11 replies to this topic

#1 Kathryn Janeway

Kathryn Janeway

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

Hi,

As a Voyager fan, I decided to try my hand at writing a Janeway/Chakotay "Resolutions" fic (eh...I know it's overdone, but I wanted to try regardless). I am having one issue though...since I usually only post my fanfics on www.fanfiction.net, I am unsure where else people usually post their Star Trek fics? I am fairly new to this fandom. I do see a LOT of fanfiction sites dedicated to Star Trek: Voyager, and also specifically for Janeway/Chakotay fics, but I am unsure how to submit to those sites.

Anywho, if you are a Janeway/Chakotay fan, feel free to read and review my fic here:
http://www.fanfictio...56/1/A-New-Life

Right now, it is only 1 chapter, but I want to make it much longer (maybe 20 chapters).
It is rated M and I wouldn't suggest reading it if you are not a fan of the J/C pairing.

To those who are, feel free to drop a review on fanfiction.net.

Thanks!
Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Ezri Dax

Ezri Dax

Captain

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

There are number of Star Trek sites! True, this is not the most active one with the internet. But, I do not care to much when there is over a 1,000 postings within one day on a site as I get lost to find stuff. So, this place is as good as the rest. Even with alot of postings per-day, only a few people really put eyes on your page.

#3 Kathryn Janeway

Kathryn Janeway

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

So where do you guys usually post at when you write a Star Trek fanfic? On here mostly?
Posted Image

#4 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,153 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

PM Jespah or Kirok, we have TUPublishing.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#5 Kathryn Janeway

Kathryn Janeway

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

PM Jespah or Kirok, we have TUPublishing.

Ok.
Does a story have to be completed before publishing here or is there a function to update chapter by chapter as you write it? That's what I am used to on fanfiction.net haha. Just wondering.
Posted Image

#6 jespah

jespah

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

• Global Moderators
  • 4,918 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

It's probably best if you post it here as entries, with 1 chapter/entry. That way, you can polish it and can go on - you wouldn't have to be finished in order to put it here.

We do publish - this is our main page - http://www.tupub.net/ - but we won't publish WIP, and we don't take everything we're sent.

Honk if you love silence.

Published author, Trek Citizen and not much bigger than a bread box

Untrustworthy-medium.jpg    banner-ezri.jpg

#7 JHauck

JHauck

Ensign

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

What pen-name would you like to publish under or would you rather use your real name on your e-book novel cover? I like making them as a boredom project.
Posted Image

#8 JHauck

JHauck

Ensign

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:38 AM

http://www.fanfictio...56/1/A-New-Life

Posted Image

Edited by JHauck, 18 March 2013 - 12:38 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Kathryn Janeway

Kathryn Janeway

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

Oh...on Fanfiction.net, that is my pen name, but only because when I was like 17 (er...10 years ago?) I loved Gilmore Girls and Lorelai is a character.

I am not sure what pen name I would use for trek... good question.

Anyway thank you! That is really cool.

Edited by Kathryn Janeway, 19 March 2013 - 09:46 AM.

Posted Image

#10 JHauck

JHauck

Ensign

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:17 AM

I take commissions / donations toward my art & my community activities here in Surrey B.C. Check out my links & see if you like what you read.

https://fundrazr.com...29c48912dbae4e1

http://www.gofundme.com/27n7i8
Posted Image

#11 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:17 PM

It's probably best if you post it here as entries, with 1 chapter/entry. That way, you can polish it and can go on - you wouldn't have to be finished in order to put it here.

We do publish - this is our main page - http://www.tupub.net/ - but we won't publish WIP, and we don't take everything we're sent.

Jespah is right, our time and resources are limited so we can't publish everything, but we look at everything and offer ConCrit privately, if we can, to help you. I'd even go so far as to point you in the direction of one of the dedicated J/C centred forums if you like the support and critique of people who like the same pairing. Unfortunately we don't get the same traffic around here that we used to and I'd hate to see you lose the drive to complete your project. As regards to *how*, just do exactly what you've done here: register, introduce yourself and ask for help. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to well a new talent.

Jespah is our resident expert on adult fiction, she's currently canvassing for short stories for a sequel to this...

Posted Image

If you're on Facebook, check out our new TU Publishing page that delivers a wide range of news for readers and writers of fan fiction. See you 'round the traps!

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#12 jespah

jespah

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

• Global Moderators
  • 4,918 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

Pssst I have all the stories I need for #2 but I bet there will be an Anthology #3! :)

Honk if you love silence.

Published author, Trek Citizen and not much bigger than a bread box

Untrustworthy-medium.jpg    banner-ezri.jpg

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users