school use to do that was a source of pride for us all and that was to sponsor a child.

What if we sponsor a girl and a boy and together as a group give them a better life and open up some opportunities for them. I think this would be a worthy cause and we could make a real difference in their lives and we'd be able to send them messages (maybe make up scrap books for them) and have them write back to us and update us on their lives. This is what we use to do at my high school :)

http://www.wvi.org/w...sponsorship.htm

http://www.worldvision.org/

Forum Rules

Insane Aussie Countdownunderist. Member of SANITY

"Fate protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise"

#20 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

The Amateur Internet Radio DJ

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 08:25 AM

Best idea i got so far is to push for Enterprise to be in Star Trek XI or to satisfy other series fans could do one for like DS9 for Star Trek XI to maximise participation

Could couple the Enterprise for Star Trek XI with the petition, the trailer and a fan list of what people would want to see in Star Trek XI

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users