Photo

Favorite "Finale" Season

33 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite "Finale" Season (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of the Trek series "finale" seasons did you like the most?

1. The Original Series (Season 3) (1 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

2. The Next Generation (Season 7) (3 votes [9.68%])

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

3. Deep Space Nine (Season 7) (9 votes [29.03%])

Percentage of vote: 29.03%

4. Voyager (Season 7) (9 votes [29.03%])

5. Enterprise (Season 4) (9 votes [29.03%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,555 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 04:47 PM

Which of the Trek series "finale" seasons did you like the most?

I think that the "finale" season should be the climax of each Trek series, although sometimes it doesn't seem to be that way. Which series got it right? Which one was the best?

Edited by Kyle Nin, 27 November 2006 - 04:48 PM.

Leverage.jpg
Leverage -- All Five Seasons Now on DVD

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 01:19 PM

Ent. S4.

^Did anyone not see that coming?

#3 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,555 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 01:49 PM

Well, I'm still debating to myself at whether to pick DS9 or Enterprise.

Leverage.jpg

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#4 Cougar

Cougar

fsfafsfdyryrhgf

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 24,610 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 03:21 PM

ENT's Finale was downright horrible and an insult.
TNG's was good but not a true finale. Never seen the TOS one. Voyager's was good. But DS9 had the best finale in my opinion.

Posted Image

"We're not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department. We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people."
- Gen Hillier, Chief of the Defence Staff

#5 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 05:48 PM

^ I take it Kyle means favourite last season rather than 'finale'. TATV was pretty awful and I wouldn't argue about that with anyone... even Cougar! :P

Despite that one crap effort, Enterprise Season 4 gets my vote. With every other series, you get a definite impression of a saga winding down at this stage... in contrast, Archer and company were just working up a full head of steam.

#6 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,555 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 05:57 PM

^ I take it Kyle means favourite last season rather than 'finale'. TATV was pretty awful and I wouldn't argue about that with anyone... even Cougar! :P

Yeah, I meant the last season of each show, that's why the word finale was in quotes. I guess I wasn't clear enough.

Leverage.jpg

#7 Cougar

Cougar

fsfafsfdyryrhgf

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 24,610 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 06:35 PM

phlox. Well then I'd definitely say ENT season 4. I misunderstood the question :wallbash:

Posted Image

"We're not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department. We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people."

#8 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,555 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 06:52 PM

I'm sure DS9 is towards the top of your list, though. Right? Or not?

Leverage.jpg

#9 Cougar

Cougar

fsfafsfdyryrhgf

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 24,610 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 06:58 PM

Indeed, I loved Season 7 of DS9 as well.

Posted Image

#10 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,555 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:49 PM

My favorite final season was for Enterprise. It seemed to have the best storytelling overall (except for the finale episode, but that's not enough to drag the season down). My second choice would be DS9.

Leverage.jpg

#11 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,725 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 02:27 PM

TOS and ENT were not exactly offered proper "finale" seasons. I would vote for ENT as the best LAST season, but I thought that
Voyager amped it up pretty well for the last season. It came to a reasonable conclusion of that particular chapter of Star Trek. I'm always left wanting just one more season from any of them.
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#12 Shlomi of Vulcan

Shlomi of Vulcan

Resident Vulcan Old-Fogey

• Members
  • 9,306 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 02:33 PM

I'd have to go with Voyager because it was the one Star Trek feature that came full circle with a beginning, middle and end that was planned. DS9's series finale left you hanging about the ultimate fate of Benjamin and the future of the station, TNG hasn't really ended quite yet - it wouldn't surprise me to see one more entry from that era of Trek with the demise of Picard shown in some fashion as was done with Kirk in Generations. And let's not even talk about Enterprise. That show never had an adequate ending, the series finale was really nothing more than a TNG episode with the ENT crew nothing more than a holodeck memory for Riker to get over his own personal angst.
"Having problems with the present? Find solace in the fact that some future generations will call these "the good ole' days." Shmu'el Ben Shalom

"If I wanted to argue about which imaginary friend is tougher, I'd just go to church" Jason of KC

Politically Incorrectile Dysfunction

#13 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,555 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 03:20 PM

Enterprise may have not gotten a true final season, but the producers of the show (like Manny Coto) knew that Season 4 could have been the last (which is was), so they structured the season so that it would "wrap up" the series, but still left it open for it to continue.

Leverage.jpg

#14 Trekker

Trekker

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 03:09 PM

Enterprise may have not gotten a true final season, but the producers of the show (like Manny Coto) knew that Season 4 could have been the last (which is was), so they structured the season so that it would "wrap up" the series, but still left it open for it to continue.

Agreed, that was one of my favorite finale seasons though, and I really liked Next gen. It really matured in the last season into the movie saga of Next generation
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 11:22 AM

season 7 of DS9 was some of the best Trek writing ever. Enterprise gets my second vote, and TOS is easily the worst, with some of the stupidest Trek episodes ever.

Posted Image

#16 ArchitectThe

ArchitectThe

4th Year Cadet

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 04:26 AM

DS9, then TNG.
I design things only to blow them up later.

#17 Mr Lazy

Mr Lazy

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 02:05 PM

DS9... Any series that needs, and I mean NEEDS, 10 episodes alone to properly bring every thread to a close deserves my vote (and it was brilliantly written too)... TNG 2nd, Enterprise 3rd, Voyager 4th...

#18 Irene Brustad

Irene Brustad

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:23 PM

Voyager 4th...

Voyager in 4th place!?!? *tsk, tsk* :P

Voyager 1st & TNG second :D

Edited by Irene Brustad, 06 January 2007 - 08:24 PM.

#19 Mr Lazy

Mr Lazy

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 06:09 AM

Voyager in 4th place!?!? *tsk, tsk* :P

Voyager 1st & TNG second :D

sorry, i thought voyager's best year was season 4 ;)

#20 Rick S

Rick S

Commodore

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:12 PM

I would have to say that DS9 was my favorite "finale" season.
I'm back. LOL.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users