Trek United Adult Trek Anthology

4 replies to this topic

#1 jespah

jespah

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

• Global Moderators
  • 4,918 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

TrekUnited publishing has been ePublishing quality Star Trek fan fiction for over a year now, during which time we have successfully experimented with a variety of media - graphic novels, pdf paperbacks and even Fotonovels! However we have had particularly good feedback on our series of pdf Trekzines, "Personal Logs", an anthology of Star Trek, fan produced, short stories backed up with beautiful fan art that is available for browsing and download on the popular Issuu platform.

As part of the 2012 Twelve Trek Days of Christmas, TrekUnited Publishing is planning an anthology of Adult Trek. That means PG-13 and up. Adult Trek can take many forms and need not even be sexually-oriented, as violence can be the reason for a particular rating. Last year, my article about Adult Trek was well-received. But this year we aren't just showing support for Adult Trek we are bringing it out of the shadows and showcasing the best of this year's offerings!

The anthology will come with a built-in warning for readers. Plus it will contain a great deal of internal artwork, in addition to the cover.

We are looking for stories from all of the series, including TAS, plus the films (including the JJ Abrams universe) and original and alternate universes, including the Mirror Universe. We believe in IDIC, so there are no restrictions on pairings, multiples, non-canon characters, slash, etc. The word limit is 10,000 but I'm willing to be flexible.

We are also looking for original artwork to grace both the inside pages and the cover. All stories and all artwork will be properly credited.

Furthermore, we will promote this anthology in our Twitter stream and on Facebook, and will provide information (I'll see about a banner) so that you can create a signature line or the like in order to help generate interest in your work. And the banner is also open to artists if they'd like to try their hand at one.

I am the editor and I am currently unsure of how large the anthology will be. Acceptance will be competitive - we will be publishing submission guidelines shortly - but if the writing community gets behind it, who knows where we might go with it?

Come and be a part of this exciting new work!

Honk if you love silence.

Published author, Trek Citizen and not much bigger than a bread box

Untrustworthy-medium.jpg    banner-ezri.jpg

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:31 AM

Jespah has stepped up to the plate with this one! I am totally happy with her ability to handle the editorial decisions of this issue and I'll just be the "electronic publisher", formatting, uploading and generally ticking the boxes to get it online. It will be competitive because we want to show people the very best of the genre and we don't do vanity publishing. As with all TrekUnited projects, acceptance correspondence is private meaning you have no worries about public rejection so, have a look through your hard drives, sit down and work out for yourself: what would I most like people to see of mine? It could be a classic that has brought you favourable critique... or it could be a wild idea that you've always wanted to see the light of day!

Be adventurous! Be dangerous! Well? Do ya wanna live forever?

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#3 jespah

jespah

• Global Moderators
  • 4,918 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:43 AM

Thanks, Kirok!

Definitely looking forward to seeing what everyone's got. :)

#4 jespah

jespah

• Global Moderators
  • 4,918 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:19 AM

Submission Guide: http://tupub-books.b...sion-guide.html

Selection Criteria: http://tupub-books.b...n-criteria.html

I'd also like to add to the above that you can send me a PM here and I'll give you an email address where you can write to me and send your story and/or artwork file. Or, if we're FB pals, send me a note there and I'll give you my email addy.
Thanks to all! :)

#5 jespah

jespah

• Global Moderators
  • 4,918 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

It's been a labor of love as well as a bit of lust. The Trek United Adult Trek Anthology is finally out! Travel with us, From Quadrant to Quadrant and Person to Person, and prepare to be seduced by Star Trek.

Posted Image

With 315 pages of content, punctuated with beautiful sketches and gorgeous screen captures, not to mention a breathtaking photo manipulated cover, the Anthology is a feast for the eyes and can put you, the reader, right into the action.

Let's look at the individual contributions.

The Alabax 9 Affair
Madison Bruffy's newest contribution asks a question about the Prime Directive. Does it cover a, shall we say, delicate diplomatic situation? Or has Captain James T. Kirk really overstepped his bounds this time?

Last Full Measure
For Lil Black Dog, when does duty end? In the face of impossible adversity, what more can a First Officer do, but show the last full measure of his devotion to his captain?

You Make Me Want to Scream
Who's got a secret powerhouse lover at home? jespah reminds us that sometimes our expectations are unfounded.

One Night on Terok Nor
Rush Limborg follows Garak as he and Ezri Dax work through some difficult memories and, along the way, a state of grace is achieved.

What Lies Within Lies Between
For Jonathan Archer and Trip Tucker, lost memory means that something else bubbles to the surface. How can T'Pol make sense of it all? Pauline Mac explores this fascinating dynamic.

D'Storlin
When a hybrid child is pushed to the limit, a careless mistake, made in a fit of rage, changes his and his tormentor's lives forever. jespah brings the ugliness of bullying to the Trek universe.

A Drone's New Life
When 7 of 9 and the rest of the crew of Voyager make it to Earth, life changes. And, for her, as writer Laura McBride shows, those changes are for the better.

Ripples
What if the events of Amok Time didn't go the way we all know they did? Lil Black Dog returns with an exploration of how things would unfold if Dr. McCoy had not been there.

Milk
Scotty's got a date. And, according to jespah, it's going really, really well.

Anvil of the Gods
Jean-Luc Picard makes the Dominion War come alive as a Vorta learns what some true believers do – that sometimes heroes have feet of clay.

Sorrow, Shared
In the E2 universe, a widowed T'Pol finds herself with a visitor who shares her grief. Honeybee gives readers something to think about.

Artwork
Fantastic artwork graces the Anthology. Bluetiger has captured the true essence of characters, from T'Pol to Scotty. Madison has added a number of promotional materials which have helped to round out this issue and create even more visual appeal.

And then there's the cover ENTAllat's lovely photo manipulated cover brings together disparate elements and conveys the overall theme of the Anthology.

Feedback
We are writers and we are artists and we do it all for your feedback. Did we succeed in our mission? Is there something we missed? We would love to hear from you! Feel free to comment here, or on Issuu itself.

Looking to the Future
Will we do it again? I don't know. A lot of that will depend upon the reception that this, the first edition, garners. But if we do, would you like to write for us? Take a look at our selection criteria. If you'd like to try for a spot – and inclusion is not guaranteed – follow our submission guide. Plus I can be reached here if you have any questions.

Onward, to the stars, and the stars in your eyes, from quadrant to quadrant, and person to person!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users