STAR TREK 40TH ANNIVERSARY Tribute Video

61 replies to this topic

#21 ST:E

ST:E

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 04:04 PM

Christopher Pike, you are a legend! that video was amazing, a true tribute to Star Trek's 40 years of entertaining and changing peoples lives.

The eye's of the world now look into space...

The future begins 2009

#22 Shlomi of Vulcan

Shlomi of Vulcan

Resident Vulcan Old-Fogey

• Members
  • 9,306 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 10:12 AM

You can check out our Slice of SciFi story on Chris' beautiful effort at the Slice of SciFi website or go to the following Link:

http://www.sliceofsc...ry-fan-tribute/

Thanks to DOSMAN for putting a fire under my butt on getting this story out. I had planned on doing it sooner, but with the holiday, vacation plans and the need to get the next 3 weeks of SoSF shows written because I will be away, it got put on the backburner.

Sam
"Having problems with the present? Find solace in the fact that some future generations will call these "the good ole' days." Shmu'el Ben Shalom

"If I wanted to argue about which imaginary friend is tougher, I'd just go to church" Jason of KC

Politically Incorrectile Dysfunction

#23 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 04:05 PM

I'm speechless! Thank you for your article and the publicity it's getting the tribute, Sam. :bowdown:

Since Slice of Sci-Fi featured it, YouTube gave the video an honourable mention as the 34th most watched video of the day. It's shown up all over the net, like over at Master Replicas blog. Plus the organisers of Mountain-Con in Salt Lake City, want to run the tribute at their event.

That last one practically floored me! I only hope it goes down well...

#24 DOSMAN

DOSMAN

Commodore

• Members
  • 556 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:01 PM

That's wonderful to hear, Chris! :clap: ...though no more than it deserves, I think. Hopefully, one or two additional conventions will pick it up as well.
Computer? Yep. Internet? Of course. >>> So put them to good use!

TrekCore - TOS, TAS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, Movies, and Gaming

#25 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 06:38 AM

Here's a link to download an MPEG-4 file for anyone who has trouble with AVI files.

http://rapidshare.de...724/Trek_40.mp4

Hopefully this might be compatible for DIVX users. There won't be much improvement in quality though, as the final edit was done using Windows Movie Maker. I'm hoping to eventually use a program like Sony Vegas but at the moment I'm experiencing serious issues with the .NET framework and related Windows updates which aren't installing correctly. .NET is pretty much essential for Vegas and the last auto update threw a spanner in the works.

#26 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

The Amateur Internet Radio DJ

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:35 PM

I just watched it yesterday and i think it was marvellous

#27 LLAP-TERRELL

LLAP-TERRELL

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:59 PM

YES!!! Absolutely superb, Chris... well done!!!! :bowdown: :worthy: :w00t: :23: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbup:

LLAP, TERRELL B)
LLAP (Live Long And Prosper) and NEVER give up!
Failure is... NOT an option, here!

"When one loses faith, and gives up hopes of trying to succeed; one LOSES, and gives up ALL hopes of succeeding!!!" - Terrell (himself)

Posted Image"> - SIGGY BANNER

<a target="_BLANK" href="

#28 Son of Doc

Son of Doc

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 06:18 PM

Hi Fans.....Just as an aside, I have just finished reading my Sunday paper's Editorial Section and at the bottom of the first page, was this small one paragraph article, by Tim Cavanaugh of Reason Magazine. I'd like to share it as you don't often see something like this in a mainstream paper like the Chicago Tribune in the op/ed section:

"The starship Enterprise began exploring space, the final frontier, 40 years ago this September. It seems very wistful, very un-Star Trek, to be looking back fondly on that mythical past, but on this one occasion, we can let our human halves overpower our Vulcan halves. Once upon a time, when our nation was in trouble, many brilliant people came together to produce a humble entertainment that was more than the sum of its parts: The most retrograde and the prescient, the most religious and agnostic, the most male and female, the most heroic and absurd, the most rarefied and popular; the most American television show ever made."

I look forward to the next 40 years. Happy anniversary to anyone and everyone who has ever worked on this gift.....or has ever dreamed it could be true.

SOD

Other kids' games are all such a bore!
They've gotta have rules and they gotta keep score!
Calvinball is better by far!
It's never the same! It's always bizarre!
You don't need a team or a referee!
You know that it's great, 'cause it's named after me!"
—The Calvinball theme song

#29 ticktrek

ticktrek

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 08:18 PM

Thank you for posting that, SOD.
Connorseurs do it with Cuteness
"Let's make sure history never forgets the name: Enterprise."
-- Captain Jean-Luc Picard , TNG 163

Posted Image

#30 LLAP-TERRELL

LLAP-TERRELL

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Location:So Cal, &quot;The O.C.&quot; in Fullerton, near L.A.

Posted 18 September 2006 - 11:44 PM

Hi Fans.....Just as an aside, I have just finished reading my Sunday paper's Editorial Section and at the bottom of the first page, was this small one paragraph article, by Tim Cavanaugh of Reason Magazine. I'd like to share it as you don't often see something like this in a mainstream paper like the Chicago Tribune in the op/ed section:

"The starship Enterprise began exploring space, the final frontier, 40 years ago this September. It seems very wistful, very un-Star Trek, to be looking back fondly on that mythical past, but on this one occasion, we can let our human halves overpower our Vulcan halves. Once upon a time, when our nation was in trouble, many brilliant people came together to produce a humble entertainment that was more than the sum of its parts: The most retrograde and the prescient, the most religious and agnostic, the most male and female, the most heroic and absurd, the most rarefied and popular; the most American television show ever made."

I look forward to the next 40 years. Happy anniversary to anyone and everyone who has ever worked on this gift.....or has ever dreamed it could be true.

SOD

It's so true, and that is never going to change - Star Trek is the best T.V. show and franchise... EVER!!! :bowdown:

LLAP, TERRELL B) (AKA - on other sites - NAME: "Dr. Thimmel" so... *looks at "Son Of Doc" momentarily*... SON?!!!) :o

"When one loses faith, and gives up hopes of trying to succeed; one LOSES, and gives up ALL hopes of succeeding!!!" - Terrell (himself)

#31 Son of Doc

Son of Doc

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:22 AM

LLAP, TERRELL B) (AKA - on other sites - NAME: "Dr. Thimmel" so... *looks at "Son Of Doc" momentarily*... SON?!!!) :o

Uh, LLAP, you lost me on this......yeah, I'm Doc's little baby boy, thought I'd just try to contribute. Shiny........SOD

Other kids' games are all such a bore!
They've gotta have rules and they gotta keep score!
Calvinball is better by far!
It's never the same! It's always bizarre!
You don't need a team or a referee!
You know that it's great, 'cause it's named after me!"
—The Calvinball theme song

#32 LLAP-TERRELL

LLAP-TERRELL

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 12:01 PM

Uh, LLAP, you lost me on this......yeah, I'm Doc's little baby boy, thought I'd just try to contribute. Shiny........SOD

I was just joking around SOD - the name I use elsewhere is "Dr. Thimmel" so I thought... "SON?!!!" when I saw your name, see? ;)

LLAP, TERRELL B)

#33 Nickolov

Nickolov

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 07 October 2006 - 08:04 AM

The video is excellent! Great work!!! :thumbsup:

Macedonian National Coordinator @ TFU

Posted Image

MakTrek blog | Crapwerk blog

#34 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 05:24 AM

Thanks again for the positive buzz about the video. :argh:

I've finally finished 'a Director's Cut' of the tribute....

It features several improvements on the original version, with a few alternate and added images. Hopefully, it's now a much smoother and more professional looking edit.

You can watch it over at Youtube, together with plenty of other Trek videos:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Hr_Si2FcB9U

or download the finished version (91.5 MB) at:
http://rapidshare.de..._TREK_40_V2.wmv

Enjoy... even though it's now a belated Anniversary gift to Star Trek. :eat:

#35 Rhett Coates

Rhett Coates

Commodore

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 07:30 PM

Thanks again for the positive buzz about the video. :argh:

I've finally finished 'a Director's Cut' of the tribute....

It features several improvements on the original version, with a few alternate and added images. Hopefully, it's now a much smoother and more professional looking edit.

You can watch it over at Youtube, together with plenty of other Trek videos:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Hr_Si2FcB9U

or download the finished version (91.5 MB) at:
http://rapidshare.de..._TREK_40_V2.wmv

Enjoy... even though it's now a belated Anniversary gift to Star Trek. :eat:

Wow, Chris. THANK YOU. If ever there was a 40-year-spanning tribute that encompassed ALL of (filmed-by-Desilu/Paramount) Star Trek (up through 2006), then this is it. Just THANK YOU. This is an especially moving piece; it still amazes me - the turmoil Parmount seems to be going through (turmoil??: re-read: TRANSITION), with the hiatus between ENT Season 4 and ST11, however TrekUnited's world-wide reach is helping fill the void - until ST11 is released, and/or ENT returns in some form that pleases. CHEERS, my friend. To quote Picard, "Well done."
~~~ Regarding the woman EVE, in TOS episode "Mudd's Women" ~~~

KIRK: "There's only one kind of woman--"
HARRY MUDD: "--or man, for that matter--"
KIRK: "--You either believe in yourself, or you don't."

(Truer Star Trek words were never spoken.)

"Good words. That's where ideas begin." --David Marcus, in ST2:TWOK)

A quote spoken by Tom Hanks, portraying the Train conductor, near the end of the film The Polar Express, describes the secret to a fulfilled life in a nutshell: "One thing about trains: it doesn't really matter where they're going; what matters is deciding to get on." (Now, if more people lived by that adage, Gene Roddenberry's vision might come about a lot faster! -- RC)

Posted Image

#36 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 02:01 PM

Thanks Rhett. I'm glad you liked the new 'spruced up' edition... :thumbup:

Here's an alternative link for anyone to download the fan trailer in MPEG-4 format (ideal for Apple/iPod).

http://rapidshare.de...48857/ST_40.mp4

If anyone is having trouble with the WMV file try that. The video playback quality on YouTube can seem a bit lousy at times because of the compression used.

#37 Shlomi of Vulcan

Shlomi of Vulcan

Resident Vulcan Old-Fogey

• Members
  • 9,306 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:29 PM

I'm not sure how you improved on an already perfect project but you did. Better, smoother, slick, shiney and very professional. Kudos Chris!
"Having problems with the present? Find solace in the fact that some future generations will call these "the good ole' days." Shmu'el Ben Shalom

"If I wanted to argue about which imaginary friend is tougher, I'd just go to church" Jason of KC

Politically Incorrectile Dysfunction

#38 LLAP-TERRELL

LLAP-TERRELL

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 03:01 PM

I have to agree with Shlomi Of Vulcan & Rhett Coates... again! Superb artistry and presentation; it seamlessly transends and transports us back to 1966 and then smoothly transforms our consciousness into that "future time" of Star Trek - then shows (in the supposedly "real" time-table) what happened in "future history" and reveals ALL the main characters perfectly, then the guest stars that made each series so wonderful!!! I can't get over how this "work" never ceases to "bring a tear to my eye" and move me profoundly, Chris!!! It's absolutely amazing!!! :bowdown: :worthy: :thumbsup: :thumbup: :clap:

LLAP, TERRELL B)

#39 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

The Amateur Internet Radio DJ

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 05:06 AM

Skippy 2k and myself noticed that a bit of the Direct-to-DVD trailer made it in to the video which was pretty special and of course nifty

#40 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:58 AM

Skippy 2k and myself noticed that a bit of the Direct-to-DVD trailer made it in to the video which was pretty special and of course nifty

I hope he didn't mind me using that. It summed up perfectly how Enterprise should have ended... the NX, Andorian and Vulcan ship warping into the Federation logo. Far better than anything seen in 'These Are The Voyages...' (including the Enterprises montage) and that's the highest praise I can think of.

That single moment represents Enterprise's rightful place in the trailer's timeline, far more than Riker or Troi turning up ever could. The fact the animation came from one fan's dedication shows exactly how much we were in tune with the show's potential. More than either the studio or even certain producers were at times...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users