Finds? What to call 'filler' dramas.

1 reply to this topic

#1 barbreader

barbreader

Deputy Director

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:38 PM

Last fall, I started the practice of using 'filler' to my Headline News at Star Trek Reviewed. To qualify as a real Headline, a film must be recently released, over 10 minutes in length, and tell a full story. But as the website grew, it become more and more unreasonable to think fan film fans who wanted to watch later-found or lesser films would scan what is now over 300 pages looking for them. So, starting last August, I started making a list of newly added material that did not qualify as a Headline, and started featuring bits under Headline News in weeks with no legitimate headlines.

I started with what I called, "Spooftaculars", comedy and parodies which are often done as one-shots and posted, let alone found, years after completion. More recently I added "Featured Go!Animators," many of whom produce many works under 10 minutes, others of whom I will probably feature as a group as they produce so little.

But I am now looking at the other, dramatic findings. I am trying to find a word that will tell my readers that this is NOT a standard headline for a new release. I'm considering calling them "Finds" which is broad enough to include both short, older standard fan films and Trekkie, Trekker, and general fandom films. "Finds" does not have the 'fun' element of Spooftacular, though.

I am posting to ask other people's opinions on this (admitted not earth-shaking) matter.

Edited by barbreader, 02 May 2012 - 12:39 PM.

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Guest_tinacasting_*

Guest_tinacasting_*

• Guests

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

Hey, do you know any Star Trek collectors?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users