Is Exeter still alive?

19 replies to this topic

#1 smiler

smiler

Online Advertising Design Team

• Members
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 02:31 PM

Having been no activity over at starship exeter for what? a year now? I'm wondering if the project has been cancelled.

Does anybody have any info on the conclusion of the latest story?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 05:44 AM

Having been no activity over at starship exeter for what? a year now? I'm wondering if the project has been cancelled.

The Exeter discussion forum - Subspace Bulletin from memory - has recently moved servers and now resides at http://www.unitedwor...orums/index.php where it is called United Worlds.

There has been some concern voiced on the forum itself about the length of time that the final "tweaks" are taking but the latest firm information was a post by Dennis Bailey their writer on March 24th ...

I talked to Jimm last night.

Act Three is very close to ready to go to final sound mixing. All the issues with the act are settled. Right now it's really a question of people finding time in and about their real-life commitments to family, work and other things to give it a push out the door.

Like other folks I'm disappointed that this isn't going faster. I'm a little frustrated by not having better answers for people. That said, I completely respect the priorities of the few people who've put this project as close to the center of their lives and energies as is possible for...what, going on four years now? I've worked hard on this show at times, but a few people have worked far harder, almost every day, for all of that time.

Anyway, I can only say "hang in" for the eleventy-teenth time and hope that folks will.

It will be released eventually. The film, the video exists, all that is required is that it be cleaned up to the satisfaction of the producers and then released. With the material so close to completion i can't see that "The Powers that Be" at Exeter will just walk away from it effectively wasting a large portion of their lives and personal fortunes.

It would be like building a classic car and then abandoning the project when you only had to give it the last coat of polish.

Cheers

Kirok of L'Stok

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#3 Wowbagger

Wowbagger

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:33 PM

Yeah, the Exeter peeps stopped updating their website a year ago--BIG mistake, IMO--but they've put out regular podcasts over iTunes since then. They are definitely still working; I simply wish they made it clearer to people that they were in fact still working, because their site gives zero indication of that.

Oh, and it would be nice if it actually came out sometime. :D The way I see it, though, Exeter is such high-quality stuff... I mean, we wait a year for every episode of New Voyages, right? So why not a little longer for material that is at least twice as good? </editorialize>
Wowbagger: The Once and Future Prophet of Almighty Tim
"Make as much noise as possible!" --Manny Coto. Ah, good times. Does anyone remember Al Vinci?
Listen to the Star Trek: Excelsior audio radio drama extravaganza! www.starshipexcelsior.com!
...because not enough people have used the word "extravaganza" in advertising since the 1890's. I'm bringing extravaganza back.

#4 Pheon

Pheon

Crewman

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:31 PM

The Exeter discussion forum - Subspace Bulletin from memory - has recently moved servers and now resides at http://www.unitedwor...orums/index.php where it is called United Worlds.

There has been some concern voiced on the forum itself about the length of time that the final "tweaks" are taking but the latest firm information was a post by Dennis Bailey their writer on March 24th ...
It will be released eventually. The film, the video exists, all that is required is that it be cleaned up to the satisfaction of the producers and then released. With the material so close to completion i can't see that "The Powers that Be" at Exeter will just walk away from it effectively wasting a large portion of their lives and personal fortunes.

It would be like building a classic car and then abandoning the project when you only had to give it the last coat of polish.

Cheers

Kirok of L'Stok

It makes me wonder what 'tweaks' the word indicates a set of small problems would take so long.

Nevertheless, it's good to hear that things are moving forward and hopefully the subsequent act will be out within a reasonable amount of time following Act Three.

I wonder considering how much trouble they've had if they'll be producing any future episodes?

Posted Image

#5 Captain Hunter

Captain Hunter

Deputy Director

• VIP
  • 440 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 05:21 AM

For those who haven't noticed, Act three has been released.
Posted Image

#6 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 07:12 AM

Check it out HERE

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#7 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

The Amateur Internet Radio DJ

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 08:31 AM

absolutely brilliant stuff to watch, recommend people watch it ASAP

#8 scifib5st

scifib5st

Ensign

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 09:33 AM

:thumbup: Great job by all! What a nice treat. Go back and watch the first two Acts if you have not seen them in awhile. Great use of TOS music with just a little update here and there. I give it :vulcan: :tpol: :trip: :reed: that is four out of four stars.

#9 scifib5st

scifib5st

Ensign

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 02:16 PM

This was posted on Exeter's forum last week. Looks like around Christmas time for Act IV.

"Dennis, others, I watched the rough cut with jimm this weekend.

All in all you can tell that everything is there and that it will be good, and should be done before the end of this year.

Having said that, it is still rough, and needs plenty more tendar love and care to get it to match the quality of the other acts.

on a slightly diffrent note, but still one of interest to exeter fans, Jimm, Mike Buford and myself sat around a few nights ago at a local bar, had a few pitchers of beer, and talked about plans for the next exeter episode!!!!!!!!!!

We have some pretty good ideas and it looks likley that there will be at least one more show, but time will tell on that one.

There, how is that for everyone waiting on an update!!!!!!!!!!

Now get out there on the net and get me the phone number of that hot andorian chick!!!!!!! LOL

ok, later folks

Posted Image"

#10 Chroniton

Chroniton

Ensign

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:40 PM

Christmas has passed and no Act 4... Maybe Exeter is dead.
The next episode I think was called, "The Atlantis Invaders". The concept art on Exeter Studio looked good too... :(

Edited by Chroniton, 07 January 2009 - 04:42 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Dark Frontier Production Advisor
Unofficial Star Trek: Protector Production Advisor
Starship Excelsior Promotional Graphics
Star Trek Requirius Production Advisor and Graphic Designer
Trek fan fiction writer: Welcome to Romulus and Temporal Cold War Factions.

#11 Captain Hunter

Captain Hunter

Deputy Director

• VIP
  • 440 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:33 PM

Christmas has passed and no Act 4... Maybe Exeter is dead.
The next episode I think was called, "The Atlantis Invaders". The concept art on Exeter Studio looked good too... :(

Exeter isn't dead, they just haven't released it yet because they're still working on it. Jimm simply doesn't believe in saying anything unless he has something worth saying, and at this point it's still just a case of "when it's ready." For the record, they stated a while back that Act IV wouldn't be out last year.

Atlantis Invaders was supposed to be shot at the same time as The Tressaurian Intersection, but apparently proved impractical. If another episode is made, current word is that it's unlikely to be The Atlantis Invaders.
Posted Image

#12 Chroniton

Chroniton

Ensign

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:03 PM

Well thats allowed us to have a little hope anyway. i like exeter don't get me wrong the TOS style promotional graphics and concept drawings look like they came straight out of Matt Jeffries design book which is excellent! The sets too are a really good job to.

#13 Captain Hunter

Captain Hunter

Deputy Director

• VIP
  • 440 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:16 PM

For what it's worth, I've never been concerned in any way shape or form that Exeter wouldn't deliver. I've spoken to Jimm and Josh on and off over the years, and trust their ability, integrity, and their desire to deliver the best story they can. That they are taking their time doesn't worry me a bit.
Posted Image

#14 KeithAppeal

KeithAppeal

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 04:00 PM

For what it's worth, I've never been concerned in any way shape or form that Exeter wouldn't deliver. I've spoken to Jimm and Josh on and off over the years, and trust their ability, integrity, and their desire to deliver the best story they can. That they are taking their time doesn't worry me a bit.

I would be inclined to agree...except that EXETER.COM and EXETERSTUDIOS.COM are now both offline. Does anyone have any insights? Does anyone have Act 4?

Edited by KeithAppeal, 18 January 2009 - 04:02 PM.

#15 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:59 AM

I would be inclined to agree...except that EXETER.COM and EXETERSTUDIOS.COM are now both offline. Does anyone have any insights? Does anyone have Act 4?

The discussion on the TrekBBS is optimistic that this is just a glitch. I thought at first that the forum at UnitedWorlds was down as well but evidently you can't access it directly, only from the Star Ship Polaris website.

I would find it hard to believe that Jim & Josh would NOT release the last act of Exeter - they've just got such a massive investment of their lives in it. There would have to be a major reason to give it all up when from what I hear the hold-up is that they are not satisfied with the quality of the act as it stands. Surely they'd still work on finishing it?

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#16 Chroniton

Chroniton

Ensign

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:59 AM

Is Exeter still alive, no.
Is there a act 4? Doubtful.

#17 hudson

hudson

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:47 AM

Is Exeter still alive, no.
Is there a act 4? Doubtful.

Yes and yes, it's just not out yet.

#18 Chroniton

Chroniton

Ensign

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:43 PM

How many years? :)

2005 to 2009 (roughly), and with both sites offline it's fair to say it's loooong gone.

Edited by Chroniton, 02 March 2009 - 12:45 PM.

#19 hudson

hudson

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:29 PM

How many years? :)

2005 to 2009 (roughly), and with both sites offline it's fair to say it's loooong gone.

I believe the sites are back

#20 Chroniton

Chroniton

Ensign

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:20 PM

But no act 4 for years.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users