Need Help

4 replies to this topic

#1 AmeliaCharlotte

AmeliaCharlotte

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

I have no idea whether this is the right place, but it said Fan Fiction so i assumed it is. Thing is, i need some help with my fan fiction story. Here's the overview:
A girl (we'll name her C1) jumps through a gap to an alternate universe to bring back her counterpart, C2, who's suffering from an incurable disease. It's curable in C1's universe but not C2's. C1 takes C2 to her sickbay and get the CMO to keep her there for treatment, then jumps back to live in the other universe instead of C2. No-one must know about the switch or the gap, but in order to keep it all a secret, the CMO will have to lie to her superior officers about it.
What to do?
I was thinking that Q could come along and help her out, but Q doesn't help anyone.
Ideas please?

BTW, this story is set on the USS Enterprise-D. Just thought you'd want to know.
'Time is a companion that goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again.'

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,725 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

Well...Enterprise-D has Beverly at the CMO and she will eventually figure out that C2 is from the alternate universe...even if she can "act" like a regular Federation officer.

I think there should be some sort of plot in the alternate universe that C2 is involved in...(isn't that what they "DO" in the Empire??) and C1 must have a conflict with it. Perhaps Q could play his favorite Devil's Advocate game with her then??
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#3 AmeliaCharlotte

AmeliaCharlotte

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

Ok, something else I need to explain:
-C1's universe is set in the future, like, after Nemesis. C2's is set in the past, somewhere like season 5 or 6 of TNG. Both universes are virtually the same except for the 'time difference'. Both girls are officers.

I've since thought of a solution, but other ideas are welcome :)
'Time is a companion that goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again.'

#4 jespah

jespah

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

• Global Moderators
  • 4,918 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

The ability to jump back and forth needs to be explained as it's a fairly significant plot point. Your gal could be a Q, but that's very deus ex machina. Think of how and why people know about the MU or other alternates and can pass between them. Check Memory Alpha as there are crossings in other series. Just because you're set in the TNG series doesn't mean you can't borrow or modify an earlier means of hopping over and back.

Honk if you love silence.

Published author, Trek Citizen and not much bigger than a bread box

Untrustworthy-medium.jpg    banner-ezri.jpg

#5 JHauck

JHauck

Ensign

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

Does it have to be an Alternate Universe?

Why not a sibling of the main character that's under quarantine on her native homeworld & there's a stigma (much like T'Pol's disease on Enterprise.)

The Prime Directive, among local laws prohibit/complicate treatment of a patient without the patient's consent (as an adult,) or the family's consent (when dealing with minors.) The character is an adult but there are "elements" that would like nothing more than to make an example of the ill patient and take their time & dilute treatments to render them useless.

The main character (C1) recruits her bunk-mates to run interference, allow her to beam down, scan the patient & upload any digital paperwork, & scan medicines on the patients' night-table, treat C2's condition with illegal Federation technology & get back before anyone's wise to the goings-on. Its a bitter plan as it would mean exposing themselves to rat out the medical teams on the patient's homeworld.
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users