Call of Duty 4

10 replies to this topic

#1 eliteone

eliteone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:12 PM

Who has it and what do you think of it. I'm running 3 servers for it presently (2 in the US and 1 in the UK)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Stop by for a game if you have it.
We also run a [SFI] Sunday Showdown where we change the FFA server to various gametypes (new type each week) For details visit the SFI forum at SFI Clan Forum

elitebang.jpg
userbarz.gif

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Cougar

Cougar

fsfafsfdyryrhgf

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 24,610 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:32 PM

I have it for the 360.

Posted Image

"We're not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department. We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people."
- Gen Hillier, Chief of the Defence Staff

#3 Jacket

Jacket

Commander

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • Location:Shepshed, England, United Kingdom, Earth, Sol System, Sector 001, Alpha Quadrant

Posted 21 April 2008 - 04:40 PM

same here. its awesome.
'beam me up, scotty, her husband's coming!'

Posted Image

#4 IndyV72

IndyV72

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:20 PM

I got it on release day for the PC (I'm a big MOH and CoD fan) but after a few months I un-installed it because I became bored of it quickly.

"It's not easy being green..."
...But at least I have my Fedora and whip to make it easier!

Posted Image

#5 Melvin

Melvin

Eternal Pretend Dollar Debtor

• Members
  • 11,581 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:50 PM

Nothing against the game, but I got tired of it quickly, too. Nothing bad intended, I played through the story multiple times and played multiplayer for some time (and it was amazingly fun), but I overplayed the original and then, right on the heels of that (we're talking a day or two later), I bought United Offensive and overplayed that. Now, CoD multiplayer is only fun for me in short bursts. Although they did an amazing job fixing mutliplayer from CoD 2.
My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die. -Bob Marley
The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel. -Horace Walpole
Experience teaches us that silence terrifies people the most. -Bob Dylan
Everyone dies but not everyone lives. -A. Sachs
This is the way the world ends / Not with a bang, but with a whimper -T.S. Eliot
The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I? Light up the darkness. -Bob Marley

A ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

#6 IndyV72

IndyV72

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:13 AM

Nothing against the game, but I got tired of it quickly, too. Nothing bad intended, I played through the story multiple times and played multiplayer for some time (and it was amazingly fun), but I overplayed the original and then, right on the heels of that (we're talking a day or two later), I bought United Offensive and overplayed that. Now, CoD multiplayer is only fun for me in short bursts. Although they did an amazing job fixing mutliplayer from CoD 2.

UO was the best! I loved that. I like being able to use vehicles. That's why I played BF2 for well over 1200 hours.

"It's not easy being green..."
...But at least I have my Fedora and whip to make it easier!

Posted Image

#7 Melvin

Melvin

Eternal Pretend Dollar Debtor

• Members
  • 11,581 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 12:10 AM

BF2 was amazingly fun as well. IMO, some of the maps were too big, but nothing beats going spec ops, hopping in an airplane, and just strafing the enemy bases for about ten minutes before you get shot down and have to pull some insane behind enemy lines Saving Private Ryan phlox. I've never gotten so many knife kills :lol:

UO was also fun as hell. I've also got some pretty vivid memories of two other guys and I in a jeep being sprayed with bullets and chased by tanks for about three minutes. Ultimately, our gunner got shot through the head by a luck MP44 shot (they never did fix the insane accuracy of that thing. so cheap...), and a tank blast came just a little too close, offed the guy in the passenger seat and nearly taking me out. I had to abandon ship and hide in a barn after that. Let's just say it took about three seconds for the Germans to find me. Never did make it back to friendly lines...
My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die. -Bob Marley
The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel. -Horace Walpole
Experience teaches us that silence terrifies people the most. -Bob Dylan
Everyone dies but not everyone lives. -A. Sachs
This is the way the world ends / Not with a bang, but with a whimper -T.S. Eliot
The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I? Light up the darkness. -Bob Marley

A ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

#8 Ben_Jamin

Ben_Jamin

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:31 AM

I have it on 360 and am getting the game of the year edition for my ps3 today, I don't want world at war, I prefer modern or futuristic shooters, hence why I love MGS.

That said, I found CoD 4 a bit easy in the story mode, I completed 3 quarters of the game when I rented it from Blockbuster for a week. I know that there are shorter shooters but CoD 4 just seemed too unoriginal, it was like any other game about fighting terrorism. I am hoping Modern Warfare 2 will be better with a more original storyline.
http://ds-10.starfleetuk.org <--- USS Paladin, Sovereign Class, Obsidian Fleet
http://anne.epsilonf...x.php?page=main <--- USS Anne, Ambassador Class, Epsilon Force

"A Female's in the House, She Must be Mounted." - Alan Harper About Charlie Harper's sleeping with Judith's new sister-in-law, Two and a Half Men

#9 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:38 PM

United Offensive was the peak of the series, if you ask me. I kept expecting them to bring vehicles back but it never happened. And my UO disk is scratched :( and I'm not sure if enough people still play to warrant a new buy. I know a lot of people still played the original when 2 came out, but we're on 5 now, so...
That, and I'm not sure that I want to spoil all the good memories.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#10 jonathan

jonathan

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:47 AM

awesome game!!!

#11 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:52 AM

awesome game!!!

Agree with you,this game really very awesome.I like "Call of duty-4" 2007 year.I remember how was hard walk mission where was rocket mine and very many enemy warriors.Good effects and action scenes,even have multiplayer on 32 people.

Edited by Beast Boy, 19 February 2012 - 10:54 AM.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users