STAR TREK 40TH ANNIVERSARY Tribute Video

61 replies to this topic

#41 smierlo

smierlo

Senior Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 03:43 PM

Well What a moving.. Touching.. that;s the right word. Touching video. I like it a lot. As a overall star Trek fan I liked everything.

It;s indeed difficult to show everything is just 7 minutes, but you did a supurb job. If you want to, I would like to host your video and publish it at my website. Maybe it's not that popular yet, my site. But It's stille growing.

Ofcourse your name will be mentioned with the proper credits. If you'll agree I need a mail-address or website that I can use to link for the credits.

Please let me know.

I've only seen version 1 in your 1ste post in this topic. I'm waiting another 20 minutes at rapidshare to download you DE version. When that's done, and you'll agree to publish, Then I will use the DE version only.
Posted Image

#42 LLAP-TERRELL

LLAP-TERRELL

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 04:48 PM

Can this moving video be found on YouTube? I have found LOTS of Star Trek stuff, TOS episodes, trailers, parody(s), fan film, and even some "tribute" stuff there - is this great film there too, Chris?!!! :naughty3dg:

LL&P, TERRELL B)
LLAP (Live Long And Prosper) and NEVER give up!
Failure is... NOT an option, here!

"When one loses faith, and gives up hopes of trying to succeed; one LOSES, and gives up ALL hopes of succeeding!!!" - Terrell (himself)

Posted Image"> - SIGGY BANNER

<a target="_BLANK" href="

#43 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 04:52 PM

LLAP-TERRELL - You'll find it here with some other uploaded Trek videos.

Thanks Smierlo. Trying to honor 40 years, 5 series, not to mention all those characters was always going to be tough. Looking at it again now after a few weeks, I think the video does squeeze too much in. Two attempts at it is enough though, otherwise I'd probably go on forever tinkering with it.

Hosting the video on your site sounds great. Try the code below which provides a neat TV link showing the latest Youtube version.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="<A href="'http://www.youtube.com/v/Hr_Si2FcB9U"">http://www.youtube.com/v/Hr_Si2FcB9U"></param><embed src="[url="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hr_Si2FcB9U"]http://www.youtube.com/v/Hr_Si2FcB9U[/url]" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="350"></embed></object>

#44 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 10:38 AM

I've uploaded the tribute video again. There have been reports of the first link going down occasionally. So try downloading from the alternative site below...

http://rapidshare.co...EK__40.wmv.html

#45 LLAP-TERRELL

LLAP-TERRELL

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Location:So Cal, &quot;The O.C.&quot; in Fullerton, near L.A.

Posted 23 October 2006 - 12:29 AM

I've uploaded the tribute video again. There have been reports of the first link going down occasionally. So try downloading from the alternative site below...

This link only takes one to the main page of the "rapid Share" video hosting site, Chris... sorry. :blush5:

LL&P, TERRELL B)

P.S. The YouTube link worked great, thanks Chris!!! :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbup:

"When one loses faith, and gives up hopes of trying to succeed; one LOSES, and gives up ALL hopes of succeeding!!!" - Terrell (himself)

#46 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 05:10 AM

This link only takes one to the main page of the "rapid Share" video hosting site, Chris... sorry.

No. I just checked it out again... it definately works...

On the page it has 'You want to download STAR_TREK__40.wmv' about half way down and you just need to scroll to where it says 'Free' for a copy of the video. :thumbsup:

#47 LLAP-TERRELL

LLAP-TERRELL

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 01:06 PM

This is what I got when I clicked the LINK you just gave, CP...

~quote~

Home <LI>News <LI>Premium-Zone <LI>Free-Zone <LI>Banners you can use <LI>Frequently Asked Questions <LI>Rapid Uploader <LI>Support Imprint

The future of 1-Click Webhosting

You want to download a file. Please scroll down to proceed.
We host your files for free! Click here to upload files.

Upload-Limit: Unlimited! (Max. 100 MB per file! Split-Archives allowed!)
Download-Limit: Unlimited! (Some files have 100.000 Downloads!)
Happy Hours: Traffic-limits disabled. Unlimited parallel downloads. No download-tickets. The RapidShare AG has taken the goal to set a new standard in webhosting, to better serve the needs of the community. A nearly endless scalable system has been designed with more than 1000 Terabytes of space and 80 Gigabit/s of internet-bandwidth. To perfect the system, we are right now setting up an office with more than 800m², where many supporters will help you to solve your problems, even by telephone in multiple languages. We hope to give you what you wish: More support, more space, more speed and more transpa...

Blah blah blah...

~end-quote~

See? I don't want to download their program, and I don't want to join the website... but YouTube has it, right?

Thanks Chris... truely superb and magnificent artistry!!!

LL&P, TERRELL B)

#48 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 03:22 PM

<Sigh>

^ The important detail should be right under all that stuff. At least it is when I click on the link. The 'blah blah' as you call it. :P

At the bottom of that page, just above the copyright line, it should say Select your download in bold. There's a box on the right hand side with 'Free' on it. Click on that and it takes you to another page offering three locations from which to take the download. Anyone wanting to do so will need to copy the coloured lettering into a box before clicking on the 'Download from' button.

It's long winded sure enough but on the other hand, it costs nothing. Rapidshare could do with being easier to use but it's the only place around that offers to store a WMV file this large.

Terrell: You can always watch the low res version over at You Tube. But the download does give you a better copy which looks closer to the way I intended. Plus you get to keep the video that way and do whatever you like with it offline. With a bit of jiggerypokery, you can even put it on a DVD. ;)

#49 smierlo

smierlo

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 03:23 PM

This is what I got when I clicked the LINK you just gave, CP...

~quote~

Home <LI>News <LI>Premium-Zone

<LI>Free-Zone <LI>Banners you can use <LI>Frequently Asked Questions <LI>Rapid Uploader <LI>Support Imprint

The future of 1-Click Webhosting

You want to download a file. Please scroll down to proceed.
We host your files for free! Click here to upload files.

Upload-Limit: Unlimited! (Max. 100 MB per file! Split-Archives allowed!)
Download-Limit: Unlimited! (Some files have 100.000 Downloads!)
Happy Hours: Traffic-limits disabled. Unlimited parallel downloads. No download-tickets. The RapidShare AG has taken the goal to set a new standard in webhosting, to better serve the needs of the community. A nearly endless scalable system has been designed with more than 1000 Terabytes of space and 80 Gigabit/s of internet-bandwidth. To perfect the system, we are right now setting up an office with more than 800m², where many supporters will help you to solve your problems, even by telephone in multiple languages. We hope to give you what you wish: More support, more space, more speed and more transpa...

Blah blah blah...

~end-quote~

See? I don't want to download their program, and I don't want to join the website... but YouTube has it, right?

Thanks Chris... truely superb and magnificent artistry!!!

LL&P, TERRELL B)

Scroll down. AT the right of the table (right under) you see the word "free" click on it!

Take a look at click here <-- screenshot!
Posted Image

#50 LLAP-TERRELL

LLAP-TERRELL

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 05:30 PM

<Sigh>

^ The important detail should be right under all that stuff. At least it is when I click on the link. The 'blah blah' as you call it. :P

At the bottom of that page, just above the copyright line, it should say Select your download in bold. There's a box on the right hand side with 'Free' on it. Click on that and it takes you to another page offering three locations from which to take the download. Anyone wanting to do so will need to copy the coloured lettering into a box before clicking on the 'Download from' button.

It's long winded sure enough but on the other hand, it costs nothing. Rapidshare could do with being easier to use but it's the only place around that offers to store a WMV file this large.

Terrell: You can always watch the low res version over at You Tube. But the download does give you a better copy which looks closer to the way I intended. Plus you get to keep the video that way and do whatever you like with it offline. With a bit of jiggerypokery, you can even put it on a DVD. ;)

Oh, I didn't know this - a high rez version you say?! :w00t: This I gotta see!!! :clap:

Thanks Chris :bowdown: :worthy: Great work here!!! :naughty3dg:

Scroll down. AT the right of the table (right under) you see the word "free" click on it!

Take a look at click here <-- screenshot!

Thank you, smierlo; that helps a lot (I'm so cyber-stupid I think to "boot" your computer means to "kick it really hard", see?!!! :lamo: :blush5: ) I think I finally get it, now! :thumbsup: :thumbup:

LL&P, TERRELL B)

#51 RogueEntity

RogueEntity

::Resident Dragon::

• Members
  • 7,369 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 05:43 PM

I am very impressed Chris, great work, simply great, and I am not just saying that for the sake of it. As one person commented on YouTube, you focused well on the characters and not just the ships, although you did include them as well. I will be adding this to my collection, what I want now is a copy of TrekUnited's promo video, it was also very good ,and one I watched quite a few times too.
"Difficult takes a few seconds; impossible, a few minutes" - McKay

#52 smierlo

smierlo

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:21 PM

Christopher. Finally.. your music video is added to my website. You can use the link in the banner in my signature. You also can directly go to this link Here you can find two places to download this music video.

Also .. other people... take a look. I've got over 70 music videos at my website. Stay in touch.. subscribe to the free newsletter, just click here. A new newsletter is just released.

Have fun!
Posted Image

#53 Nizaril

Nizaril

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 11:58 AM

Chris...

This is truly an amazing piece of work! Thank you so much for your hard work and efforts! I must admit to getting a little misty eyed while watching this compilation. To watch all 40 years go by in this and have it evoke years worth of memories of Star Trek is overwhelming to say the least. It helps me to remember why I fell in love with Star Trek to begin with and why I've remained a steadfast and loyal fan for all these many years.....29 years for me to be exact. I started watching in syndication in 1977 w hen I was only 6 years old and have been hooked ever since. I'm gonna take this home and let my Son watch this after I get home from work....he is a new fan :)

Thanks Chris!

#54 trek_dude

trek_dude

Time Traveling Counterist from the planet Gallifrey

• Members
  • 16,490 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:44 AM

excellent work ChristopherPike, a really wonderful video :) :clap: :thumbup: :thumbsup:
League of the Non Alligned Sci Fi Club - join the real life chatroom.
www.LOTNA.org.uk

#55 B'atL'eth's Blood

B'atL'eth's Blood

Commander

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:02 PM

Posted Image

STAR TREK: 40TH ANNIVERSARY

Many happy returns to Star Trek, which celebrates it's ruby anniversary on September 8th.

Some say life begins at 40 and I certainly hope that proves true for my favourite TV/Film series. In honour of this event, I put together this tribute video which spans the whole history of Trekuniverse set to my favourite piece of music.

You can watch it here:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=TotsK5Q_GfM

http://media.putfile...-ANNIVERSARY-19

or download (file size 57.8 MB) from:

http://rapidshare.de...AR_TREK__40.wmv

Hope you enjoy. Raise a glass to forty years of Star Trek!

Awesome! Simply Awesome! Thank you so much for this piece! GR would be SO proud to know his vision for the future has withstood the test of time. I remember watching Wrath of Khan in the theater, and the tears that fell down my cheeks when Spock sacrificed himself. The needs of the many outweighed the needs of the few. Star Trek has touched so many around this big blue marble in so many ways. I have been fortunate to have had Star Trek in its many incarnations for my entire adult life. It has made me laugh and cry, and has given me hope for the future of us all.

#56 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 06:12 PM

Thanks. For me, Spock's death remains the most moving scene from the whole of Star Trek too. Even though I know he returns for another 4 films, it still chokes me up. Writers have mistakenly tried to emulate it in Generations, Nemesis & Enterprise: 'These Are The Voyages...' and always leave the fans feeling slightly cheated.

Glad you enjoyed the tribute video. Be sure to check out V.2, it's a more finalized cut. You can watch it over in TU's Video Center or grab a download from here.

#57 LLAP-TERRELL

LLAP-TERRELL

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 06:40 PM

I agree; TWOK was the best of the best!!! :bowdown: :clap:

:vulcan: "Of all the souls I've encounter in my travels, HE was the most... Human." :crybaby:

#58 smierlo

smierlo

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 07:08 AM

I agree; TWOK was the best of the best!!! :bowdown: :clap:

:vulcan: "Of all the souls I've encounter in my travels, HE was the most... Human." :crybaby:

Well, the way the people die is the difference in my opinion(imo). Spock died in the line of duty for the good of the many. Well, Kirk died after something small, but if you look after his career and the look back after his dead.. well, you could make a wonderfull music video about it (look at my site :P ) the same story for Dax.. The death of Yar.. well, I was happy she did go away.. I find her character highly irritating, but even her death is special is some way. Well Data.. that's wasn't neccesary imo.. but okay.. it happend and yet again.. you could make there something special about..The death of trip is the worst death I've ever seen. Completely wasted.. nothing special about

so maybe.. the point when they die is nothing special but if you look after that..your thoughts about it can make it special. Was the character special for you, well.. then it's something special.

Well.. Nobody can't understand me anymore. I'm going to create a music video about some deaths in Star Trek, I've something in my head and I have to produce it. So you'll here more about it.
Posted Image

#59 LLAP-TERRELL

LLAP-TERRELL

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 09:52 PM

I hope you're talking about a tribute to those ACTORS & ACTRESSES & PRODUCTION CREW that have died - starting with The Great Bird of the Galaxy, Gene Roddenberry himself, and then all the others that helped to make Star Trek what it was... even showing stills, if video isn't available, and the music should be somber yet up-lifting... the Beethoven classic piano piece "Moonlight Sonata" comes to mind!!! :bowdown: DO it... they all deserve it!!! :worthy: :thumbup: :clap:

They characters are fictional, the people behind them are phenominal and real!!!

Gene Roddenberry

Gene Coon

DeForrest Kelly

Mark Leonard

Matt Jeffries

Michael Pillar

James Doohan

any more someone can think of?

LLAP, TERRELL B)

#60 Holodarlin

Holodarlin

Ensign

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 08:03 PM

I saw this video on Youtube without knowing you created it, and both my sister and I love it! We agree that it is the best 40th Anniversary video that exists out there! It's so beautiful! I love how you put it together in "chronological" order, like Kirk and Spock go through that time traveling thing (I finally got to see "City on the Edge of Forever" but I can't remember what that gateway thing is called) and observe First Contact, the launch of the NX-01, etc. like a mini movie. And when watching this video, I get the feeling that they are thinking, the universe is in good hands.

Very beautifully done!
Want Enterprise music videos? Go to Star Trek: Enterprise Lives! Music Videos and please sign the guestbook also :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users