Photo

Favorite "Finale" Season

33 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite "Finale" Season (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of the Trek series "finale" seasons did you like the most?

1. The Original Series (Season 3) (1 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

2. The Next Generation (Season 7) (3 votes [9.68%])

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

3. Deep Space Nine (Season 7) (9 votes [29.03%])

Percentage of vote: 29.03%

4. Voyager (Season 7) (9 votes [29.03%])

5. Enterprise (Season 4) (9 votes [29.03%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 marty

marty

Commodore

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 04:25 PM

I'd have to go with TNG. I'm not that fond of All Good Things, but I did enjoy that year.

#22 JayTheTrekkie

JayTheTrekkie

Commodore

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:27 AM

I went for the Finale of Voyager in season 7. Why? Because Voyager got home! :D

Posted Image

#23 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,455 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 05:12 AM

I thought the final season of Voyager was the best.
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#24 catflap

catflap

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:35 PM

hi everyone. it's been a while since i was here - probably the last time was a few years ago during the "Save Enterprise" crusade.

i was going to post a separate thread, but i wasn't sure where to put it. and then i saw this one which seems to fit best.

i have all of the five recent fan collective box sets: borg, time travel, klingon, Q, and now captain's log.

i think except for TOS, all of the other series' final episodes are included in these sets.

my favorite set is the borg one because it captures many of the most important borg encounters, starting with Enterprise's first known encounter and continues in chronological order (not episodic order), although i learned a lot about klingons with the klingon set.

in this poll i voted for Voyager. i think Voyager had the most exciting finale of all the series, and series seven was an excellent series in general because it didn't get lost and veer off from their goal of getting home.

to me, Voyager and Enterprise are very special. i think they both show a lot of creativity and imagination on the production and scripts, and seemed less like soap operas than did TNG and DS9.

i've always liked TNG a lot, but not a whole lot about DS9. i think the DS9 and Enterprise finales were very anti-climatic. i recently watched them on the captain's log set.

i'm not sure i've seen all of DS9, but i really didn't like the episodes that dealt with the underworld, or parallel universe storylines, or whatever they were meant to be. there just seemed to be too much going on in DS9 until they started concentrating on the war.

the fire cave sequence in the DS9 finale was a letdown, imo. it seemed like an afterthought where nothing much happened or was revealed. and having sisko die (but not die) was just too confusing and open-ended, unnecessary, and a ...(i can't think of the word i need). but it just didn't live up to expectations.

and i'm sure it's been debated here many times, but the Enterprise finale was 1) too short; and 2) confusing. i don't think trip should have died. i recall an earlier episode which took place in the future and showed that trip and t'pol had married and had had children. so how could he have died? it was nice to see riker and troi again, and that idea was also a good one, but i think the finale should have been longer, which might have made it less confusing to me. i also would like to have heard archer's speech, especially - but not only - because they spent a considerable amount of time wondering what he would say. so i think the Enterprise finale was also anti-climatic.

to me Enterprise is also special because it chronicals the first missions of the ship and acts as a good backdrop or lead-in to TOS.

but somehow Voyager is very dear to me. i can't really explain it very well, but the concept of them being like a lost little fish in a large pond of sharks, together with their instinct for survival, endeared me to them. all of the characters were interesting as were the plotlines and subplots. except i didn't much care for the back story of chakotay's native american spirit guide episodes. but i can overlook that. :) even the finale was centered around a real finale showdown, correcting wrongs and clearing things up for the viewer.

as a small note: since the complete box sets are quite expensive, a good suggestion for interested people is to get the smaller fan collective sets. the dvd extras in the klingon and captain's log are very good, although the other sets basically have no extras except for audio commentaries.

Edited by catflap, 18 September 2007 - 03:43 PM.

#25 Gummy

Gummy

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 05:10 PM

I really loved the 4th season of ENT. With the exception of the final episode. I think that the cast got screwed and upstaged by Riker and Troi.
Posted Image

#26 catflap

catflap

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:50 PM

yes, i also enjoyed the 4th series of Enterprise. it was becoming very interesting compelling and like everyone else, i was really shocked and upset it was canceled. i still can't believe it.

i really thought they would continue with films. at least it could have helped keep the franchise alive. i'm getting tired of ST going backwards. from TNG to Enterprise. now they're going back to before TOS into kirk's and spock's early years at the academy (at least, that's what i think i read somewhere). i've had enough of kirk and spock and at this time i'm not looking forward to the new film.

there must be stories they can tell about ST between the time of Enterprise and TOS. or even after TNG and Voyager.

#27 Gummy

Gummy

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:52 AM

yes, i also enjoyed the 4th series of Enterprise. it was becoming very interesting compelling and like everyone else, i was really shocked and upset it was canceled. i still can't believe it.

i really thought they would continue with films. at least it could have helped keep the franchise alive. i'm getting tired of ST going backwards. from TNG to Enterprise. now they're going back to before TOS into kirk's and spock's early years at the academy (at least, that's what i think i read somewhere). i've had enough of kirk and spock and at this time i'm not looking forward to the new film.

there must be stories they can tell about ST between the time of Enterprise and TOS. or even after TNG and Voyager.

Actually, no one is sure about what the movie's plot or storyline will be. This is a well-kept secret.
Posted Image

#28 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,555 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 09:27 AM

Actually, no one is sure about what the movie's plot or storyline will be. This is a well-kept secret.

Except that it takes place during the TOS-era. That's fairly clear.

Leverage.jpg
Leverage -- All Five Seasons Now on DVD

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#29 JayTheTrekkie

JayTheTrekkie

Commodore

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 11:51 AM

Ya, seems like they are keeping it quiet....also, pics (other than the poster we have seen).

We haven't got to 2008 yet either so we got a long ways to go before we see pics and trailers :P

Posted Image

#30 Gummy

Gummy

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 02:04 PM

Ya, seems like they are keeping it quiet....also, pics (other than the poster we have seen).

We haven't got to 2008 yet either so we got a long ways to go before we see pics and trailers :P

They haven't even started Principle Photography (aka Filming) yet. That's supposed to begin in October or November.
Posted Image

#31 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:03 PM

hi everyone. it's been a while since i was here - probably the last time was a few years ago during the "Save Enterprise" crusade.

Save Enterprise hasn't ended. Feel free to drop by we've got a lot of things going on. :)

#32 mrose2010

mrose2010

Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:59 PM

I would have to say that VOY was my favorite "finale" season.

#33 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:58 AM

I only watched the final season of TNG and i like it.

#34 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:56 AM

I vote for "Star Trek:Deep Space Nine" season 7. My favorite episodes in the seventh season are "Inter arma enim silent leges","The dogs of war","What you live behind".

The final episode looks like is pretty good. In the seventh season have action,drama,thriller.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users