2 replies to this topic

#1 Commander Ji Qi Ren

Commander Ji Qi Ren

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

Hey guys,
I used to read lots of Star Trek novels as a teenager, but studying English Lit as part of my degree has turned me into a snob :(
Could you recommend some well-written Star Trek novels (TNG or TOS)? Hehe, of course I don't expect them to be the greatest work of prose ever. I just don't like it when books have really basic errors in them, like the perspective changing in the middle of a sentence thus resulting in a character suddenly reading another characters mind. (Except if they are Betazoids of course).
I also dislike endless, detailed descriptions.
LOL, sorry to be so picky. Please feel free to also recommend older books, I don't mind re-reading them because I've forgotten them anyway. I don't have any particular preference as far as the main characters are concerned, as long as it's not the life of Kahless in seven volumes.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:53 AM

I recommend read this books :Typhon pact" and "Way to the warrior".
Of course i recommend you read all novels/books based on "Star Trek DS9",for example "Dominon war:book one".
In this book talk about ensign Ro.I had read only six pages but for me this book is very interesting but in the present time i not have time for read many "ST" books.If you would want read many "Star Trek" books,i can send in the private message to you list with complete "Star trek" books( from TOS to the Enterprise). I hope that i help to you.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#3 Commander Ji Qi Ren

Commander Ji Qi Ren

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:29 AM

Thanks for your reply Beast Boy.
Nah, I'm fine, I can find such a list myself.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users