Photo

Favorite Captain

82 replies to this topic

Poll: Who is your favorite Captain (128 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is your favorite Captain

1. James Tiberius Kirk (18 votes [14.06%])

Percentage of vote: 14.06%

2. Jean Luc Picard (41 votes [32.03%])

Percentage of vote: 32.03%

3. Benjamin Lafayette Sisko (16 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. Kathryn Janeway (14 votes [10.94%])

Percentage of vote: 10.94%

5. Jonathan Archer (39 votes [30.47%])

Percentage of vote: 30.47%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Belanna

Belanna

Warrant Officer 1st Class

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 06:40 AM

Janeway is mine. :23:
Posted Image

#22 Space Pirate

Space Pirate

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 03:44 PM

Gotta be Sisko...how can you not like a guy who can knock Q on his ass.
:D :clap: :taz:

View Post

Well said, well said. :lol:
"We're mild and green, and squeaky clean..."
GET FIREFOX!

#23 Mc Douglas

Mc Douglas

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 07:11 PM

My favorite Captain is Sisko

View Post

Me, too. But it has nothing to do with Sisko himself. I voted for Sisko, cause DS9 was the first Star Trek series I watched first run. As TNG was broadcasted in Germany, I was very young and more interested in Star Wars and other things, so I lost interest. It strted again with DS9 and because of the crossovers during the first two seasons between DS9 and TNG, I became a TNG fan too. And than came VOY, and before VOY they broadcasted old TOS episodes and so on. So I became a real Star Trek Fan. Today I am a great ENT Fan (best series), but DS9 will always be special to me, cause my career as a Trekkie started with that series. :)
"Sag mal Atan, das Ganze war doch wohl nur ein böser Traum, oder? - Viel schlimmer, das war Science Fiction." (Raumpatrouille Orion)

"I've always wondered why it's okay for football fans to go to a football game with their faces painted and sloshing beer around and that's considered old fashioned American fun. Yet someone dressing as a Klingon is considered weird. You don't see Star Trek fans after a convention running through the streets and turning over cars or breaking windows in a drunken haze. Star Trek fans benevolent optimistic and incredibly intelligent."
(Manny Coto 02/23/05)

Posted Image

#24 Mc Douglas

Mc Douglas

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 07:12 PM

Janeway is mine.  :23:

View Post

Before or after she got her coffee? :P
"Sag mal Atan, das Ganze war doch wohl nur ein böser Traum, oder? - Viel schlimmer, das war Science Fiction." (Raumpatrouille Orion)

"I've always wondered why it's okay for football fans to go to a football game with their faces painted and sloshing beer around and that's considered old fashioned American fun. Yet someone dressing as a Klingon is considered weird. You don't see Star Trek fans after a convention running through the streets and turning over cars or breaking windows in a drunken haze. Star Trek fans benevolent optimistic and incredibly intelligent."
(Manny Coto 02/23/05)

Posted Image

#25 DeAnn

DeAnn

Editor - HFO and FanMagazine - PR Team

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 02:49 AM

I love all the captains of our various series. But it's a toss-up between Janeway and Archer and because I'm so emotionally into this fight to save Enterprise I voted for Jonathon Archer, but Kathryn Janeway would be a very close second!

DeAnn

#26 johneh

johneh

Commodore

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 02:20 AM

Picard is my favourite simply because he is a true "renaissance man." With his learning, culture, intelligence, humanity, and good judgement he is the type of human we should all aspire to be, and what I hope people will really be like in the 24th century.
However, Archer is pretty good too and comes in as my second choice. He seems to be a balance between the emotional Kirk and the cerebral Picard.
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

#27 billyevil

billyevil

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 03:34 AM

Archer does it for me as a captain. He went into all this a different person than what he is becomming. It is something to watch how he changes as a person as the realities of space travel and contact with other species has taken their toll on him. He's being molded into a great leader by these experiences and i just enjoy it.

#28 jacki

jacki

Captain

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 02:09 PM

KIRK!!!! the original series. Thats the real stuff.
Defenitly my favourite
"How come the quantum?"

I don't know what weapons WW3 will be fought with, but WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones

Posted Image

#29 Borg-reborn

Borg-reborn

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 02:27 PM

Kathryn Janeway, because it's great to see a woman at the helm :)

View Post

Janeway is great because she never let getting lost get her or the crew down. :bowdown: Her greatest gift was to tell them always that they are going to get home. :clap:

#30 Borg-reborn

Borg-reborn

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 02:32 PM

Before or after she got her coffee?  :P

View Post

She is one reason why i drink coffee black and of course talk to my coffeemaker(repactor).haha :lol:

#31 Villageidiot

Villageidiot

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 03:00 PM

Jonathan Archer :bowdown:
And for the fist time EVER in ANY poll, ANYWHERE the person I've voted for is in the lead.
Yay :clap:

#32 auriak

auriak

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 11:51 PM

Picard is my favorite, for several reasons. 1) I remember watching the pilot when I was four years old, and TNG through its run. 2) To me, he just feels like the epitome of a good captain, and he had good character developement througout the series/movies. I have nothing against the other captains, Picard is just my favorite.

#33 captain_robert_april

captain_robert_april

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 09:00 AM

However, Archer is pretty good too and comes in as my second choice. He seems to be a balance between the emotional Kirk and the cerebral Picard.

View Post

Mine has to be Kirk, but I'll admit you are right here... Archer is the perfect middle ground between good old Kirok (not a typo, an allusion) and Picard.

Kirk is my favorite because:
1. I was raised on reruns over TOS... and you never forget the original trek.
2. I am now a director, as close as I'll come to being a captain in anything, and I can ill tolerate a captain who does not actively risk his life with his crew. No offense to Picard-ians, bu the man drank tea while Riker was dodging bullets. This is not a problem per se, and I realize protecting the captain is a necessity, however, I myself am more hands on so I like Kirk.
3. Kirk was perhaps the most "playful" of tha captains... and I don't mean the women thing, I mean the classic "Corbomite Manuever," or "Royal Fizzbin" or "cheating to Pass the Kobayashi Maru."
4. He was the first (series wise, I know Ent is set earlier in Trek chronology) and he set the gold standard.
5. Bill Shatner... say what you will, but everybody knows Bill Shatner... everybody does impressions and when you do a Shatner impression, people know who you are doing... at least 90% of people over the age of 18.

So, where do I stand on the captains...

1. Kirk
2-TIE- Sisko and Archer (so hard to choose, both are men of action, but Sisko was, initially angrier and Archer is just now coming into his own)
3. Picard
4. Janeway (never really got the feel of her character, sometimes too jaded, sometimes not jaded enough and I never really feel I got to know her. I knew Kirk's brother died, I knew Picard's family was against him entering Starfleet, and I know Sisko's father is a great cook who owns a restraunt in New Orleans.... in short, it felt like I got the big picture with all of these characters, and, admittedly, I haven;t seen every episode of Voyager, but I never felt like I got to know Janeway.)

BTW, do you think they will ever let Kirk appear on Enterprise? I used to be excited by the Bring BAck Kirk campaign, but I haven't heard much out of them...

Sad really... since Kirk deserved a better death... or better yet, no death at all.

Afterall, as this forum is trying to show, Trek, Kirk, and all other legends never die!

#34 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 09:09 AM

I don't know about bring back Kirk in Enterprise. I don't recall any show having characters from the future, and as I said before, Shatner's currently in no physical shape to be playing the might James T. Kirk.

Posted Image

#35 jeffkicker

jeffkicker

Star Trek / Farscape News Consultant

• Members
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 09:13 AM

Shatner's currently in no physical shape to be playing the might James T. Kirk.

View Post

Yeah, I think the days of Kirk are gone :(
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>'Slice of Sci Fi' News Team</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Pacific Region Coordinator</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Trek United Publications Team</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Trek United COMM team member (info@trekunited.com)</span>

Don't forget to vote for ' Slice of Sci-Fi' and 'The Dragon Page' at Podcast Alley!

Posted Image

#36 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 09:16 AM

Yeah, I think the days of Kirk are gone :(

View Post

That's okay. We'll always have reruns. And DVDs.

Posted Image

#37 Admiral Remore

Admiral Remore

Warrant Officer 1st Class

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 06:50 PM

I<a onMouseOver="window.status='' ; return true;"  onMouseOut="window.status='';" oncontextmenu="window.status=''; return true;" onclick="location.href='http://www.enhancemysearch.com/admin/results.php?q=Love&id=31';return false;" href="" TITLE="More Info..."> love </a>all the captains of our various series.  But it's a toss-up between Janeway and Archer and because I'm so emotionally into this fight to save Enterprise I voted for Jonathon Archer, but Kathryn Janeway would be a very close second!

DeAnn

View Post

Your Atavar sold me DeAnn.

#38 Captain Archer

Captain Archer

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 12:24 PM

Archer is number 1 for me
Janeway follows closely
Posted Image

#39 CUDA

CUDA

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 01:09 AM

Do I have ta choose?
If i do , I guess I'd have to go with Picard but a very, very, very close second would be Archer.
"Time heals all wounds . . . unless you've got a rash, then your better off with an ointment"
- Holly (the computer on Red Dwarf)

Art, like morality, consists in drawing the line somewhere -G.K. Chesterton

#40 kerisilvia

kerisilvia

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 02:12 PM

This one was tough.

1) Kirk (only because I had a crush on him when I was a teenager)
2) Picard (very, very close second...God that voice...)
3) Janeway (being a girl myself I loved the idea of a female captain)
4) Archer (lukewarm on him. Some episodes I really like him and some episodes I really can't bear him)
5) Sisko (only because I haven't watched much DS9)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users