New "Starship Exeter" Begins Internet release

10 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis

Dennis

Ensign

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:55 PM

(July 1, 2005) — The first part of Starship Exeter: The Tressaurian Intersection has been released and can be downloaded at www.starshipexeter.com. The entire episode will be released in serial format and distributed via the Internet over the next several weeks.

Tressaurian Intersection features James Culhane as Captain John Quincy Garrovick of the Federation starship Exeter, Holly Guess as Jo Harris, Michael Buford as Cutty and Joshua Caleb as the Andorian communications officer B’Fuselek as well as Elizabeth Wheat as Vandi Richards and Gary Peters as Kosnett.

The video was produced by Jimm Johnson, Josh Johnson and Joel Sarchet, directed by Portland, Oregon resident Scott Cummins and written by Dennis Russell Bailey. It continues the deep-space adventures of the crew of the U.S.S. Exeter, introduced in Starship Exeter: The Savage Empire.

Upon its initial release in December of 2002, Savage Empire attracted attention and praise from genre and mainstream press outlets both online and in print.
USA Today hailed it as “A fine example of the heights that can be reached in online productions”, while the SCI FI Channel's online news service called it “better than some of the ‘official’ Trek that's been produced”, adding that “Everything about the episode broadcasts authenticity”.

A mention of The Savage Empire on www.slashdot.org in January of 2003 resulted in an upsurge of demand so great that Apple Inc., which hosts www.starshipexeter.com, had to shut the site down for six hours while mirror download servers were set up.

Starship Exeter is an Exeter Studio production. Exeter Studio is a non-profit corporation organized in the State of Texas for the purpose of creating science fiction, fantasy, and mystery stories for development as independent film, video, and audio presentations.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 CessnaDriver

CessnaDriver

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 01:45 AM

The first release looks great. Thing have improved greatly since the first one. Now must wait for the rest. Sigh.
Letters Division Member

Kirk: I take it the odds are against us and the situation is grim.
Picard: You could say that.
Kirk: You know, if Spock were here, he'd say that I was an irrational, illogical human being by taking on a mission like that. Sounds like fun!

#3 Darth Paris

Darth Paris

Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 11:51 AM

Looks sweet. I will wait until the whole thing is released though.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Remember The USS Cole, London, Bali, Madrid, Tunisia, Kenya and Tanzania, Riyadh, Amman, 9/11: New York, The Pentagon, and Pennsylvania

#4 smiler

smiler

Online Advertising Design Team

• Members
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 02:12 PM

I just went to Exeter for the first time and have to agree the first one was a warm up but the firts part of this new story is greatly improved (Love the crashed planet scenes - some promising effect work going on there).

:D
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Kuro-chan

Kuro-chan

Master Rank Designer

• VIP
  • 220 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 05:19 PM

I wished there were more scorched marks on the hull, but I was still shocked and impressed by the whole concept. If that ship went down, what chance does the Exeter have?
- Kuro-chan, the purple-haired, rank-making... Person! ^^

Posted Image

#6 Darth Paris

Darth Paris

Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 10:03 PM

I wish they would release a DVD image file of it. They could plant it on bittorent and it would spread like wildfire.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Remember The USS Cole, London, Bali, Madrid, Tunisia, Kenya and Tanzania, Riyadh, Amman, 9/11: New York, The Pentagon, and Pennsylvania

#7 Tom

Tom

TrekUnited Owner & Co-Founder

• Managment
  • 4,845 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:20 PM

Is there any official representive of this project on this board? If so I would like to talk to him about promotions and other things.

TrekUnited - Owner & Co-Founder

Co-Producer of Star Trek: Renegades and Renegades: The Requiem.

GalacticaBBS.com - Owner

"To boldly do what no one has done before..."

#8 Darth Paris

Darth Paris

Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 06:27 PM

I don't think I have seen anyone offical. You should invite them.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Captain Hunter

Captain Hunter

Deputy Director

• VIP
  • 440 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 11:46 AM

I think you'll find Dennis, above, counts as an "official representative.". ;)
Posted Image

#10 CessnaDriver

CessnaDriver

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 12:53 PM

The release of act one is running late.

Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahbhhhnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Letters Division Member

Kirk: I take it the odds are against us and the situation is grim.
Picard: You could say that.
Kirk: You know, if Spock were here, he'd say that I was an irrational, illogical human being by taking on a mission like that. Sounds like fun!

#11 Captain Hunter

Captain Hunter

Deputy Director

• VIP
  • 440 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 02:05 PM

There's an annoucnement about this on the Exeter site. Act one has been delayed so they can finish up some effects shots. It shouldn't be any longer than a week.
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users