Best Video Game Ever

83 replies to this topic

#21 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,555 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 03:28 PM

For a long time, my favorite game was SimCity for the Super NES. I was so addicted to that game. Perfect Dark is great too. I love the combat simulator.

Leverage.jpg
Leverage -- All Five Seasons Now on DVD

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#22 Lt. Munroe

Lt. Munroe

Crewman

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 11:46 PM

The tops:

GoldenEye 007
Jedi Knight (Dark Forces through Outcast)
Metroid series (especially 3, Prime 1 and 2)
DOOM (why hasn't anybody mentioned it yet?)
Zelda Ocarina of Time

And yes, Aliens Vs. Predator ROCKED on the PC. The sequel was a little iffy, though. <_<

Perfect Dark was great too, it's a shame that the prequel (what the? :o ) is only for the Xbox 360. It looks all wierd and anime, too. why, Rareware, WHY?!

#23 Lilredhead

Lilredhead

Enterprise: Flashed Creator

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 05:34 AM

There are a lot of games out there I really like. I don't think I could choose one to be the best ever. However, here are some of my favorites:

All the Zelda games (notable Zelda 3 and Ocarina of Time)
All of the standard Mario games (Mario 3 being my favorite)
The Ghosts and Goblins series (including Maximo 1 and 2 for PS2)
Mario Kart series
Halo 1 and 2
Star Control 2 (The 3DO version)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1
Goldeneye
Resident Evil 4
Metroid Prime 1 (still gotta play 2, I bought it when it came out, but haven't had time to get into it :angry:)
Grand Theft Auto 3 (at the time, this game was pretty revolutionary for consoles, now every game seems to copy the "do anything you want" formula)

Those are just a few I can think of right now. I urge you all to play Star Control 2. It's an excellent game (older, it came out in 1992 for the PC, 94 for the 3DO). The game is kinda like Star Trek in a way. You explore different solar systems and try to make allies with different races. The game is HUGE too, there's 100's of solar systems to explore. The plot is pretty good, not totally original, but good. And best of all, it's free! The company who made it released the source code and a group of fans compiled the code and you can download the 3DO version free from their site. This is pretty cool because the original 3DO version is now rare, sometimes it goes for 80 - 100 dollars US online and not to mention you need a 3DO console to play it. You can get it here if your interested: http://sc2.sourceforge.net/. I have yet to beat this game. I'm the kinda person that refuses to use strategy guides, but it's so big it can be overwhelming. But I like it :thumbsup:

#24 Mr Data

Mr Data

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 11:19 AM

Doom Series (Doom 3 in particular)
Command and Conquer Series (especially Red Alert I and II)
UT2004
Hitman II and it's sequels etc
GTA Series (Playing San Andreas at the moment....haven't come to the conclusion on whether it is better than Vice City, but it certainly is bigger)
Half-Life 2 (excellent graphics and gameplay)
and finally Pilotwings, that game rocked.

#25 Canadian Mind

Canadian Mind

What you wanna know?

• Members
  • 5,406 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 01:31 PM

i love all Command and Conquer games ... the best  were CnC1 and CnC Renegade ... i just love the story and all around ... i am a really huge fan of Command and Conquer ... and i really hate EA for destroying westwood, the company which made all CnC (except generals, what really is one of the worst games i ever played and by far not a CnC)

View Post

you said it man. it has a similar interface, but not the same feel. where is the tiberium? would be nice if a game that linked all the story lines in a mirror universe fashion came out. generals was still fun though.

xbox: halo (halo 2 was a piece of shit! no freedom of movement whatsoever)

PS2: grand tourismo 4.

Nintendo: Phlox nintendo

sega genisis: sonic the hedgehog games (oh yea!)
Posted Image
Vancouver...While I may not live there anymore, this is the city I still call home.

#26 Lilredhead

Lilredhead

Enterprise: Flashed Creator

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 02:52 AM

you said it man. it has a similar interface, but not the same feel. where is the tiberium? would be nice if a game that linked all the story lines in a mirror universe fashion came out. generals was still fun though.

View Post

Red Alert 2 was my favorite out of the C&C series. Tiberian Sun was all right, never really got into it though. Generals is fun, but it takes a while to get used to, considering the new way you build things and stuff.

I read that Red Alert 3 is in the works, but it will be running off of the Generals engine. Hope it's good, I'm not a real fan of EA games.

#27 Skinfull

Skinfull

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:12 AM

Counter Strike,
Half Life 1 & 2
Xiii,
SW Battlefront
Burnout 3
Timesplitters,
Medal Of Honor Frontline
Populus on the PC
Sonic!

Ah christ who am I kidding! I love em all! So much that I quit my job and started my own business in video game retail! :clap:

"Things are only impossible until they are not." - Picard

Game-Bandits.com

#28 LMan

LMan

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:09 AM

Ultima Underworld
GTA Vice City (the 80s flair lifts it above the other GTAs)
Duke Nukem 3d
Mafia
Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast
Arx Fatalis

and all the Lucasfilm / Lucasarts adventures (Maniac Mansion, Zak McKracken, Indiana Jones, Monkey Island etc.)

#29 Sheree

Sheree

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 01:39 AM

zelda will always be a fav of mine... i also loved doom. pitfall, metroid, finale fantasy,spyro,lots of games those are just the ones that come to mind right off..

i liked doom on the computer its what got me in to games ( gotta love all the blowing up and shooting) and now i love computer games like myst, phantasmagoria, time machine, shivers things like that where you have to solve puzzles to get father in the game..

i have to add Resident Evil as my second fav game just havnt played it in a long time and almost forgot about it.
no day, no night, no moment can hold me back from tryng I'll flag, I'll fall, I'll falter I'll find my day may be far and away.. enya book of days (far and away sound track)

Out of the night that covers me, Black as the Pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul. In the fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud.Under the bludgeonings of chance My head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears Looms but the Horror of the shade,And yet the menace of the years Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate:I am the captain of my soul.
William Ernest Henley

#30 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 01:53 AM

In order:
Rock 'n Roll Racing (Made by the people who became Blizzard Ent)
Monkey Island Series I - 4
Civilization I & III
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & the original Legend of Zelda
Fallout 1 & 2
Warcraft II, III, WoW

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#31 Ferret

Ferret

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 02:05 AM

Zork (and the Infocom series, for us old timers)
Grim Fandango (my fav of the Lucasarts adventures)
Duke Nukem 3d (still a classic fps, defined excellence in its class)
X-wing (first really kickass SW game)
Starcraft (The hive cluster is under attack!!!, terminology in many games originates from this one)

Unreal Tournament 99 (the only fps to make me sweat when playing)

Dance Revolution (just kidding, although this does provide me with endless laughs watching folks make asses of themselves playing it)

I have tons of best games ever thats a short list off the top of my head.

#32 Darth Paris

Darth Paris

Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 10:11 AM

Goldeneye or Zelda OOT for me

Other greats include:
Halo
Mario 64
Mario Bros. (NES)
Lawnmower Man (I love this game for some reason)
Duck Hunt
Zelda Majora's Mask
Posted Image
Posted Image
Remember The USS Cole, London, Bali, Madrid, Tunisia, Kenya and Tanzania, Riyadh, Amman, 9/11: New York, The Pentagon, and Pennsylvania

#33 Space Nomad

Space Nomad

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 09:04 PM

I don’t think I could pick an all time favorite right off of the top of my head, but I must list some greats.

Solaris for Atari 2600. I tried so hard to beat it but never did.
Frogs and Flies for Atari 2600
Mario Bros. 1 for NES. It changed my life and cemented my geekhood.
Kirby’s Adventure for NES
Final Fantasy for NES. The very first and still the best to me.
Contra for NES
Zelda for NES and SNES
Super Return of the Jedi for SNES
Jedi Knight for PC
Rouge Squadron for PC
Klingon Honor Guard for PC. I’m probably the only one who liked it.
AvP for PC does rock! The movies weren’t scary but the random-spawning aliens in the game will make you crap yourself.

Out of these Jedi Knight might possibly be my favorite, largely because it was my first and best taste of online DeathMatch with two very good friends. Days I will never forget. Some of the mods and add-on levels for this game are unbelievably cool.

#34 Enterprise Best Trek Ever!

Enterprise Best Trek Ever!

Commodore

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 07:54 AM

The video game franchise without any doubt is SONIC THE HEDGEHOG!

My favourite games and the best games of all time are:

Sonic the Hedgehog (all of them even the lastest one but the old school was rock! Except Sonic Spinball, they shouldn't have made it, sonic rules!)
Starcraft and Starcraft: Brood Wars rules!
Warcraft III: Reign of Choas and Frozen Throne
Wonder Dragon's Trap
Wonderboy In Monsterland (Part 2)
Wonderboy 3: The Dragon's Trap
Wonderboy in MonsterWorld (On mega drive or for US Gensis) (Wonderboy part 1 where he was dressed as a jungle boy was absolutely crap only the sequels are good!)
Revenge of Shnobi
Alex the Kid
Mortal Kombat 2 and onward (best one on one fighting game)

(other's I can't remember now but I will add later)
It is the burden we must carry!
The Wrap Trail is still hot and it will lead us back to Enterprise!
Were steppin Up a Level for the silver will never settle Enterprise is taking the Gold Medal!
Season 5 will prevail!

#35 Enterprise Best Trek Ever!

Commodore

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 07:55 AM

The video game franchise without any doubt is SONIC THE HEDGEHOG!

My favourite games and the best games of all time are:

Sonic the Hedgehog (all of them even the lastest one but the old school was rock! Except Sonic Spinball, they shouldn't have made it, sonic rules!)
Starcraft and Starcraft: Brood Wars rules!
Warcraft III: Reign of Choas and Frozen Throne
Wonder Dragon's Trap
Wonderboy In Monsterland (Part 2)
Wonderboy 3: The Dragon's Trap
Wonderboy in MonsterWorld (On mega drive or for US Gensis) (Wonderboy part 1 where he was dressed as a jungle boy was absolutely crap only the sequels are good!)
Revenge of Shnobi
Alex the Kid
Mortal Kombat 2 and onward (best one on one fighting game)

(other's I can't remember now but I will add later)
Were steppin Up a Level for the silver will never settle Enterprise is taking the Gold Medal!
Season 5 will prevail!

#36 Enterprise Best Trek Ever!

Commodore

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 01:28 AM

I forgot to include:

Mortal Kombat 2 and 3 and most of the other MK's. It's the best one v one fighting game ever made.
Season 5 will prevail!

#37 Darth Paris

Darth Paris

Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:19 PM

The Lengend or Lengendary Wonderboy (Part 2)

View Post

That title sounds rather uhh... strange.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Remember The USS Cole, London, Bali, Madrid, Tunisia, Kenya and Tanzania, Riyadh, Amman, 9/11: New York, The Pentagon, and Pennsylvania

#38 Dramidia

Dramidia

3rd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 08:09 AM

So usually I play StarCraft, WarIII, or WoW. But also try to get time in for Final Fantasy, Neverwinter Nights, KoToR (1 or 2).

But seeing as this is a Star Trek forum ;);) I'll have to also include Star Trek: 25th Anniversary, Star Trek: Judgement Rites, and Star Trek TNG: A Final Unity. All great games ahead of their time (and now broken because Microsoft hates DOS).

#39 Enterprise Best Trek Ever!

Commodore

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 05:16 AM

That title sounds rather uhh... strange.

View Post

Yes you are right. I was way off the mark, I was thinking about the best equipment in wonderboy. I mean Wonderboy In Monsterland. And I'd also like to add Wonder 3: The Dragon's Trap, how cool was that! It's the one where you get cursed and turned into a lizard, hawk, lion, mouse and so forth.
Season 5 will prevail!

#40 Enterprise Best Trek Ever!

Commodore

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 05:26 AM

Wonderboy In Monsterland is on sega master system and Wonderboy in MonsterWorld is on gensis, where the last boss is in outer space. They're both excellent but MonsterWORLD is better.

Has anyone heard about Shadow the Hedgehog. It's the lastest game in the sonic franchise. It looks so cool. You can pick weapons and guns, it's got really good storylines that can go in many directions all with different endings.

I really want to play Starcraft: Ghost. Has anyone played it? Do you like it?
Season 5 will prevail!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users