• This topic is locked This topic is locked
991 replies to this topic

#461 Kate The Curst

Kate The Curst

Ensign

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

Kate you need to breathe. It seems to me that you have taken on too many things. Something has to give...and it should not be your own sanity. I think, perhaps if you spoke to your bosses and cut back your hours at all of your job/internships just for the month they will help you out. If they do not, you must consider quitting. School is most important of all those things. It will lead to a better job and it is actually your "job" to complete college. I had a very similar situation when I was in college a million moons ago, and my English professor told me to quit my job. I thought he was an idiot. I said to him, "I need the JOB to PAY for your CLASS..." but in the end. If I had just gone to one less concert or bought one less cool outfit and taken time to get to work on his class, I would have been better off. It seems insane when you are inside of the situation, but there are simple solutions.

I've worked in retail as a simple cashier all the way to store manager. If you are a valued employee, they will do what they can to help you. They'll know that you can "pay back" the favor when the semester is over. I'm sure people will be wanting time off over the summer.

As far as cutting. Please don't. Please see your school's councilor. Go to the health center and ask to speak to a therapist or councilor. They will direct you to someone. The attention you seek is not paid for in blood. That is a very tricky situation. You can avoid this painful release and find something out about yourself at the same time. Remember that I said I was a store manager...One of the gals that worked for me had been a cutter. (Strangely enough, she had this really silly ear fetish as well) but she wore lots of bracelets and bandanas tied around her wrists. It was to cover the scars. She had come through that desperate place and to the other side, but the scars are forever. She is a lovely girl inside and out. So are you.

You always, ALWAYS have a place to talk, here. We love all our Trekkie friends.

Now...lets have a nice, silly drink with an umbrella in it and relax.

Thanks. I really mean it. The biggest problem with asking for time off is that I work at two small companies. For a really long time, there were only 4 employees, including the manager. Only two of us were trained to close, (manager doesn't work nights) the other was a day person. Myself and the other closer switched off as much as possible, but she preferred to be there in the day. It's a lot better now though, my pregnant coworker had her baby and she's now back after having her maternity leave. At the other job, I'm the main instructor for the junior program. Whenever I need time off, it creates a whole big mess since the only other girl trained to do my job is also the secretary. (not her exact title, but it sums up what she does.)

I think a lot of things will be better once nationals and finals are over. Nationals are this weekend and once that's over with, things should be smooth sailing. (I hope!) I've already started on next semester's class schedule and I am NOT going to include that cursed internship. *shudders* They don't value me in that program, nor do they value the rest of the marketing department. We all decided to quit once this semester was over.

Now, where are those silly drinks with the umbrellas? :D

#462 trekkin

trekkin

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

I'm glad to hear that you are doing better. Think about the counselor thing...I was a nay-sayer for shrinks and such until my son's ADHD became a major issue. It is really good to go and talk with someone who is only there to give advice and not judgement. It helps you stay honest with yourself. If, as in your current situation, you over-booked yourself and you are furiously struggling to keep your head above water a counselor or clinician or whoever will see that WAY before you are drowning.

That being said, I just filled out the calendar for all the sports events for the next 3 months. Shoot me now...I am sooo overbooked...

AND...I'm dealing with a bunch of stupid *cough* men... I JUST got an e-mail ONE HOUR before practice that the other coach's kid isn't going to practice...so obviously he won't be there either. WTF do these people think? I'll just go out there and coach their kids for them? I can't be the 1st base coach, 3rd base coach, manager and "dug-out Mom" all at the same time. I'm more than pissed off right now. phloxing people.

Well...better get on the stick or I'll be late.
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#463 TeaKirk

TeaKirk

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!

domon_kasshu_by_sailortrekkie92-dajvozc.

#464 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:03 AM

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back on TU.How weather in your city?
In my city very good weather: hot and have some cold wind.Sky is very dark,but i hope that don't will be rain.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#465 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,355 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:05 AM

Oh...mlaz...have you tried melatonin?? That helps my son! It helps you sleep better...so you wake up easier.

have tried it, did not work for me. But they told me its going to get better if the other meds get 'finetuned'

I know I've been gone for a really long time, but I just need to let some of this pressure out.

Posted ImageI think trekkin' gave some great advice. Just hold on Kate, its going to get better if you stay with it, give it time and ask for help.
"Tell me and I'll forget, Show me and I might remember, Involve me and I'll understand"
Posted Image . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Posted Image
"I believe in humanity. We are an incredible species. We're still just a child creature, we're still being nasty to each other, all children go through those phases. We're growing up, we're moving into adolescence now. When we grow up,man,we're going to be something!"Gene Roddenberry 9/4/85

#466 TeaKirk

TeaKirk

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

*walks in*

#467 Kate The Curst

Kate The Curst

Ensign

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

I'm headed out. I've got nationals starting this weekend and have a lot to get caught up on before I go. Wish me luck everyone! I'll let you know how it goes on Wednesday! :D

#468 trekkin

trekkin

• Global Moderators
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

Best of luck kiddo!!

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#469 TeaKirk

TeaKirk

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

#470 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back.Do you played in STO?

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#471 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,355 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

good luck Kate.
"Tell me and I'll forget, Show me and I might remember, Involve me and I'll understand"
Posted Image . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Posted Image
"I believe in humanity. We are an incredible species. We're still just a child creature, we're still being nasty to each other, all children go through those phases. We're growing up, we're moving into adolescence now. When we grow up,man,we're going to be something!"Gene Roddenberry 9/4/85

#472 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

I'm headed out. I've got nationals starting this weekend and have a lot to get caught up on before I go. Wish me luck everyone! I'll let you know how it goes on Wednesday! :D

I too said Good luck.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#473 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,355 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

Posted Image
Weekend !! time to relax, sleep in and... wait, have to run, overbooked on fun things to do. That's so not me.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#474 TeaKirk

TeaKirk

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

*Walks in* My dad is trying to catch a ground squirrel in our garage, geez I hate rodents

#475 trekkin

trekkin

• Global Moderators
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

Posted Image
Weekend !! time to relax, sleep in and... wait, have to run, overbooked on fun things to do. That's so not me.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

:rofl1:

#476 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,355 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

getting ready for elf fantasie fair in the morning.... someone send me some sunshine.
All those people that going to be there all dressed up made such a great effort with their look.

Edited by mlaz, 21 April 2012 - 04:06 PM.

#477 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,455 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:11 AM

*Walks in* My dad is trying to catch a ground squirrel in our garage, geez I hate rodents

Would you like a phaser?
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#478 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

Hope all goes well Kate!:thumbsup:

That could be fun, Elf, set to low stun and watch the critter go.:P

HAPPY EARTH DAY!

I remember what a big deal this was when it started 42 years ago. I don't know if it has the same significance as it did then.
One item I read today was a 1000 volunteers picked up trash around the city yesterday amounting to 30 tons. A good thing.:clap:

Since we are having a dismal weekend in the Northeast I have been cleaning the basement and tossing a lot of junk.
We are having a hazardous waste/ Electronic recycling day in a few weeks and I want to make sure I get it all out of here.

Our daughter is 100% moved back in. Its been interesting to say the least. I may take up real drinking in place of the e-drinking I do here.:nod::cheers:

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#479 TeaKirk

TeaKirk

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! and happy earth day!!!!

#480 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

I haved problem: me on one forum said that i don't correct writing on english language,maybe they are right,i never don't study english gramamr and i here writed messages in random mode.I writed not on english yet on malfunction english. Maybe you say how book on english grammar better buy that can will be correct writing dialogue on this language?

Edited by Beast Boy, 22 April 2012 - 11:53 AM.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users