Star Trek: Enterprise - Season Five

66 replies to this topic

#21 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 12:54 PM

To help illustrate I've just rendered a WIP of the NX model I'm working on.

Looks like a good start. :thumbsup:

Posted Image

#22 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:46 PM

UPDATE:

Here we have it people the audition material.

Audition Material.pdf
Audition Material.rtf

If anyone wants anymore formats don't hesitate to ask.

Instructions are included within the document.

Just an update: I notice that Pheon now has his Voice Actor's audition pack on his Blog at http://ent-s5-dev.blogspot.com/

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#23 Pheon

Pheon

Crewman

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:10 PM

UPDATE:

Here are a few starship designs from the project.

D5_wip_04.gif D5_wip_04.gif
Kumari_wip_03.gif
Rom_BoP_wip_01.gif

I'm still looking to add a little more detail to the Romulan Bird-of-Prey, perhaps something along the lines of some hull decoration on the underside ;).

Auditions are still open.

Posted Image

#24 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

The Amateur Internet Radio DJ

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:46 PM

those are some pretty cool ships you got there, well done

#25 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 02:45 AM

I'm trying to think where I've seen something like that third design - is it from one of the Animated Series races?

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#26 Captain_Hair

Captain_Hair

Master of all things, jack of none

• VIP
  • 50,337 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 07:15 AM

I'm trying to think where I've seen something like that third design - is it from one of the Animated Series races?

That's the andorian battlecruiser.

Shran's Kumari:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#27 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 07:30 AM

Memo to captain: Recommend busting Lt Commander Kirok back to Lieutenat for causing the destruction of the visiting Andorian battle Cruiser, Kumari. When asked why he fired on them, he said ...

"Well they looked vaguely like something I saw somewhere, I just can't remember where!" :blush:

Cheers

K

Posted Image

#28 Pheon

Pheon

Crewman

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:20 PM

Memo to captain: Recommend busting Lt Commander Kirok back to Lieutenat for causing the destruction of the visiting Andorian battle Cruiser, Kumari. When asked why he fired on them, he said ...

"Well they looked vaguely like something I saw somewhere, I just can't remember where!" :blush:

Cheers

K

No worries we all make mistakes. I myself am certainly not exempt from the rule as I've just noticed that I uploaded the D-5 design twice. :blush:

Glad you like the designs; hopefully I'll have something more to show you guys soon.

Posted Image

#29 Aric

Aric

Ensign

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 01:37 AM

Don't have much to add except that this looks like a cool project. I can't wait to see it!

Posted Image

#30 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 06:04 PM

i wonder how this project is coming along now?

#31 Pheon

Pheon

Crewman

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:48 PM

i wonder how this project is coming along now?

Last Friday I completed a training course, which I had being on for the prior two weeks. Unfortunately due to that I kinda got derailed from my work on the project, as of now I’m still getting back into the swing of things.

However, prior to that I completed the first draft of the story treatment for the first part of the opening story. I’ve already started the script, but I want to wait until I outline the second part of the story before I really get into it.

The main reason for holding off for now are some balancing issues I’m worried about. I’m pretty happy with the treatment as it is for the most part, but I need to know how everything is going to end before I can really decide what exactly will change for the second draft of the story treatment. Once that’s sorted out, it won’t take long at all to complete the script (unless there are unforeseeable difficulties) as I’ve cranked out scripts before within a two week timeframe. I’ll be conservative though, and say between two weeks to a month work time when I start.

I’ve also being continuing things on the production side, mainly focusing on modelling some of the 2D designs already showcased here in 3D. I’ve had some pretty good progress on the NX design, and I’ve also got a little done on the D5 as well. Of course the ultimate goal with them is to get a trailer of some variety or another done. I’ll have some pics up at some point in the near future.

Auditions are still open, particularly for the two female leads of Hoshi and T’Pol, but if anyone interested in any of the other roles please apply. Audition material and instructions can be found on the first post of my blog: http://ent-s5-dev.blogspot.com/.

Posted Image

#32 Pheon

Pheon

Crewman

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:43 AM

I thought it was about time I posted an update. Here's the current progress on the 3D NX model, at this stage I've pretty much got all the basics down and I'm proceeding with the detailing.

Attached Thumbnails

• NX_toon_WIP_18.jpg
  • NX_toon_WIP_19.jpg

Posted Image

#33 Pheon

Pheon

Crewman

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:40 PM

Here's a quick little update of a test animation, a culmination of about two hours of walk earlier today. I hope to extend it a little more in length, and hopefully flesh it out into a fully fledged scene.

Walk Test

Posted Image

#34 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:53 AM

Here's a quick little update of a test animation, a culmination of about two hours of walk earlier today. I hope to extend it a little more in length, and hopefully flesh it out into a fully fledged scene.

Walk Test

Pheon, there's no doubt about it, you're out there at the cutting edge! That's a fascinating concept you have there. Do you create the model from scratch or do you have a 3D model to base it on like they do with "motion capture suits"? You'd have to be pretty artistic to be able to create anatomy like that from scratch.

Great work!

K

Posted Image

#35 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 06:01 PM

I'm looking forward to more!

#36 LLAP-TERRELL

LLAP-TERRELL

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 04:24 AM

All this looks great Joe, but I can't seem to "find" your animation (moving) work - is it in your banner? I click and nothing happens.

I went to your blog - very nce - and left comments; not reply, so far, and it seem your project has stalled? I hope this isn't the case?!

LLAP, TERRELL B)

P.S. If I had the time, I'd love to do some V.O. work with your project; but I'd MUCH rather offer my teleplay Scripts, for you? :nod:
LLAP (Live Long And Prosper) and NEVER give up!
Failure is... NOT an option, here!

"When one loses faith, and gives up hopes of trying to succeed; one LOSES, and gives up ALL hopes of succeeding!!!" - Terrell (himself)

Posted Image"> - SIGGY BANNER

<a target="_BLANK" href="

#37 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:36 AM

Click on the Walk test link in Pheon's last post here and it will ask you to download a zip file, do that and when done extract the video and then play it, i think it is 12mb

#38 Pheon

Pheon

Crewman

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:49 AM

Pheon, there's no doubt about it, you're out there at the cutting edge! That's a fascinating concept you have there. Do you create the model from scratch or do you have a 3D model to base it on like they do with "motion capture suits"? You'd have to be pretty artistic to be able to create anatomy like that from scratch.

It's 2D lines drawn using a 3D animation as reference. Although, it's not so much that I wouldn't be able to do an animation like that from scratch, it's just that it would've taken me ten times the time to achieve similar results.

Right now, I'm adding details to the base, turning it into a hopefully familiar face from the show. I'll post a pic, of the detailed version when it's ready.

All this looks great Joe, but I can't seem to "find" your animation (moving) work - is it in your banner? I click and nothing happens.

Click on the Walk test link in Pheon's last post here and it will ask you to download a zip file, do that and when done extract the video and then play it, i think it is 12mb

What he said. ;)

I went to your blog - very nce - and left comments; not reply, so far, and it seem your project has stalled? I hope this isn't the case?!

As a matter of fact, the project's steaming on ahead at a rate never seen before. It's amazing what a little help can do. :) Unfortunately, I just don't seem to find the time to update my blog, although I'm resolved to change this in the near future and begin posted daily (or at least weekly) reports detailing the work on the project.

I should have some pretty pictures from the newest and thus far only member of the team other than me in the near future.

Hell, I might as well just post it now. This is the work of Adam Kopala aka somacruz145, who frequents the SciFi-Meshes forum.

bop7.jpg

bop8.jpg

bop10.jpg

d59.jpg

d510.jpg

d511.jpg

smallbop1.jpg

P.S. If I had the time, I'd love to do some V.O. work with your project; but I'd MUCH rather offer my teleplay Scripts, for you? :nod:

Trust me, from the stickler I am with the writing V.O. work will probably take a lot less time. But I'm not looking for additional writers at the presence, if however you do plan on pursuing this option contact me privately for instructions on what will be happening in the future (it's never too early to start ;) ).

Posted Image

#39 Pheon

Pheon

Crewman

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:28 PM

I've got some new pics uploaded on the development blog, hope you enjoy them.

Posted Image

#40 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 10:26 PM

all i can think of wow, it is looking so good

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users