Photo

Trekunited is now part of the Federation!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tom

Tom

TrekUnited Owner & Co-Founder

• Managment
  • 4,845 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:34 PM

Hey guys,

I recently sold Trekunited.com to Russ Haslage, president of the Federation (formerly the IFT). Trekunited will continue, there will be an all new website and forum with the latest software. Right now the domain name has been moved to Russ's account but is still pointed to my server.

Some history:

As many on you know, myself and Tim Brazeal started Trekunited in February 2005. I came up with the name and created the domain name and forum.I gave my ownership of the domain name to Tim in April 2005. In 2010, Tim sold Trekunited to the IFT, although it was technically owned by Doug McEntyre. In 2013 the forum crashed and there was no forum for about a year. In late 2014, I bought the domain name from Doug. I rebuilt the forum and put it back online. I had big plans for Trekunited. Unfortunately, due to other filming projects (like work on the Renegades production), RL, and lack of available time. I could not do what I wanted to with this site. This past summer, Russ expressed an interest in having Trekunited being back in the Federation family, so I sold it to him.  One of my conditions was there had to be a forum so the members could continue to be a community. We made a determination that the software for this site was too old to integrate with the Federations systems. There will be a new forum installed at some point soon. I will be helping Russ and his team during this transition.

I encourage all of you to be a part of the new Trekunited and continue going forward. With Star Trek (Discovery) back on the air and similar shows, like the Orville on, we have a lot to talk about!

Thank You!

Thomas J. Moore

TrekUnited - Owner & Co-Founder

Co-Producer of Star Trek: Renegades and Renegades: The Requiem.

GalacticaBBS.com - Owner

"To boldly do what no one has done before..."

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users