• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1001 replies to this topic

#41 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:03 PM

Mine eyes are also green. Does that me we have unusual eye colour?

I dunno. I don't know anybody else who has eyes that stay green. I mean, there's plenty of hazel. That's pretty common, but those eyes look different in different lights and stuff. Sometimes mine look like a deeper green.

Posted Image
I may have a... slight... addiction to froot loops.

#42 trekkin

trekkin

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:24 PM

I have brown eyes....always wished they were blue until I watched my dummy husband's eyes turn red when exposed to too much sunlight.

I like Hazel...it must be cool to make them change colors by what clothes you wear!!
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#43 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:33 PM

I have brown eyes....always wished they were blue until I watched my dummy husband's eyes turn red when exposed to too much sunlight.

I like Hazel...it must be cool to make them change colors by what clothes you wear!!

I like it best when they turn gold... and even though, as frootlooper points out, it's a common color, it's still great.

Having blue eyes so light his eyes turn albino red is kinda crazy.

I would also love to have dark green.

The wikipedia article on eye color is kinda interesting.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#44 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:40 PM

I heard a theory that all blue-eyed people are descended from a single woman who developed the mutation a couple thousand years ago. I always figured that she must have had an interesting life. Imagine a world where no one has seen someone with blue eyes before. Did they think she was a goddess? A demon? Just a mild oddity? Sometimes I think it would make a good story, but it's not my style.

#45 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:45 PM

I heard a theory that all blue-eyed people are descended from a single woman who developed the mutation a couple thousand years ago. I always figured that she must have had an interesting life. Imagine a world where no one has seen someone with blue eyes before. Did they think she was a goddess? A demon? Just a mild oddity? Sometimes I think it would make a good story, but it's not my style.

Sounds like a movie with Raquel Welch to me.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#46 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:57 PM

hazel represent! not that it ever really comes up unless you're looking at my driver's license, but still :P
Have you reckon'd a thousand acres much? have you reckon'd the
earth much? Have you practis'd so long to learn to read?
Have you felt so proud to get at the meaning of poems?
Stop this day and night with me and you shall possess the origin of
all poems...

#47 fastillion

fastillion

Give, Support, Do. Your actions leave a better tomorrow.

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:00 PM

My eyes are kinda blueish greenish. They're hard to see though because my glasses make my eyes seem very small. Plus my eyes are usually uh...a little more red in color these days. Heh. No worries though, life is pretty good actually. I think I'm balancing my fun time with my not fun time pretty well.

#48 trekkin

trekkin

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,728 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:35 PM

I think I may be losing my mind...but my posts have not been posting...God...I hope it is not me...cuz...well that means I'm more nuts than usual.

http://www.last.fm/m...Brown Eyed Girl

Though I appear to be in the minority....the song is fun....
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#49 Disconnected Drone

Disconnected Drone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:23 AM

Apparently you don't understand that insisting you are normal will only convince me further that you are trying to maintain your secret identity.

Whatever you say.

Aw, you guys went and had a party without me. I feel all left out.

*pats ee on back* It's OK...Plaz and Apoca were staying up until the wee hours of the morning.

Crap" counts.Also, you totally should swear. You don't need to do it like I do (IE all the time), but science has shown that cursing is an effective method of stress reduction and that substitutes (such as "darn") are not effective. Bizarre, I know, but the facts don't lie. We wouldn't want you to build up stress until you snap and kill everyone with your martial arts skills.

Ah, well, then I guess I swear daily, if 'crap' counts. :) Ha. My dad would skin me alive if I ever sweared. It's the whole 'We're missionaries and thus we have to be witnesses with our lives...' thing. No swearing;ever.

But still, surely Droney beats up petty criminals on a regular basis on her nightly crime-fighting patrols.

I'm not allowed to be out past dark. <_< Some girl got raped a few weeks ago just downstairs...so I'm not allowed to be out past dark anymore.

Droney, I love your sig!

Haha, thanks. I think it's kind of corny myself...

It's my birthday, and the drinks are on me. Unfortunately I'll hit the sack sooner rather than later, so you're going to have to serve yourselves...

If that's the case, I'll have a Dead Denobulan. Happy Birthday!

I hope not! I used to have a southern accent and every so often a twang still comes out.

I think it was officially decided that Apoca was 'retarded', as Plaz put it, when it comes to his opinion on Southern accents. Mine's pretty strong...but I can talk without it. But, since a lot of my friends are also from the South, I only lose the accent when I'm talking to people who are from Michigan and places like that.

I don't mean to be nosey... but I'm curious. What year are you then? Senior?

Not a Senior. The thing is, for some weird reason, if you're living over seas you're expected to start working on your college stuff early. I guess it's because we have to know what the plan is for when we go back to America. Since we only go back every three years, I have to know what college I'm going to sometime this year, so that we can make plans to stop by there and check it out next year, and so that we will know when we have to go back. But yeah, I'm not a Senior. I'm only a...a...*shrug*. Fine. I'm a Sophomore. *runs and hides from all of the old people*

Speaking of schools...Plaz, my parents totally rejected the idea of me attending Northwestern. I checked out the website...and loved it...but my parents gave me the same reasons for why I can't go as they always do:

Reason #1. "We can't afford it...!"

Reason #2. "You don't know anyone in Minnesota...!"

Reason #3. "But...College of the Ozarks is a Christian school...!"

Like I know anyone in Missouri? Northwestern is a Christian school too...and I know Plaz and Apoca, kind of. It's basically the money thing. They can't afford to send me to four years of college if it costs $30,000 a year. :sadnod:

Edited by Disconnected Drone, 05 March 2010 - 03:30 AM.

Unless life gives you water and sugar as well, your lemonade is going to suck.

Love Should Not Divide

#50 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:58 AM

http://www.last.fm/music/Van+Morrison/_/Brown+Eyed+Girl

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Van Morrison's biggest hit and the "the fourth most requested song of DJs in the US" is not a minority taste.

Also, I like it bunches.

-Doctor-

Posted Image

#51 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 04:15 AM

I think trekkin' might be referring to the majority of people in this bar having green eyes.

I dunno. I don't know anybody else who has eyes that stay green. I mean, there's plenty of hazel. That's pretty common, but those eyes look different in different lights and stuff. Sometimes mine look like a deeper green.

How do you people look at your own eye color so often to notice these things?

http://www.last.fm/m...Brown+Eyed+Girl

I've never been able to decide whether I like or dislike this song.

I'm not allowed to be out past dark. <_< Some girl got raped a few weeks ago just downstairs...so I'm not allowed to be out past dark anymore.

Well, that pretty much puts the kibosh on any attempted joke.

I think it was officially decided that Apoca was 'retarded', as Plaz put it, when it comes to his opinion on Southern accents. Mine's pretty strong...but I can talk without it. But, since a lot of my friends are also from the South, I only lose the accent when I'm talking to people who are from Michigan and places like that.

And I believe it was officially decided that I was retarded... like a fox.

Speaking of schools...Plaz, my parents totally rejected the idea of me attending Northwestern. I checked out the website...and loved it...but my parents gave me the same reasons for why I can't go as they always do:

Like I know anyone in Missouri? Northwestern is a Christian school too...and I know Plaz and Apoca, kind of. It's basically the money thing. They can't afford to send me to four years of college if it costs $30,000 a year. :sadnod:

Isn't that what student loans are for?

Edited by Apocalypse, 05 March 2010 - 04:17 AM.

Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#52 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 04:31 AM

Here's how often I swear:
*making a salad, and the bag around the lettuce refuses to cooperate*
"Phlox. Phloooooox."
*piece of lettuce falls on the floor*
"Son of a--"
*accidentally hurts finger while reaching for it*
"SON OF A PHLOX!"
*discovers there are no more croutons (seriously, who phloxing eats plain croutons)*
"Phlox me. This is the worst phloxing day ever. Phlox."

Well, results may be skewed on account of misfortune.
Now I have a plain, unadorned salad. Sigh.

Edited by Apocalypse, 05 March 2010 - 04:32 AM.

Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#53 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,153 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 06:32 AM

Sorry Apoco, I like plain croutons.Posted Image

Eyes Blue, I've heard that mutation story EE. Guess we with Blue eyes are all related, Howdy cousins.Posted Image

Ok your a sophomore Droney, you have an older soul. Glad I went to college way back when. I couldn't deal with all complexities of the current systems.

Think I'll go with a Green Tea this morning. Cheers!

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#54 maneth

maneth

GBBS Moderator

• Members
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 06:49 AM

Yeah, Droney, I never would have guessed you're not yet in college!

My eyes are blue-green. They change color depending on what I wear and my makeup, if I wear it. Currently SAHM, I rarely bother.

Posted Image
Live long and prosper

#55 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:06 AM

I always thought it was cool that I have exactly the same eye color (blue-grey) attributed to the goddess Athena in Greek mythology.

Ah, well, then I guess I swear daily, if 'crap' counts. public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif Ha. My dad would skin me alive if I ever sweared. It's the whole 'We're missionaries and thus we have to be witnesses with our lives...' thing. No swearing;ever.

Well, I guess I can understand that. Once you're out on your own, though, you might want to experiment with the occasional F bomb. It can be very satisfying.

Here's how often I swear:
*making a salad, and the bag around the lettuce refuses to cooperate*
"Phlox. Phloooooox."
*piece of lettuce falls on the floor*
"Son of a--"
*accidentally hurts finger while reaching for it*
"SON OF A PHLOX!"
*discovers there are no more croutons (seriously, who phloxing eats plain croutons)*
"Phlox me. This is the worst phloxing day ever. Phlox."

If I'm alone, I swear pretty much constantly. In public, I tone it down, but at home, it's nothing but phlox, phlox, phlox.

Eyes Blue, I've heard that mutation story EE. Guess we with Blue eyes are all related, Howdy cousins.public/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif

Howdy. :wave:

#56 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:55 AM

I always thought it was cool that I have exactly the same eye color (blue-grey) attributed to the goddess Athena in Greek mythology.

If I'm alone, I swear pretty much constantly. In public, I tone it down, but at home, it's nothing but phlox, phlox, phlox.

Which is an awesome eye color, by the way. Green is boring.

Alone or with friends is where the swears go into effect.
-The Tick

#57 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:03 AM

Which is an awesome eye color, by the way. Green is boring.

Indeed. I'm sorry to be a Nazi about things, but blue eyes are clearly the most awesome eye color, be they grey, sky blue, dark blue, or some other shade of blue. The only thing that comes close is brown so dark that you can hardly tell where the pupil ends and the iris begins.

#58 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,633 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:05 AM

I have a kind of unique eye color. Blue with a green "starburst" in the center of the iris courtesy of mom.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#59 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:05 AM

Not a Senior. The thing is, for some weird reason, if you're living over seas you're expected to start working on your college stuff early. I guess it's because we have to know what the plan is for when we go back to America. Since we only go back every three years, I have to know what college I'm going to sometime this year, so that we can make plans to stop by there and check it out next year, and so that we will know when we have to go back. But yeah, I'm not a Senior. I'm only a...a...*shrug*. Fine. I'm a Sophomore. *runs and hides from all of the old people*

Sophomore year is kinda early... At my school we start in late fall of our junior year. However, I'm at a college prep school, so I don't know what normal is at public schools.

The thing about college prices is that they're really not as bad as the 'sticker price.' I applied to one school that was around 48,000 dollars a year. If I go there, I'd have to pay about 21,000 a year. What you really need to do is look at their financial aid packages. Need and merit-based. Find the page on their websites and make sure to apply for any merit-based scholarships you might be eligible for. Then look for outside scholarships. If you put your mind to it and work phlox essays and stuff, you can really knock a lot of money off the initial price. Plus, you'll never know until you apply. There's nothing wrong with applying even if you don't think you'll be able to afford it. You might be surprised what you get. I know I was.

EDIT: It replaced hard. on with phlox...

How do you people look at your own eye color so often to notice these things?

Well... other people look at my eyes and tell me about them? And I go look in the mirror to look at my own eyes whenever I'm discussing eye color with people. Which has been happening a lot lately for some reason.

Isn't that what student loans are for?

Yeah, DD. There are also student loans. You can always get a campus job too. I'm thinking I'll probably look for one.

Edited by frootlooper, 05 March 2010 - 10:07 AM.

Posted Image
I may have a... slight... addiction to froot loops.

#60 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:14 AM

Indeed. I'm sorry to be a Nazi about things, but blue eyes are clearly the most awesome eye color, be they grey, sky blue, dark blue, or some other shade of blue. The only thing that comes close is brown so dark that you can hardly tell where the pupil ends and the iris begins.

Meh, I don't like the blue so much as the gray.
Also, really dark eyes can sometimes weird me out.

I have a kind of unique eye color. Blue with a green "starburst" in the center of the iris courtesy of mom.

These are also awesome too.
*runs to check own eyes in the mirror*
Mine are sort of grayish-green on the outside, with a little bit of a murky brown tinge at the pupil. Predominantly a light green, though.

Sophomore year is kinda early... At my school we start in late fall of our junior year. However, I'm at a college prep school, so I don't know what normal is at public schools.

At my school we started serious college prep stuff at a point where either you had already done it, or were me and procrastinated to the last possible moment.
I ended up taking a year off anyway, though, so it didn't really matter.

Edited by Apocalypse, 05 March 2010 - 10:15 AM.

-The Tick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users