9" playmate figures - wrong body type for character

2 replies to this topic

#1 wilsongunn

wilsongunn

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

Hey folks I was wondering if anyone knew about these figures. They are 9" playmates figures of Bele and a Talosian that have the wrong bodies.
It looks like the Bele (stock #65298) has a female body (possibly Troi type body) and the Talosian Stock #65295) has an O'Brien body. I came across them in my Mother's Star Trek collection but I cannot find any info about them. I am sure they are not customs as the boxes are mint and have never been opened. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 DarkGrok

DarkGrok

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

Hey folks I was wondering if anyone knew about these figures. They are 9" playmates figures of Bele and a Talosian that have the wrong bodies.
It looks like the Bele (stock #65298) has a female body (possibly Troi type body) and the Talosian Stock #65295) has an O'Brien body. I came across them in my Mother's Star Trek collection but I cannot find any info about them. I am sure they are not customs as the boxes are mint and have never been opened. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Pics may help

#3 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,153 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:01 AM

I have answered this before. There are collectors who will pay for mismade figures.
For the most part I've been told they really have no additional value.
I have a few figures in my collection that are mismade and some that are mispackaged.

All these action figures are made on an assembly line in China. From the workers point of view its just another head snapped onto another body and the line moves on.
Quality control is not a big factor.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users