Knight's Haven

24 replies to this topic

#1 Vaughn

Vaughn

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:48 AM

Knight's Haven, formally known as Star Trek: Knight's Haven, originally debuted in 2006 at virtual network VirtualStarTrek.com, after becoming the first original show to be picked up for production following the launch of the network with its three established shows (Star Trek: Renaissance, Star Trek Frontiers, Star Trek: Star's End). The show was a great success, and quickly gained a large online following (to this day, some fan videos and audios can still be found via google searches).

Unfortunately, production halted during the lead-up to the second season, much around the time that its network ceased to exist. It was during this time that its sister show, Star Trek Frontiers, made the leap to MZPtv, where it still continues to be hosted to this day.

Jump forward to November 2011, and an old friend returns...

Posted Image
based upon Gene Roddenberry's Star Trek

For any human in the 25th century, the ultimate dream is to join Starfleet and explore the final frontier.
One human, Sebastian Knight, had a head start: he was born in space, and raised on a cargo ship.

When he joined Starfleet, Sebastian had all the tools and characteristics he needed to grow into
a successful officer. So why then, almost a decade after leaving his family behind, does he find
himself carrying out mundane tasks such as painting the name onto the hull of the new Enterprise?

Easy answer? He doesn't fit in. Never has, never will.

From birth, Sebastian felt like he was being moulded into something he didn't want to be.
First it was his father, grooming him to inherit the family ship one day, and then it was Starfleet,
trying to turn him into another by-the-book drone. The way Seb see's it, he's his own person,
and lives by his own rules.

So when his world is turned upside down after some bad news from home, Sebastian can see
exactly what is taking place: people are trying to control his life yet again. And as we'll soon learn,
he never responds well to other people trying to shape his destiny.

For 26 years, Sebastian Knight has avoided any kind of responsibility, and coasted through life.
That's all about to change, and for Sebastian and the crew of the cargo ship Haven, things will
never be the same...

Season One returns THURSDAY 17TH NOVEMBER 2011

More information can be found on the MZPtv Forums

Edited by Vaughn, 10 November 2011 - 08:50 AM.

Posted Image
MZPtv - fiction never tasted so good! Join other writers in our online community
dedicated to scripted original, 'Buffyverse', 'Aliasverse' and 'Trekverse' virtual series.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Vaughn

Vaughn

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:33 AM

And here's an interview with the show's creator, Kyle West.

Posted Image
MZPtv - fiction never tasted so good! Join other writers in our online community
dedicated to scripted original, 'Buffyverse', 'Aliasverse' and 'Trekverse' virtual series.

#3 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:40 AM

And here's an interview with the show's creator, Kyle West.

Sorry I didn't catch this earlier - I'm busy little bee at the moment! - I take it from the interview that the first season will be re-released as an updated edition from Kyle? That would be be the best way to re-introduce it to a new audience. Sounds like powerful stuff.

<ghIj qet jaghmeyjaj>
May your enemies run with fear

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#4 Vaughn

Vaughn

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:37 PM

Indeed, he's been beavering away on edited drafts of Season 1. Not massively changed as he and his team are generally happy with their work, but there's always room for the odd tweak and the odd caught typo.

Posted Image

#5 KWest

KWest

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:53 PM

Big thanks to Vaughn for drawing attention to our little show :) For anyone interested, we launched the show yesterday, and our first two episodes are now available for download. Details on both are below, and I look forward to any and all comments that people have to offer, either here or at MZP-TV.CO.UK.

Posted Image

Written by Kyle West

When the deadly Orion Syndicate target his family, Sebastian Knight has no choice
but to return to the home he swore he'd never go back to: the old, and battered, cargo
ship named Haven. Little does he know that his life, and the lives of those around him,
are about to change forever...

(Airdate: 17th November 2011)

Posted Image

Written by Kyle West

Haven hasn't had a paid job in weeks, meaning supplies are starting to run low.
Sebastian knows a way to fix this, but first he needs to convince his new crew
to go along with his less than angelic plan...

(Airdate: 18th November 2011)

#6 KWest

KWest

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:23 PM

NEW EPISODE!!! Enjoy.

Posted Image

Written by Jon van Pelt

Sebastian is forced to deal with the consequences of his raid on Grildera, whilst Alun throws everyones lives into danger in an attempt to help his daughter.

(Airdate: 25th November 2011)

#7 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,153 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:48 AM

Thanks Kyle. :thumbsup:

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#8 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:53 AM

NEW EPISODE!!! Enjoy.

Read through the first episode and I won't give anything away but, yeah, its a great read!

Part of it might have been the fascination of reading what amounts to a movie/TV script and how it stands up as an experience in itself. To the traditionalist it is something of a "short cut" to tell a story in two seperate streams, the audio visual scene setting and the dialogue, but you could say the same about a graphic novel, or an animation or a live action film for that matter, all of which are accepted as legitimate storytelling media.

I would go so far as to say that a traditional novel with narative - description and exposition - can be prettier and more artistic, however for a short story series like these, this format is more efficient and effective in that you can convey the scene in fewer words.

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#9 KWest

KWest

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:27 AM

Bill, no problem!

Kirok, I've spent more than a decade dealing with scripts, be they for the stage, short films, or a VS medium like this. At this point, I can visualise a script in my head better than I can a novel...that's just how i've trained my brain to work. So, I wouldn't call scripts a short cut to writing...just rather a style that requires more thought on behalf of the reader ;)

#10 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:16 AM

Bill, no problem!

Kirok, I've spent more than a decade dealing with scripts, be they for the stage, short films, or a VS medium like this. At this point, I can visualise a script in my head better than I can a novel...that's just how i've trained my brain to work. So, I wouldn't call scripts a short cut to writing...just rather a style that requires more thought on behalf of the reader ;)

I think it depends on how the stage directions are worded. In your Virtual series they are as elegent as the dialogue, as some shooting scripts can be, but others can be less so, being a working document that focusses on the instructions needed for the actors and crew. There's a subtle difference that makes the difference between a scripted fiction that is accessable to John Q. Public and a libretto or <shudder> an audio drama script.

Posted Image

#11 KWest

KWest

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:28 AM

Posted Image

Written by Jon van Pelt
and Adam Murray Briggs

The presence of a high-ranking Starfleet officer threatens to cause Sebastian’s first
cargo-hauling job unnecessary complications, while a guest onboard Haven claims to
know Nareena from a time before she joined the crew. An encounter in a bar
has a lasting effect on Reem...

(Airdate: 2nd December 2011)

Official Discussion

#12 KWest

KWest

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:45 AM

Posted Image

Written by Adam Murray Briggs

Sebastian reluctantly welcomes the crew of the Moscow Sky onto Haven,
but is suspicious of Captain Blazek's intentions. Reem's addiction grows worse,
threatening to disrupt the bonding of the two crews...

(Airdate: 9th December 2011)

#13 KWest

KWest

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:17 PM

Posted Image

Written by Adam Murray Briggs

A battle with an alien vessel leaves Haven stranded in an alien
universe, with time running out for them to escape...

(Airdate: 16th December 2011)

KH is now on its Xmas Break, and will return with all-new episodes from 13th January 2012.

Edited by KWest, 17 December 2011 - 09:29 PM.

#14 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:04 AM

Knight's Haven has signed with a new webseries network! MZP, their last home has decided to re-invent itself as an Indie-only forum which meant that fan produced series such Kyle West's Star Trek based series have to find a new berth. Luckily...

The Entertainment Network to the rescue!
Posted Image
(Click here)

The first episode has already been re-released at TEN where you'll be treated to two episodes per week until we catch up with where the show left off at MZPtv.

K

Posted Image

#15 JHauck

JHauck

Ensign

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 KWest

KWest

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

Haha, Jason - love them! Thanks. If ONLY this was an ongoing book series!

Big thanks to Kirok for updating y'all on the recent changes to the show. Suffice to say, we're really happy at our new home! With that said, there's been a slight change to how we're releasing the show now, so please read on....

Posted Image

Posted Image

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

DISCUSS THE vDVD RELEASE HERE

From birth, Sebastian felt like he was being moulded into something he didn't want to be. First it was his father, grooming him to inherit the family ship one day, and then it was Starfleet,
trying to turn him into another by-the-book drone. The way Seb see's it, he's his own person, and lives by his own rules.

So when his world is turned upside down after some bad news from home, Sebastian can see exactly what is taking place: people are trying to control his life yet again. And as we'll soon learn, he never responds well to other people trying to shape his destiny.

In this vDVD set, Sebastian returns home to Haven, the ship on which he was born and raised. As he tries to adjust to life away from Starfleet, dark forces plot his downfall, and his command decisions affect all those closest to him...

Set contains:

1x01 The Beginning
1x02 The Storm
1x03 The Healers
1x04 The Brotherhood
1x05 The Captain
1x06 The Dragon
1x07 The Woman

#17 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:59 AM

Haha, Jason - love them! Thanks. If ONLY this was an ongoing book series!

Big thanks to Kirok for updating y'all on the recent changes to the show. Suffice to say, we're really happy at our new home! With that said, there's been a slight change to how we're releasing the show now, so please read on....

Smart move!!! You worked hard to acquire a following and it would be a shame to lose them with this changeover. Part of the mystique of the virtual season is the fact that it is released on a regular basis, just like a regular TV programme, and it will be good to see you get back into your swing again.

K

Posted Image

#18 KWest

KWest

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:03 AM

^ Well if all goes according to plan, there should be 13 more episodes released before the end of the year...

#19 JHauck

JHauck

Ensign

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

KWest: find more of my covers here:

http://deepspacearc....arc/home-3.html
Posted Image

#20 KWest

KWest

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

What is on the mysterious data chip his father gave him, and who is David Sahin?

In this vDVD set, Sebastian takes matters into his own hands as he tries to discover the origin of the data chip,
and David Sahin's connection to it. Shocking revelations are revealed about the past of one of Haven's crew, threatening
to tear apart the already fragile relationships onboard the cargo ship.

As Knight's Haven races toward its epic first season finale, Sebastian must decide who is loyal to him, who isn't, and
how far he'll go to help an old friend...

Set contains:

1x08 The Loss
1x09 The Demon
1x10 The Orb
1x11 The Friend
1x12 The Dark

Knight's Haven concludes its first season in
Knight's Haven - Season One Part Three, coming soon...

Edited by KWest, 14 August 2012 - 03:53 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users