Dr. Who?

4 replies to this topic

#1 trekkin

trekkin

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 01:28 AM

Okay...so watched the first half of the season finale. Hey..NO SPOILERS....

What do we think of our latest Doctor?

Personally, I think he's great. I love how dark and sardonic the whole thing is. The show had become a bit too palsy walsy for me...But then again...I always liked David Tennant and Catherine Tate together.

Dish...

"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,355 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:57 PM

for my taste garibaldi plays it  to theatrical. Bit like the Sixth Doctor,  portrayed by Colin Baker doctor . The odd thing is that was my favorite doctor in the past. Now I love the david and matt version of the doctor... and their companions. 

"Tell me and I'll forget, Show me and I might remember, Involve me and I'll understand"
Posted Image . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Posted Image
"I believe in humanity. We are an incredible species. We're still just a child creature, we're still being nasty to each other, all children go through those phases. We're growing up, we're moving into adolescence now. When we grow up,man,we're going to be something!"Gene Roddenberry 9/4/85

#3 trekkin

trekkin

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:44 PM

I kinda like how snarly this new doctor is. He says things like, "Your face is too round." and gruff stuff like that. I appreciate the darker tone. Eccelston's 9th doctor was pretty harsh as well. At this point, I think I prefer his doctor the most. (Then again, I loved Tennant...and The Donna) but you know, it is really like Star Trek in that I end up just liking everything, flaws and all.

I don't have much to say about the earlier doctors. You had to live closer to a major city when I was a kid to be able to actually SEE these eps. Yeah, I could tune in the PBS channel from Boston, but it was a very poor picture and the show was very dark. Cable would have been nice back then.

"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#4 jespah

jespah

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

• Global Moderators
  • 4,918 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:53 PM

I'm not much of a DW fan but I do like Capaldi. I have him cast (at least, he's my inspiration) in original fic I'm currently writing.

Honk if you love silence.

Published author, Trek Citizen and not much bigger than a bread box

Untrustworthy-medium.jpg    banner-ezri.jpg

#5 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,555 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:13 AM

I like the current Doctor, but I don't like how Clara was for her first season with him.  I found her to be annoying and having a holier-than-thou attitude.  She wasn't like that with Matt Smith's Doctor.  But it seemed that she kind of returned to normal in the Christmas 2014 episode, so maybe things can get back to normal, sort of.

Speaking of Doctor Who, the ninth season starts tomorrow, with "The Magician's Apprentice".

Leverage.jpg
Leverage -- All Five Seasons Now on DVD

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users